Next killer or licensed killer?

Vantaral
Vantaral Member Posts: 15

Hello i must ask you what next killer do you want or do you have any ideas? and for licensed?

For me licensed is simple: Jason Voorhees, Predator or Alien, most people want Candyman or Pennywise im not a fan of them so i dont care about them.

For non-licensed i think this is a dumb thing but i would like to see like some possessed knight from medieval era with flail or with mace.

I think there is a posibility for another licensed killer tho since its 4th anniversary.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Some leaks point to licensed as of now.. but this could obviously change and is no guarantee.

Jason is unlikely due to licensing, Predator has its own asymmetrical game that’s fairly new iirc and Alien is owned by Disney and personally I think if they get it, it will be a good 5th anniversary addition because how big the franchise is! (But pls prove me wrong, I want Alien now!)

Candyman is just very likely, and I want to see a bee-based power!

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

I have a feeling the next killer will be Candyman but who knows. Speculation is always wrong lol.

As for a licensed killer I’d want, my vote goes to the scarecrow or wendigo from Supernatural. (For wendigo, I would want the caves it hides in to be the map)

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

You've seen the Wraiths Scarecrow out fit right? looks pretty legit

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Its licensed and its Candyman, will be released the same time as the new movie.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

If you have any proof or links please share.

I don';t say this to sound like "No proof or you troll". I genuinely want to see if this is true cause i would love for this to be a thing.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Licenced: god i want Chucky to be in this game. Love that little rascal

Unlicenced. Some kind of hybrid human spider creature would be amazing for me. Or a pyromaniac with a makeshift flamethrower

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

We know the next chapter is licensed because leaksbydaylight said they looked in the games coding and found the next killer and survivor can only be purchased with auric cells. The next chapter also releases around the same time as the new Candyman movie. Also on twitter the actor who plays Candyman has been acting suspiciously the past few months liking dbd tweets and even following dead by daylight.. someone even asked him are you coming to dbd or can’t you talk about it and he replied saying I’m under a NDA.

• CrusaderNella

My heart is pounding. OOOOH, i really hope it is him.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

That sounds like a whole lot of speculation linked together none of the things you've stated so far have been concrete proof.

I remember when everyone said it was going to be pennywise for similar reasons

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I want Resident Evil or a Pirate killer

• Vantaral

Well thanks for comments and ideas im really hoping for that wendigo but as it seems it might be candyman i like him but im not hyped

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

-Predator is highly unlikely due to how they usually hunt their prey. They also have their own game.

-Pennywise is another big NO, simply because his power would be related to shape-shifting, which wouldn't work vs a comms SWF.

Jason Voorhees is highly likely to happen...if he was legally available.

-Candyman is a likely candidate for the next licensed chapter

-Pinhead is another choice, but less likely than Candyman

I would personally like to see RESIDENT EVIL make an appearance in DBD

The next original killer I'm hoping for is something like an insectoid or an Egyptian killer.

• CrusaderNella

I'm hoping for a machine killer.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

The extant of the Pennywise "speculation" was the DBD twitter account and MCote following Stephen King on twitter and nothing more. No one at WB, or King, or the Pennywise actor followed DBD back nor teased anything.

What happened with Tony Todd's earlier this year was unprecedented in regards to DBD teasing. The closest thing to it we've gotten would be Netflix's official teasing of the ST chapter on Twitter. But Todd's teasing was clearly not offical as after he began liking the LBD twittter and liking some of their Candyman tweets he suddenly stopped all DBD related twitter activity.

Obviously someone at Universal or Behaviour told him to shut up as he was spoiling it.

• Esskay
    Esskay Member Posts: 21

Pennywise does more stuff then just shapeshifting, devs said that its their dream license, if they can get ahold of them, they will.

A better argument for predator would be he's more action oriented then horror, if DBD wanted Predator they wouldn't go "ah but his hunting style makes it difficult guess we cant"

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2020

J E E P E R S C R E E P E R S

Make it happen. Don't come at me with any bullshit. This character deserves to be in the game.

Besides, flying killer that gets stronger by eating parts of dead/sacrificed survivors? Let's go.

