Can y’all stop complaining?

Options
Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I don’t understand why there’s so many negative posts about billy on here. I play both sides equally and have many hours in this game and tbh I think the re-work seems fine. A lot of billy/hardcore killer mains seem upset but tell me why right now why a killer with a chainsaw that can down someone instantly, traverse the map in a few seconds, and can use his power infinitely in a chase should not receive a cool down? Take oni for a example, ( I main him) he has an ability that can one shot survivors LIKE billy but you have to either smack 2 survivors off the bat to fill up your power meter or take 1 chase and absorb enough blood to traverse the map and snowball and apply pressure. He is not someone that can whip out his Kanabo whenever he wants and just zoom across the map and just down someone, you need to actually get some chases going in which is why I’ve ALWAYS preferred oni over billy. You cannot just mindlessly spam they chainsaw whenever you want now. I feel like this rework was necessary and I just see a lot of people complaining.

Post edited by Babyyy_Boyy on

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,387
    Options

@LetsPlayTogether yes lets call on the survivor main god of infinite wisdom and ask his opinion on these changes. We summon thee!

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

It’s not though. If you have a really good billy like say Ayrun plays TV who can curve at almost every loop it’s not weaker to oni at all. This wasn’t about who’s power is stronger it’s more about why shouldn’t billy receive a cool down if he could use his power infinitely if oni has to walk around the map and collect blood orbs or smack survivors or take chases to use his power.

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139
    Options

Ayrun plays crackbilly mostly. Not really flickbilly. Most good flickbillys are either unknown because they don't make any content/are small yters/streamers. A good flickbilly would be FingerGunz for example.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

True. There are some good curvers and flickers our there with billy.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

No.

• ins0
    ins0 Member Posts: 118
    Options
  • MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

I overheated while chainsawing, picked the survivor up, went to a hook, hooked the survivor, 3 seconds later my Chainsaw is back off cool down. Such a strong nerf.

• whiteixal
    whiteixal Member Posts: 23
    Options

can't you tell the difference between butchering down the killer worse than nurse and making the killer strong yet balanced like TS oni? Cause I'm fcking sure no one prefers the former when the nerf gets this bad, and that's where all the complaints are coming from.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

See that’s the thing. Nurse got a cool down on her blinks but it’s literally 2-3 seconds, shorter with blink recharge add-ons. She’s still a very strong killer you just can’t spam her blinks after your final one anymore. Yes they removed 5 blink nurse which WAS necessary but her power didn’t change at all just the add-ons. Like I said the majority of the people that are upset are the ones that can’t spam his power anymore. I still don’t understand why people think it’s okay for a killer to spam their power? Let alone a power that can one shot you.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334
    Options

Nurse is slower than survivors, she literally relied solely on her power. You can "mindlessly spam" blinks as much as you want but unless you know how to use them correctly they aren't going to go anywhere.

The biggest issue that people have with these nerfs is not that they make them worse, but they make the killer significantly less fun to play as. Nobody likes having to wait for a powerbar to fill back up before you can actually play the game.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

Nurse should be able to spam her blinks, being that she is a super slow killer. Holding W against her is such an easy counter for survivors because of the cooldowns at base. Juking her is also significantly easier, since they made is so she visually appears when blinking to a specific location before she actually gets to that location. Nurse is just overly frustrating to play as, & if you aren't a god with her you basically will always have a rough time as her. They nerfed her power to make it easier to counter, but it's honestly a bit much to anyone that doesn't actually play her all that much.

Hillbilly also didn't necessarily need a nerf to his "spam". He honestly never even spammed like that if you could loop him correctly. He wasn't hard to counter either, so its not like his ability was busted. It was strong, & they made it so that now you get severely punished just for trying to use it. The only change he genuinely needed was removing stackable charge speed add-ons & updating add-ons. I guess a cooldown could be implemented to prevent him from face camping & holding a survivor hostage, but as of the PTB its impacting all other skill-based gameplay he had. I would say remove Overheat completely or double the charges of the meter.

