This Or That: Fnaf Chapter or Alien Chapter (NOT MY ART)

Options
NateyBoi
NateyBoi Member Posts: 315
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Welcome back to this or that! Today’s version is requested chapters!

we have two chapters with us today and it is fnaf chapter and alien chapter.

so, what would you like to be added first and why, fnaf chapter or alien chapter?

Post edited by NateyBoi on

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Ohhhh how ambitious, it's ripley.

My vote is on FnaF just to be a prick 😂

Cool DLC-splasharts btw.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

can't really say i'd be super excited for either. i like fnaf but it would really depend on how the power is done and what the map looks like. and i love alien, but honestly i just CAN'T see a xenomorph in this game... those things slaughter people with automatic rifles and flames throwers, it would just be hilarious to watch it get beat by wooden boards and windows. so i guess i lean more towards fnaf but its not really something that would be an auto buy for me.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Jason

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options

Neither in my opinion.

• pedroframil
    pedroframil Member Posts: 45
    Options

definitely alien.

Awesome killer and surv, great potential for even an indoor map.

I really don't get why people complain that much about that possibility.

It's not like the game is really attached to reality...

• Szauek
    Szauek Member Posts: 24
    Options

FNaF and Springtrap. All I need

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

Alien, 100%.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Alien

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

Neither.

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308
    Options

Alien by a long shot

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Not a fan of alien or fnaf, but alien would be much more interesting. Fnaf is as cheap as horror can get, as all it has going for it is jumpscares and a bloated and flawed storyline. Alien would have a decent map, maybe a spaceship or something and I would like to see another non humanoid character.

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158
    Options

It's a "horror" game that focues on jumpsacres and watching cameras. Fnaf target audience is 6-12 so yea... Nothing interesting

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Neither of this.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Alien.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Do people enjoy spending money? How about another free chapter instead.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

ALIEN PLEASE

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Tony the Pimp from Demons.

• rabid_pygmy
    rabid_pygmy Member Posts: 61
    Options

TBH I could see them doing a xenomoprh DLC. The franchise hasn't been doing much in the video game industry lately.

The map would likely look amazing, and Ripley would fit right in with the rest of the survivors.

There's some cool concepts out there for the xeno, personally I think an ability that lets it climb walls and obstacles with the undetectable status would be awesome. Would make haddonfield scary for once, knowing it could come in through any window.

Probably impossible to implement in this buggy AF game though.

Knowing BHVR, I'm sure it will be something unexpected in the end.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I'm not too bothered about either, but if I had to choose between them, then definitely Alien. That creature is much scarier than any animatronic.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

Fnaf becasuse he's the man behind the slaugther

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351
    Options

Out of all the great horror franchises available, the only thing ppl can come up with besides Alien is a silly kids game... What's next? A Goosebumps chapter?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

That's an unfair comparison, Alien hands down.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    Options

i wanna vote both.

• pedroframil
    pedroframil Member Posts: 45
    Options

Just imagine a "Nostromo" map, with a random space pod opening instead of the hatch. And some jungle gyms with breakable lab stuff.

It would be an awesome chapter.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited July 2020
    Options

FNaF, I've had more attachment to it than Alien.

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159
    Options

Alien, its an iconic horror series of the ages... fnaf is well a little pc game that grew because of kids. alien adds another non humanoid while providing a bigger chance of different game play, better looking map and just an all round better fit for DBD. but i would say hicks instead of ripley, we always get females not to mention hicks has been in a game and is likely to be cheaper as well.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

daddy alien, ######### the toy robot

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

I'm not against a FNAF chapter, and maybe down the road, I'd like to see it. Give Scott some time to rebrand the series for a more mature audience (Help Wanted was a good first step, but it's not enough).

However, one of these is a game series spawned out of a last ditch effort by a failing indie game developer trying to follow his dreams.

The other is Alien. A series spawned by a movie that was so influential, it is preserved in the Library of Congress. These two literally don't compare.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Neither. But if I had to pick then Aliens.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

I would love getting both.

Springtrap for his backstory and appearance

Alien for his deadly grace and abilities

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
    Options

Alien

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

the leprechaun

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I really am not a fan of FNAF but that is the first piece of artwork I think would make it fit with dbd.

Also I'm a massive fan of Alien but it just doesn't feel like DBD again. Why would the alien be subservient to the entity? The idea is cool but it just doesn't mesh well I reckon.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited July 2020
    Options

I don't understand all of the interest in having a FNAF character in this game. He's a character only scary to children. Are there really that many under 20 years playing this game? Alien or Predator would be a nice addition.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Alien 1000%

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

NOTHING OF THIS.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2020
    Options

As much as I'd love to play as the a Xenomorph, I wonder what they could actually do?

