Why Baldi from Baldi's Basics is a better candidate for killer than Springtrap from FNAF

Options
Honkerton
Honkerton Member Posts: 24
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Here's why Baldi from Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning is a better candidate to be added as a killer than FNAF's Springtrap:

1) He teaches u things;

2) he's very relatable;

3) hes very well mannered;

4) he inspires discipline;

5) he is a positive role model;

6) his ruler;

7) it would be much easier to obtain permission to use this character than the latter.

Here's why Springtrap SHOULDN'T be added to DbD:

1) He's purple;

2) he preys on literal children;

3) jumpscare fiesta;

4) he smells (literally);

5) Fnaf is cringe;

6) Fnaf target audience is 7-13.

7) the guy who made this dude will not let go so easily of this character.

But in all seriousness, I've been seeing a lot of "HERES WHY SPRINGTRAP WILL MAEK A FINE ADDITION" threads and no, just no. if we start adding kids' games characters to this videogame, I will be VERY, VERY disappointed.

P.S: If you mean to tell me this guy doesn't instill fear in you or at the very least make you feel uneasy, maybe you're just desensitized, I don't know.

Post edited by Honkerton on

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint for Scott though. He is a single man company, which means he would have to do all of the legal work and having to pay the lawyer all for something that he won't see revenue from for atleast another 6-9 months

He's better of spending his time and money on his own franchise tbh. Could still happen ofcourse but if i was Scott i probably wouldn't do it untill fnaf popularity had died down a bit to relight it again

• MyWorldHasCome
    MyWorldHasCome Member Posts: 146
    Options

Didn't the original Freddy Krueger get burnt by a mistake while in the remake version they made him as a Pedophile?

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

well i mean there WAS old files of a killer called the teacher with a ruler as his power icon

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164
    Options

He got burned because he was a child killer, so the angry mob of parents did it. Most of them regretted it afterwars tho.

Wes Craven actually wanted to make him a child molester, but instead made him "just" a murderer.

Also the original version with actor Robert Englund was more a comedical/cynical freddy, while the new actor is more like a creepy pedohile, what was fully intended by Wes.

I would love a original freddy skin so much more than the new one!

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Most people hate facing a Freddy, this must be the reason why.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Make him a skin for Wraith and he can use his ruler to make the bong-bong.

• DezzyTV
    DezzyTV Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2020
    Options

Please stop with these child characters... nobody needs that!

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93
    Options

😕 The Demogorgon prayed on kids younger than Freddie didn't it? I haven't seen Freddy movies in a while but I remember them being in senior high school while in Stranger Things they were much younger. [I must be one of a small minority that doesn't know much about FNAF so I don't get the fuss about the dead rabbit guy]

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options
  • Honkerton
    Options

The demodog is acting upon it's instincts as a predator, it's basically an animal. Also don't bother with Fnaf, the story is stupid and gets retconned with every game that comes out.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

but, I’m 24 and I love the FNAF story..

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

People still claim FNAF has “lore”? 😂

I also have no idea who Baldi is but he has my vote over Springtrap.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164
    Options

Im not so much into freddys, but in my suggestion the overall FNAF universe is far more interesting for me than baldis. 😂

Hes just like not even scary, but it would be fun to have him as a killer tho.

Id say tastes are different and saying "this or this is for kids from 13-17" is far more childish than any game could be.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

Lore is like the only thing that Fnaf has...

It's the whole treasure hunt and lore discussions that made it popular in the first place.

How did you think it got popular? It's stellar gameplay?

• Rey_512
    Options

It got popular because of people flocking to Lets Play channels of adults exaggerating the jumpscares in order to seem “funny” and attract viewers.

From what I’ve seen, there is no established/consistent lore. A purple 8-bit man walking around? What a great way to explain a backstory.

• Honkerton
    Options

Rey gets it. Fnaf got famous because of lets players and their gaggle of 11 year old followers. I'm not trying to take away from you FNaF if you like it but you can't deny the majority of people who like it are in the age group between 7 and 13.

• Rey_512
    Options

Thanks, @Honkerton!

Same - I have nothing against people that like that game... it’s just not a game that is know for great lore/storytelling. If you’re a fan, accept it for what it is... a cheap jumpscare game with enough backstory to explain the setting. Kind of like Emily Wants to Play meets Chuck E Cheese’s.

• Honkerton
    Options

All things considered, FNaF was a small game made by an unknown indie one-man developer who was hoping to hop onto the horror game bandwagon back when horror games and letsplayers such as but not limited to Pewdiepie, Markiplier, Tobuscus and more were the norm. If it wasn't for the exposure that the LPs gave the game, it wouldn't even have had sequels, books, etc. I guess Scott got a lucky break and went with it.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

What would be baldis power.

