Your favourite trapper builds

Options

Recently started playing a lot of trapper after using all these extra blood points to level him up, has anybody got any good trapper build ideas? Not just easier 4k ones but ones that are just plain fun to use and mess around with.

Been using the old reliable basement trapper atm. Iron grasp and agitation (to get to the basement obviously) monstrous shrine (because basement) and the 4th perk is usually pretty situational (if I see 3 flashlights in the lobby I'm going to stick on lightborn). Add ons usually one of the bags, love them to just be base kit BTW, and the purple darken traps.

Surprisingly in around 15 games I've only got one camper/tunneler message with this! But come on, if you set a trap off to rescue your buddy before I even get to the closest gen I'm definitely turning round and coming for you.

Comments

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

My go to with trapper is corrupt intervention, bbq, pop, and surge. Make sure you m1 people caught in traps and not just pick them up. It gives you more points and will proc surge. Not sure it's a fun build but it's effective.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Here are a few i enjoy running

Corrupt,Pop,DHope,BBQ (My Just mess around and have fun build)

Corrupt,Ruin,Infectious,STBFL (My Kinda Sweat Build)

Corrupt,Ruin,Bamboozle,STBFL (My Very Tryhard Build)

• pedroframil
    pedroframil Member Posts: 45
    Options

When I play seriously, i like to play with something like Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Surge and Surveillance.

But my favorite builds are a little memeish.

I really like to play "item-keeper trapper", for example. I take Franklin's, Save The Best For Last, Monitor and BBQ when survs bring a lot of items. Both iris and honing stone if you want a little more fun.

The play is to drop their items and put a trap over it. Make them pay to get the items back and kick the ######### outta greedy survs.

There's also the basement guardian trapper, who works specially well with the shack basement and some sharp traps.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

IMO the best possible Trapper build you can run is:

Purple Bag/Tar Bottle

-BBQ (Whispers or Deerstalker could replace this)

-StBfL

-Corrupt Intervention

-Infectious Fright

Trapper is all about the snowball. This build is built for that. Corrupt gives you time at the beginning to prepare your area, StBfL and Infectious Fright will help find people to chase when you've downed someone, and BBQ is mostly just for the points so if you really want to sweat use Whispers.

*The best thing about Whispers is that you'll know for sure whether or not you run the risk of having someone see you place a trap or not.

Otherwise, I'll sometimes swap Infectious for Agitation, Sloppy, Nurse's, etc.

If you want another decent snowball perk build, I've been running this one lately:

-Corrupt Intervention

-Infectious

-Hex: Retribution

-Haunted Grounds

Let me know if any of this works for you!

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290
    Options

What I'm seeing is that corrupt is definitely a good perk for trapper! Makes sense, I usually lose a gen setting up or two if things don't go to plan.

I like franklins and trapping the item, that just sounds nasty. Especially when the new franklins puts a time limit on picking it back up. And whispers to make sure traps stay secret, genius.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Theres a few.

F#$% Traps - Run both iri add ons and dont bother setting traps, just chase. So enduring, brutal, bbq and then either spirit fury or bamboozle whichever you prefer. You wont get a lot of traps but its still fun (if not necessarily viable).

Slugger - Knockout, deerstalker, bbq and brutal addons: bag + honing stone. This will no longer work when the next patch comes out sadly

Main Trapper - Bbq, CI, PGTW, 4th slot is situational but usually i run brutal. Though i might switch it out if need be. Add ons: bag + trap setters. Its a good all around build allowing you to switch tactics when necessary.

Stealthy - Bbq, pgtw, m&a, nurses (you can easily switch out nurses for CI or Lightborne) add ons: bag + tar

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I play basement Trapper for fun:

Agitation, Iron Grasp, Monstrous Shine, Corrupt.

For more serious gameplay my go-to is:

BBQ, Sloppy, Whispers, Corrupt.