Where Are The PH "Mains"?

xenofon13
xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

After the cage nerf haven't see Pyramid Heads.

Where are they? Ohh yeah, instead of patrolling gens, back straight to the cage.

RIP Pyramid Tunneling Mains.

Comments

• xenofon13

I prefer bubba facecamp (mostly at the end game) over cage tunnel anytime.

• xenofon13

Okay, whatever you say.

Of course i'm happy when i don't get tunnel off cage, what are you talking about. And i play killer a lot btw.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

I main him, I just got him all the perks at P3

He is so cool killer, but his power still need to be looked at it

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Pyramid Head isn't overly strong and people are starting to learn how to play against him resulting in mediocre performance.

People want to dominate so most of them eventually return to their actual mains like Freddy, Spirit, Hillbilly etc.

Personally I'm still playing Pyramid Head a lot as I've been a fan of the Silent Hill franchise since my childhood but in the long run I will stick to my actual main - Bubba.

Can't wait for his buff. People will regret touching my basement chest like never before.

• Luxoshamy
    Luxoshamy Member Posts: 31

There was two types of main PH players. One was the silent hill fans that recently got into the game and played non-stop until they got bored or started to playing something else because of the nerf. (This were probably the ones who facecamped, tunneled, chased someone for 5 minutes). And then you got the killer mains that test him out and ended up liking it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,087

I see around 1 or 2 Pyramid Heads per Day, sometimes none. Its just normal Ratio, he is not brandnew anymore, so less people are playing him. But I dont notice that he is more rare than other Killers.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

How many Freddies do you see on a regular basis? Just curious.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Simple. He's not a strong killer. His ranges attack can be easily dodged and comes down to if the survivor can react, unlike Deathslinger or Huntress. Additionally, his cages are usually useless, as good survivors will run away from where their team is, so he becomes a 115 killer with a weak range attack and a quick kill when they're on death hook.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I still play him, got him to P3 a couple of days ago. Just trying to get my Legion to P3 now. Pyramid Head is definitely my second fav after Ghost Face though.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,087

Around the same. I dont see Freddy more often or less than other Killers.

The Killers I see the most are Huntress (even before the Tome) and Legion (probably because of the Tome). Least Killers are Wraith (almost never) and Hag (even tho; got a few Hags the past week).

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited July 2020

I’m working on prestiging him now. He’ll be my eighteenth P3 (on PC). The anniversary has me drowning in blood points. I’ve been prestiging characters, getting perks on characters, and collecting gateaus.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I don't see any more or less of him since the nerf. He fell off pretty quickly after release because he's not a very strong killer. I have fun with him though and he's in my rotation

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

Since his release I have played nothing but Pyramid Head. His nerf took a bit of his power. It had actually been a really nice piece of information. Sadly people abused this mechanic to tunnel of cage and destroy the fun of the survivors. He is still one of the stronger killers and is quite a lot of fun. His cages are still useful and his ranged attack is highly underrated, but you can't just spam it. You have to wait for the right moment (usually when survivors jump over windows or drop a pallet). Even if they don't drop the pallet, you can just cancel your power and go for them. There is basically nothing you can do to avoid the hit.