• Honkerton
    Options

He can send one of his friends from the school at random to 'help' you by slowing you down, blocking your progress or your way in some way or another, taking away your item and placing it at killer shack, etc.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

I mean you could say the same about DbD. Streamer publicity happens with every game these days.

I'm not an avid fnaf player myself and i would much rather see killers like chucky or jason in the game, you know the actual slasher horror classics.

But what i've heard from other people there is an entire story of a child murderer in there with Scott hiding clue's in the source code of teaser pictures of upcoming games and whatsnot.

I'm sure someone else here that actually played it could explain it better then me but from my understanding there was an entire easteregg hunt to uncover the story behind it.

You don't have to like the games but saying it has no lore is like saying dark souls had no challenge. It's just plain wrong.

No amount of streamer publicity would make what's bassicly the same jumpscare simulator over and over again this popular if there wasen't something more to it

• Rey_512
    Options

The thing is I never claimed DBD has a great lore or deep backstory. It has enough to explain certain killer’s powers, which is acceptable to me. I don’t like DBD for the lore, I like it for the gameplay.

You’re right, FNAF has “lore” but it’s poorly put together since it depends massively on fan theories without in-game textual descriptions or cutscenes to help piece it together.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

Can't argue with you there. It does feel that Fnaf let their fans write the lore and just went with it

• Rey_512
    Options

Dark Souls could be seen similarly but it actually has cutscenes, dialog with the main NPCs, and item descriptions that help piece just enough for you to get an idea of what’s going on in the world.

Yes, there’s tons of fan theories in DS but unlike FNAF it has in-game facts to help support some of those.

• Bigboifordays
    Bigboifordays Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2020
    Options

Ok first off NO. Baldi's Basics typical age group who watches the game is 7-13 as well so I disagree with that statement ENTIRELY. There are 20 to 30 year old people STILL playing FNAF or have played it already. Dead By Daylight and Scott Cawthon would make BANK from a FNAF chapter. Whether it brings in younger players or not but putting Baldi in DBD is just stupid. I doubt he'd ever make it into the game.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

"Here's why Springtrap SHOULDN'T be added to DbD:

1) He's purple"

AY AY WOAH! There's no need for racist comments like that here in these innocent forum pages. /s

Jokes aside, I think FNaF would make a great chapter, mainly because I feel like a lot of people do FNaF a disservice around here, and refuse to look at it in an unbiased manner. If you don't like it, that's fine, but I always see the same points recycled. No matter how many times either me, or somebody else, tries to disprove them, they always come back, still as flawed as ever. It's why I stopped actually trying to fight the criticism that these theads present, because most of the time, I've answered them in some way shape or form already.

I'll just link this here as my official opinion: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117521/why-a-fnaf-chapter-wouldnt-be-a-bad-idea/p1

• NightmareReborn
    Options

I'm going to copy and paste an older response I had to another comment because I feel like it could also address something here.

If I were to guess, when you think of cringey let's players, I bet one of the first ones that came to mind was Markiplier. This was Markiplier's first ever let's play on FNaF:

Many people criticize him here for acting immature and child like, and faking his reactions while being scared. This video was posted almost 6 full years ago, and people still largely credit it today for the child like audience that FNaF supposedly has, but I think there's a HUGE chunk of information that people tend to leave out.

Copied and pasted: "Linked here is Markiplier's video where he plays FNaF 1 in 2020, about 2 months ago. I have no clue if you actually watched the video already, but if you haven't already, I want you to think about what you expect to see. In his first playthrough, people see mark act more childlike, and get scared easily (which made people think he was faking being scared). Now watch this video, does any of that hold up today?

No, not in any capacity. In this video, he takes a deeper look at the game, viewing it through more of a nostalgic and objective light. He's not screaming. He's not faking being scared. He's enjoying the game for the experience it provides, while talking about how far the franchise as a whole has come. This is actual proof of how the fanbase has matured over time, and I know that Markiplier doesn't exemplify absolutely everyone, but it's definitely representative of a good chunk of the FNaF community, atleast according to the people that hold Markiplier accountable for creating FNaF's, supposedly, childlike demographic.

It's sad to see how much unjustified hate FNaF gets, and I'm not talking about the people who simply don't like it, but rather the people who rehash the same reasons why FNaF is bad to them, then refuse to listen to criticisms."