• Nivala
    Nivala Member Posts: 14
    Options

You obviously do not know the true potential to Hillbilly. Hillbilly has the highest skill cap of any Killer in the game, heck he takes even more skill to play than Nurse. If you are an amazing Billy you can do crazy and impressive things. You can abuse the environment to go flying across the map and get skill shots from the sky, Good Billys can curve around pallet loops as well, and use their chainsaw in new and interesting ways. The Overheat mechanics takes away all the style from Billy's chainsaw because it accumulates so fast. With Overheat you will no longer see such skilled gameplay from Billy players. The overheat change is entirely unnecessary and Behavior is just hurting their own game with it. I am by no means a skilled Billy, I play mostly Nurse or Spirit. One of the BIGGEST disappointments of Overheat to me is I can no longer spam my chainsaw. I am not talking about revving it on the progress bar. I mean just tapping your m2 a bunch to make the chainsaw noise but immediately cancel it, it is pretty funny to do with Survivors and makes for fun memey games. But with Overheat I cannot do that anymore. They claim they are doing this to incite more skill based gameplay but it is doing entirely the opposite. Take out Overheat and just keep the add-on changes and Billy will be perfectly fine. Most Billys I encounter never camp because he has so much potential they do not need to. The only Billys that camp are new players who have no idea how to play him, so camping is not an issue on Billy. Leatherface on the other hand, like 99% of them are all campers.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    Options

My main complaint is the addons. Like, they are YOUR POWER ADDONS, but two addons revolve around being flashlighted, dont affect your power, and dont even have good effects, his addons are trash, his power isnt terrible, but its still unneeded

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

Of course some Billy players can pull off some skillful plays, but the majority of Billy players I face usually just spam their chainsaw because there really isn't much of a downside when using it. This needed fixed. I personally like the changes.

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Its less that we can't spam it, its that we are punished for using it in an intelligent way. Making plays in loops and mindgames are extremely important in red ranks, you need them in order to down good survivors, and they've now penalized you for using his kit in that way. I do agree that he deserves some form of cooldown mechanic, but punishing you for just clicking your mouse to start the rev is a bit much, not to mention his add ons were severely gutted.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    Options

they gutted him hard, he is bottom B tier at best now. basically crap killer material, this wasnt needed unless you are a survivor main and dont care about killers at all, lack of emphaty, that stuff of i play both sides i read that everyday and most time is not the case.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I agree with you on the addons. They are terrible from what I've seen.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444
    Options

Yeah now he's gonna play more spirit

That or

Look my zombies I have used head on is tech I am so cool.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Oni can run into walls and bump into things. He takes less skill to play the Billy plus he has that charge up attack which most Onis use anyways if they miss. Billy only has the chainsaw. Did I mention Oni can also see blood orbs so stealthy plays are pretty much void?

• heilong79
    heilong79 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Great the Billy got Nerfed, it was so easy to down an entire team if you managed to get someone into the Basement, sure he was a good beginner killer but now he will be a bit more balanced, now hopefully the Devs do something about Leatherfaces infinite Chainsaw combo.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    edited July 2020
    Options

Guess what though? You’re on the forums. Here players can share their opinions all they want. Who are you to say what people can and cannot express concerning their own opinions here? No one, regardless of tenure and/or affiliation with this game has the right to deny another from voicing their opinion.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

You are complaining about complains, your argument is invalid.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I feel bad for Billy players on this one. Some of his add-ons are useless and he looks like he will bullied quite easily by smart survivors.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

I never said people can’t express their opinions idiot. I’m asking why people are complaining. That’s what’s called a question, since you seem to be a kindergartner.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

The people most affected by this nerf are not "mindlessly spamming their chainsaw" My biggest issue with the rework is it does not increase the skill cap. There was a big difference in play between really good billys and average billys. This cool down is forcing all billys to play like the average ones. It is taking a killer that people have put many hours in to be able to pull off some really awesome downs and making them play like the rank 10 who plays billy once a week.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

"can yall stop giving your opinion about what you think about the recent changes? PTB wasnt made for feedback"

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

cant believe im actually about to say this but git gud, its not that difficult to juke crack billy if you dont make that many mistakes he just turns into 50/50 mindgames pretty much

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

the only part of him that needed changing were his addons, the cooldown ######### is just dumb they just turned im into a c tier m1 killer so yayy more killers that have to wait 4 years to use their power...