Broken game: key abuse & Plague unable to pip.

Options
Canas
Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I just wasted 35 (!!) minutes on a colossal map (Dead Dawg Saloon) trying to find the last two survivors just for them to abuse the hatch in the end. You'd think the game would AT LEAST reward the killer a pip after such a long game, but no. Keys are considerably more broken than moris, at least a mori can't grant victory for more than one player.

This is also the third time in a row now that I was denied a pip on Plague, despite constantly outperforming survivors. There's clearly something terribly wrong with this killer and I still don't understand why the devs REFUSE to fix this pipping/scoring issue on her. It's been over a year since she came out and still zero progress in that regard.

Comments

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Ultimately because pipping only happens when the stars align,. Do too badly and you dont pip cause you did bad. Rofl stomp and you dont pip cause you did to well. Plague is low on the list of killers to fix because shes mid.low.tier (despite being my fav killer)

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

So where exactly is your demanded key abuse?

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Instaheals waste time but they don't give a free escape. I've lost so many more games to keys than instas.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

That's probly because you haven't played as many games when insta heals were a big thing. They were far more powerful than keys. Actually, if you're actually losing that many games to keys, that's probly your own fault. The vast majority of key escapes are going to be with 1 or 2 survivors and if you haven't set yourself up to pip by that point, it's likely going to be because of how you played it.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2020
    Options

I can assure you I was playing before the instas were nerfed, and keys have always been a bigger problem. I don't see them that often, but they definitely have had a bigger impact on my games than instaheals. They not only allow multiple survivors to escape (up to 3 if you're doing a 3-gen strategy), but they also basically negate the whole hatch closing mechanic.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,025
    Options

It can be abit rough on your chaser emblem if they dont cleanse, but pressure em enough and they'll come around to it.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah, uh, I have several questions to go against what you've said about Plague's pipping. Biggest one is "How many downs/hooks are you getting off BROKEN Survivors?" because at that point, you are only doing half the work. If you want to play largely the same way, then what I would suggest is vomiting on the once then bashing their heads in with the incense burner. If you lose them, then they remain Broken and now you've got an extra bit of Chaser and maybe Malicious.

As for keys, there is nothing that I can say to ever make killers respect them, same way as nobody will ever convince me that an Ebony Mori are perfectly fine.

• Gonourakuto
    Gonourakuto Member Posts: 109
    Options

tbh even insta heal isnt and wasnt as OP as mori , insta heal is just 1 health state , mori is a out of the game for good

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,025
    Options

I run nemesis+pwyf on her so you either deal with a super fast killer that can 1 shot ya with an M1, or you start cleansing.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

Idk why everyone is so obbsed with pippin g it makes the game boring

• catbeans
    catbeans Member Posts: 316
    Options

I disagree, I think both are fine, keys maybe even more powerful for survivors. It can be a nice get out of jail free card. As a killer by the time you check a gen or two, get into a chase, down the first survivor and hook them one to two gens are already done.

The killer is 1/12 complete on objectives while the survivors are 2/5 done. The mori speeds up the process for the killer for one match.

I don't believe either are op, but to say the key is not better is just disingenuous.

• Dehitay
    Options

Just do the math. Moris allow the killer to get a survivor out of the game with one less down. Insta heals allowed survivors to negate a down for a survivor. 4 survivor ultra rares allowed 4 downs to be negated, and 1 killer ultra rare allowed 4 less downs to be needed in a 4v1 game. It's mathematically clear that they used to be the counters to each other.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

If you lose multiple survivors because of a key...you were outplayed most of the match. There is no other way to look at it since gens need to be done before hatch even appears.

Ebony mori is a cheap way for a killer to get 4ks by one hooking everyone.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

If you use Plague's power a little less, you'll pip more.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    Options

If the game gives people anything unfair such as moris and keys, people will abuse them, it’s a fact

• Gonourakuto
    Options

no you do "math" killers mori allow them to ignore 2 potential hits on survivors on all survivors so 8 hits in total so still the double of what survivors can negate with only 4 hits negated if they all bring insta heals what is extremely unlikely and it also negate the time it take for the killer to carry the survivors to the hooks and hook them

• Dehitay
    Options

You've just proven you don't know what insta heals did even though you're acting as if you're an expert. The ultra rares that I specifically mentioned in that post instantly healed a survivor from downed to healthy. That's 2 health states per ultra rare. 8 health states for a full ultra rare insta heal squad.

Btw, you probly haven't realized it, but the mori animation isn't always shorter than hooking a survivor. The mori animations were made to be somewhat time consuming. Any time saved from not doing the final hook on a survivor is negligible in comparison to the time spent downing a survivor which is where the real advantage of moris and insta heals come from.

• Gonourakuto
    Options

only 1 insta heal addons can work perk medkit you can't heal from downed to healthy with 1 medkit even if it has both insta heals addons on it , what people did was picking them up normally then insta heal

morying someone is still way less time consuming because thats 2 hook travel and animation that you don't have to do

• Dehitay
    Options

Oh, wow, you're seriously doubling down on this and insisting that the old ultra rare insta heal didn't instantly heal a survivor from downed to healthy even though I explained that's wrong. I'm kind of curious what you think the very rare insta heal did in that case? Or did you just not even realize there was one?

• Gonourakuto
    Options

well ya know i never used insta heals as i only thought of them as half useless meme addons so i never cared to know the diff between the 2 and tbh okay the pink was very strong if what you say is true but the purple one wasnt as it was only 1 health state