When they introduced the Demogorgon, the pounce and teleport would of been the things I'd imagine the Xenomorph would do (with vents or even reuse the hatch asset). Maybe they could have been a trap based killer with facehuggers, again, I don't know how those could interact with survivors in a meaningful but not obnoxious way.

with the introduction of legendary skins, I wouldn't be surprised if one day we get a 15$ Demo skin that turns him into a Xenomorph

no new sounds, no new perks, no new mechanics, and twice the price .. unlucky :'(

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 123
    Options

I’d honestly like both, but I’d choose FNAF, for one reason only: Alien is a very venerated brand that would be devastated to be placed in a game as imbalanced and buggy as DBD. If the Devs get everything worked out and more closely balanced, then I’d change my mind.

Perks for the Springtrap (my ideas)

Security Cameras: The Closest 3 Generators have 1/2/3 of them revealed in a yellow aura to the Killer. Survivors who work on those generators have their aura revealed. (Thematic, can be good to attempt to preserve 3gen strat, but not game changing.)

Ventilation Shaft: 3 tunnels will be made between two lockers, allowing killers and Survivors to travel from one to the other. Survivors become injured if healthy when they use it, and the Killer gains Undetectable for 4/8/12 seconds. Traveling time is equivalent to Demogorgon. The Auras of the Lockers are revealed to the Killer. Survivors who enter the locker teleport without choice. (Grant mobility to non mobility killers, but at the cost of sometimes perks that are necessary to their build. It would make noise when anyone teleports, so there’s plenty of warning.)

Hello?: While working on a generator, Survivors will hear random sounds of distraction, and they don’t hear your Terror Radius till you’re 4/6/8 meters closer. (Could be very useful for early hits, but it warns survivors that this perk is in effect, which means that they’ll be looking if they’re smart.)

My perk ideas for The Alien:

Breeding Grounds: Convert all Totems to Eggs. Breaking eggs causes you to hear the Terror Radius as if the Killer is moving around you during and after for 20/25/30 seconds. Once all Eggs are broken, all Hex perks deactivate. Eggs are more visible and make more noise. (Allows for Hex perks to be extremely strong, but at an All or Nothing strategy that means they’re all destroyed together. Since they’re not totems, TOTH doesn’t slow down breaking them.)

Acidic Blood: Whenever you injure a Survivor with a Basic Attack, apply Acidic Wounds. Goes on Cooldown for 90/75/60 seconds. (Acidic Wounds causes the next Survivor who attempts to heal the one with the debuff applied to become injured. The debuff would then be applied to the healer. Being healed removes the debuff.) (Acidic Wounds would be to attempt to cause Survivors to be hesitant to heal each other saying the potential to become injured, which would be more detrimental than healing.)

Inhuman Resistance: While not in a cooldown state (meaning blade wiping/chainsaw lowering/Swing Miss ect.) cause the next pallet hit you take to not stun you. You will still be pushed to one side of the pallet. This goes on cooldown for 300/270/240 seconds, lowering the cooldown by 120 seconds whenever you Hook a Survivor. (Although extremely powerful to avoid a pallet stun, the massive cooldown means you have to get hooks to actually have this up more than once a match.)

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    Options

Ugh.

I can feel myself cringing as the start up camera pans around the FNAF map inside my head already.

Alien. I think alien would be very weird because time wise it's so far out of the way of the sort of vague modern to 90's set up DBD is typically set up in but right now we got an angry cowboy from the old days in the game so I guess time is no longer a real factor. With oni it's sort of suggested he's taken when he's already dead with the rope still on his neck and all.

But, yeah, Alien. I personally don't like the idea of alien, simply because a lot of aliens ability wouldn't translate well to DBD as one of its strongest abilities is it way of traversing the map. So unless they make it so alien can somehow climb on ceilings, walls and through vents/crawl spaces and include a MASSIVE enviroment update for both sides in such a chapter I wouldn't want to see it happen.

However...

ripely...

I mean. I wouldn't mind having ripely alone in the game. She's awesome.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I'm a little split. I've had much more experience with FNAF, but a Xeno could be so damn cool. I'll go with FNAF because of how cool I find springtrap.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Vents, adaptation, acid blood, tail, seeing based on sound, climbing on walls, facehuggers. The way I see it, if they could make billie and bubba different they could make a Xenomorph unique.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

If it's either one or the other it's a no-brainer to me:

Alien beats FNAF hands down. The potential and legitimate fear an Alien chapter would bring far surpasses the animatronics. Plus Ripley would be a far more popular survivor than whatever character FNAF brings.

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95
    Options

I see you're a well cultured person, I second this. 👍🏼

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95
    Options

Much rather have Alien over anything that can come from FNAF. I'd prefer Hellraiser or Candyman first.