Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devs please show us you care about our feedback!

I've been playing dbd since beta and I'll be honest. Not since Ghost Face's PTB and the flashlight save at any point in the pickup change that got reverted have I seen such a universally negative response from the entire community, both survivors and killers, on how bad the Hillbilly changes are. Which is so polarizing considering the perk changes and Leatherface changes are SO good. Its like Hillbilly and Leatherface switched places in tier lists honestly.

I'm just putting it out there. I'm 100% sure they're going to go through with the Overheat mechanic and the Add-on changes regardless of our feedback like they did with the nurse and ruin changes no offense. They've worked too hard in their eyes to throw away all those new assets.

HOWEVER, this can still be salvaged. it boils down to decreasing how quickly the Chainsaw overheats, and increasing how quickly the chainsaw cools down. The cooldown is WAY too long and the Chainsaw overheating as quickly as 9.5 seconds without add-ons is just downright sad, as it removes all of his mindgame potential at pallets. Basically leaving the only time you wanna use your chainsaw is out in the open when you got a survivor dead to rights. We want to aim for a charge rate where the chainsaw overheats around 15-20 seconds of revving. Increase the speed of the passive cooldown. Replace useless add-ons like Mother's helper with more add-ons that decrease charge time. Cause its sad that we only have one add-on to decrease charge time. I get what you're going for with lighborn inspired add-ons but you can do better.

I'd like to suggest we actually reward proper use of the chainsaw by resetting the overhead\t with a successful chainsaw down or removing a large chunk of the overheating when you successfully down someone with your chainsaw. Just spit balling here.

I don't think the devs are dumb, its a PTB for a reason. But I KNOW you can do better cause you have in the past. You made Ghostface great after he was horrible in his PTB. You made spirit great after hers, you made Oni better after his. The list goes add-on and on and on. You've shown you can come back from stuff like this so show me that you can. :3

This comes from a place of love for you guys and I hope you take this constructive criticism to heart from one of the few who's been with you since the start.

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

This ^ I hope devs see this

• TheDeprived
    TheDeprived Member Posts: 14

Well said mate. Hopefully they will listen.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited July 2020

To me it feels like 90% of the community is not happy about it. My entire friendlist does not agree with it.

Just today I versed a strong swf group on live build as billy and just barely got the 2k despite using pretty strong addons and only missing 1 curve chainsaw. Endgame chat they told me they are sad about the Billy nerf because he is well balanced and now it means more spirits which they hate to verse.

Oh well, if it isn't even enough after taking so much rampage idk what else will motivate the devs.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Ah yes, I don't remember anyone asking for map changes.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

BHVR a lot of the times feels like an abusive husband who buys flowers for their spouse the day after they beat them.

Edit: man with analogies like that no wonder BHVR ignores me in the forums.

• kingoftheirish1992
    kingoftheirish1992 Member Posts: 159

Feel bad for y'all on PC because you can speak for console players but more than likely it will fall on deaf ears. Keep up the good fight.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

I thought the hillbilly changes would be fair and they would slightly weaken him but man this is a drastic change that cripples him, I really hope they change their mind

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

They do care.

But the DBD-Community is most likely the most whiny community on the Internet. If they would to listen to everything and care for everything and do, we would have a huge mess of a game.

• m1_hero
    m1_hero Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2020

BHVR needs to not fall into a sunk cost fallacy policy, roll back the overheat changes go only with the addon changes and if they feel he is still too strong do it next chapter with revised numbers or in a couple of weeks to see how he performs with the addon changes alone. They change too much too fast causing whiplash.

They need to do like killers at a strong loop and realize when to cut their losses instead of powering through and doing more damage than good. A bad change is worse than doing a small change and perhaps a larger one down the line, they don't have to do everything in one shot.

But i will end with they won't listen they never do, so i won't hold my breath.

Edit: they also tend to be very heavy handed when it comes to killer changes and soft when it comes to survivor changes, which tells me there is a at least a subconscious bias, in my opinion.