• NorbiZ
    NorbiZ Member Posts: 17

Ok let's see what we can have:

1. MOST LIKELY - Candyman: He's most likely, not a huge license, the new movie is coming out around the same time as the chapter, and Tony Todd has been hinting at him if I'm right.
    2. LIKELY - Jason: From what I know the lawsuit might have settled last month, but even if it didn't, he can still be added as long as BHVR doesn't mention the events of the first movie. While this sounds good and all, he's a huge license, so they might keep him until the 5th Anniversary.
    3. MAYBE - Springtrap: A lot of people have shown interest in him and getting the license should be easy, but I have a feeling he would be a paragraph, because there's no one who can be the survivor.
    4. POSSIBLE, LIKELY NOT: Chucky, Pinhead and Alien, it just doesn't feel like they are going to be added anytime soon.
    5. WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE ADDED: Pennywise, he would be a good killer, but let's face it, he's way too strong, probably stronger than the Entity, BHVR also said they want to add him, but they didn't. Stephen King doesn't like videogames, so I just can't see him being added.
  • Vantaral

Maybe some animatronic from known series five nights at freddys?

Someone said that he is hoping for machine killer could be interesting

• Mooks

Could Terminator be a possibility?

they already got the license for that other game so a basis for negotiations exists

• Vantaral
    edited July 2020

Well Terminator could be possibility for mine opinion but i dont want him in the game he is not the type

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I would like a snow werewolf or alien.

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2020

My list, ordered by most wanted (*licensed):

1. Horror Slashers* - Jason, The Creeper, Sam (Trick-r-Treat), Chucky, Candyman, Pinhead
    2. Jack Torrence* ("Here's Johnny" on successful locker grab)
    3. Scarecrow, Mummy, Werewolf (Originals mentioned elsewhere)
    4. Pennywise*
    5. Alien* (I was never keen on the monster/alien types as they aren't really supernatural slashers, but they broke that seal by adding Demogorgon). If they do alien, it would be cool to see a spaceship level and instead of generators, some kind of circuit panels which open cargo doors with escape pods/ships, but begs the question.. how did the survivors get into space?
    6. Pirate, Viking (Originals mentioned elsewhere)
    7. Universal Classics (The Mummy and The Wolf Man if not done as originals listed above)
    • The Mummy
    • The Wolf Man
    • Dracula
    • Frankenstein
    • Creature from the Black Lagoon
    • Phantom of the Opera
    • The Invisible Man
    • Bride of Frankenstein
    Post edited by SIeepWaIker on
  • Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Predator would have to have an entirely new way of traversal killers don't have. Trees are a main point of movement for predators, and that's something this game couldn't really have with the style of maps and how general killer gameplay works. Predator is better off in other games.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

I’d really like to see Alien, Pennywise, maybe something from Amnesia. Also like an above post mentioned, a killer from Supernatural would be cool too.

I like original killers too, but the licensed stuff is what sold me on this game.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

The Zodiac Killer.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I really hate that there's another licensed character incoming. There are almost no licenses that I even care about anymore.

• MyWorldHasCome
    MyWorldHasCome Member Posts: 146

The next killer will be an original one i guess but we can't close doors since one time, we got 3 licensed killers on a row...

ORIGINAL - Trapper

ORIGINAL - Wraith

ORIGINAL - Hillbilly

ORIGINAL - Nurse

LICENSED - Shape

ORIGINAL - Hag

ORIGINAL - Doctor

ORIGINAL - Huntress

LICENSED - Cannibal

LICENSED - Nightmare

LICENSED - Pig

ORIGINAL - Clown

ORIGINAL - Spirit

ORIGINAL - Legion

ORIGINAL - Plague

LICENSED - Ghost Face

LICENSED - Demogorgon

ORIGINAL - Oni

ORIGINAL - Deathslinger

LICENSED - Executioner

• Mooks

Actually leaks suggest that the next one may very well be licensed.. (but it’s still leaks so no 100% proof)

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

In the notes, it shows that both the survivor and killer can only be bought with auric cells. So it’s licensed. Now we’re just left to wonder who it could be. Yeah, we could assume Candyman, but we were wrong last time lol

• imagine
    imagine Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2020

Freddy from FNAF. "The Animatronic". I can dream 🤣

Post edited by imagine on
  • ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Naughty Bear, you know they want to do it too.

• NuKeD
    NuKeD Member Posts: 227

everybody talks about springtrap, but i wanna think it's candyman, since his movie is coming out in september

• Vantaral
  • Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Likewise, I came up with an idea for Nemesis from Resident Evil 3...😀

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169423/new-idea-killer#latest

Ps: I don't think I'll buy the next DLC if it's not Resident evil. Silent hill, why not Resident evil !

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

My guess would be RE Resistance to be the reason why. But I also guess we will never know

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158

Licensed: Sam from Trick r' treat

Original: Werewolf

• Vantaral

I see werewolf a lot in this discussion and ye it would be cool but what about vampire?