When Did This Oni Mechanic Become a Bug?

RockoRango
RockoRango Member Posts: 554
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
  • The Oni: Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to drop twice the amount of Blood Orbs when performing actions while injured.

Isn’t this intended? If this is what I think it is, it means that survivors will no longer drop extra blood orbs when performing actions like vaulting. Why directly nerf Oni by getting rid of this mechanic, let alone why get rid of this mechanic in the first place?

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,510

@Peanits any comments on this i thought this was intended to promote the survivor to heal instead of doing other stuff.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

They did what now? Why would they di that, could have sworn that was intended to promote healing as counterplay.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222

Kinda reminds me how they nerfed his flick too stating what this is a bug. Guess thats the way devs nerf killers now.

• RockoRango

I thought about that too, but I haven’t noticed 4 blood orbs when survivors do actions either. As well as that, it seems I wasn’t the only one who thought this was an intended feature.

• Switcheroo
    Switcheroo Member Posts: 48

I wonder if they do this to not get as much backlash over nerfs? Definitely a disappointing nerf but it feels fair imo

• RockoRango

Oni’s power didn’t need a nerf. If this is true, Oni will get his power a lot less frequently.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Bruh, you can't just nerf a killer and call it a bug fix.

• Switcheroo
    Switcheroo Member Posts: 48

Personally gonna wait until I try him out after the patch. His power is one of the strongest in the game and he gets it pretty fast even without addons. It doesn't feel like a necessary nerf but I don't think it will ruin the Oni.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Maybe they mean rushed actions, like vaulting windows? Since you’ll typically only do that in chase and you can’t heal in chase, it’s not really about counterplay.

• RockoRango

Wdym? I believe it means actions like vaulting windows, vaulting pallets, doing gens, or healing. It’s an incentive to heal before you do your objective, and it rewards Oni if you’re able to force the survivor to drop more blood for your power.

Try him on the PTB if you’d like to see it yourself; it’s out now.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I mean that maybe they worded the patch notes strangely and they’re only referring to fast vaults on windows or pallets, and you’ll still drop more orbs while healing/repairing/cleansing/etc. There’s no “incentive to heal” decision making involved with fast vaults because you’ll only really fast vault against Oni in a chase, and you can’t heal in a chase.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I suppose it's simply worded ambiguously. When you perform certain actions, you drop more orbs. I think what it means is that the bug made it drop twice the amount of set orbs, not that you shouldn't increase orb drop rate in those situations.

• RockoRango

But a bug like that would be EXTREMELY noticable (as in 4 orbs instead of 2), and I haven't noticed that at all. In fact, if it was the case some areas could be like filled with the max amount of blood very easily.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I mean, I definitely notice that when injured survivors go work on gens. I always thought it was intentional, like the Plague's sickness speeding up when survivors were running, etc.

• RockoRango

@Peanits Could we get some clarity on what this means? It's very vague. It either means that survivors no longer drop extra orbs while doing actions, or they were dropping extra orbs on top of the extra orbs from doing actions and THAT was fixed.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

A survivor is supposed to drop only 2 orbs when perfoming an action.

But i think since the release of Deathslinger or that Mid Chapter Update survivor drop 4 blood orbs when performing an action like vaulting a wimdow for example.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited July 2020

Something that gets fixed is obviously not intended.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • RockoRango
    edited July 2020

This is the same dev team that nerfed Oni's flick because it was a 'bug'.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Okay so I feel like this is worded pooly.

From what I gathered, there was a bug which meant that you'd drop the regular default orbs, then extra for performing actions, which would then be doubled what should've been recieved sometimes. It wasn't intended, and so it was fixed.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

It depends on what they mean by actions...

Vaulting, dropping a pallet, ect I always thought dropped an extra amount of blood orbs and it's always done that.

Doing a generator may be what they mean but I don't know, I never suspected anything wrong with it because I was just thought "well they were standing in one spot for quite a while doing generators so of course a lot of blood orbs accumulated here"

• RockoRango

Alrighty.

There wouldn't be any confusion if there was a response to a call for clarification, but good to know

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Yeah but oh well.

I could be mistaken too, but that's what I read into that

• mostlyghostly
    mostlyghostly Member Posts: 135

Oh god it's freddy and spirit next