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103
    Options

I think that the whole point of FNAF's lore is that it's not explained in game. Having to piece it together through a blend of in-game content and ARG-style clue hunting lends the lore a certain character that is, in my opinion, fascinating. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose. We're talking about springtrap, not FNAF as a whole.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

Sounds neat

• Rey_512
    Options

Again, I am not bashing the game itself nor its fans/players/streamers... I am simply stating that the “lore” is not anything to write home about.

What I am against are the claims that there is a “rich” lore behind the half-assed stories that Scott is trying to tell, which has gone through at least ONE retcon. Scott Cawthorn’s OWN words:

“The truth is that I've done one actual retcon in the series (although I'm not going to say where it was).“

• Rey_512
    Options

If putting together the lore yourself is what you find exciting and makes the game more fun that’s great! However that doesn’t change the fact that the “established” lore is half-assed. Leaving it to the audience in the manner FNAF does is not a masterpiece, it’s lazy. But lazy doesn’t mean boring, as I’ve already stated - it just means that you can enjoy the game for what it is: a jumpscare/strategy game with enough backstory to keep you hooked.

• Honkerton
    edited July 2020
    Options

You fell for it.

I wanted to make an intentionally ridiculous post and you fell for it.

There will always be people outside of the targeted age group - just like Twilight, which was targeted towards teenagers, you end up having 20-30-40 year old single women watching the Twilight series at the cinemas and sighing in pure desperation every time they show Robert Pattinson. You can make the same argument with Baldi's Basics, the creator never intended it to be a serious game for kids, first time you boot it up it will even tell you that. On their Google Play page it says that Baldi's Basics is a "creepy/bad edutainment meta horror game that's really weird, with no real educational value to be found". It's a joke game that should not be taken seriously. For that same reason, and also the overall bright colors and basic/plain look it appeals to actual children.

Additionally, I don't want actual 8 year olds on Dead by Daylight. It has nothing to do with gatekeeping or inclusivity, it's just not a game a kid in the age group from 7 to 13 should be playing. Period. Game rating is 17+ for a reason.

And last but not least, you say Baldi's Basics is stupid, I say FNaF is stupid. I believe my claims that Baldi has a place into the DbD roster just as much as fNaF SpRiNgTrAp does according to your counterclaim.

• Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34
    Options

Never before have i seen something so stupid and just laughed at it. You should be a comedian

• Honkerton
    Options
  • PureAqua73
    PureAqua73 Member Posts: 4
    Options

The Nightmare on Elm Street Chapter is based on the remake.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93
    Options

baldi is literally 2 feet tall in the picture lol

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited July 2020
    Options

Omg I cant even with this thread!!🤣🤣🤣 his terror radius is his ruler smacking his hand🤣

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Looks about as scary and detailed as FNAF.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

You aren't actually serious about the baldi thing right? Baldis is almost exclusively followed by kids, and the aesthetic would not work at all. As for FNAF. To start, the kids argument has always been stupid, go play help wanted and then tell me you would subject a kid to it. Second, the cringe argument is about the community rather than the material, and the community has calmed down a lot as of late, I can guarantee the main cringe you'll find is probably a year old or more. And the intended demographic is atleast 12 and up, which is admittedly quite a bit lower than other franchises, but that is nowhere near 7-13. I feel like these points you use are only to justify your opinion rather than actually being valid to the series, If you don't like FNAF and find the constant posts about it annoying thats fine, I'm not big on FNAF anymore and these constant posts are starting to annoy me. But writing an opinion and trying to passing it off as fact while also contributing to the mountain of posts on the topic aren't helping anyone.

• NightmareReborn
    Options

I think that Scott has an amazing story going for FNaF. He just intentionally doesn't spoon feed it to the fans because, well, that's for them to figure out. Yes, it can lead to things being somewhat convoluted, but Scott always makes sure to steer people to the right track.

As for the retcon, I feel like it also would have been a good idea to mention that Scott also said this: "To be clear, the one retcon mentioned was integrated pretty seamlessly, and most people didn't notice. If it had caused problems or confusion then I would have addressed it here [in a reddit post]."

I'm not saying FNaF is some Shakespearean literary masterpiece by any means, but it has a lot more of a story that what people give it credit for.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93
    Options

i would pay good money for a stick slapping noise terror radius

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah FNAF is crap. I hope it never comes to DBD. It won't be game breaking if it does I just won't buy it unless there are some seriously good perks included.

Also my dislike of FNAF doesn't invalidate anyone's like of it. I just don't like it and don't think it fits in DBD.