Should (BBQ & Chilli be made as a hex?

Options
AnimeAnoxia
AnimeAnoxia Member Posts: 12
edited July 2020 in Polls

I want to know everyone’s honest answer since I myself ain’t bothered but few people I play with are because yes it is a good perk but to sum it is OP.

Should (BBQ & Chilli be made as a hex? 201 votes

Hex
7%
InnCognitoPanchyHannonChirpingCatZoophageDariusB92Rattiustylxr_jayGenJockey26MistiMarsdarwinsbrain[Deleted User]Noise76GetGoodToWinBrigYeetMSX_exe 16 votes
No Hex
92%
MandyRuneStarrSnakeSound222White_OwlMonsterInMyMindAdelooSeiko300ItzSoulzRattmanPandomkodiakyMrDardonUberSolusZagridGHERBEARRULESCheersJoelux1VolantConch1719MiriamGF60_31 185 votes

Comments

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    No Hex

No. It is fine as is.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options
    No Hex

It isn't OP at all. You can counter it by hiding in a locker for a few seconds or even crouching behind a gen at a certain angle.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    No Hex

It's fine where it is.

• DezzyTV
    DezzyTV Member Posts: 99
    Options
    No Hex

Oh god, please no. BBQ & CHILLI isn't OP. It's fine where it is.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    No Hex

No! That sounds awful

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hex

Its a "good" and "OP" perk for the survivors ranks 11-20. The perk is basically "wall hax" after every time a survivor is HOOKED.

When you play up there in the higher ranks (1-10). The perk is USELESS and a pathetic excuse for "MORE POINTS". The Killer has to be HOOKING survivors for it to work. If you don't have survivors being hooked it (BBQ) does NOT trigger. The perk contributes nothing to the chases in the match and points GENERATED from winning chases, downing survivors and landing hits. is never going to equal out between having it as a filler, and having another perk that makes a killer that much more powerful.

By the time a person reaches rank 8, 6, 4 and 1. You shouldn't be relying on "locator/radar" perks to find players. We already know where they are at. REPAIRING generators and RESCUING their team members. SWF (Survive With Friends) teams are going to play out in the open and not worry about crouching behind obstacles. They are going to try and find a flashlight as quickly as possible. Send one team member off to ABUSE the killer in chases, and try to keep the killer busy. While generators are being completed.

Since thana and RUIN are (ruined lol) it pretty much now relies on the killer to use perks to win chases. While if it is that bad and you can manage your chase time. A minor "information" perks such as Crows or maybe even Discordance. And even then. Those might not even HELP in the locating of players around an object such as a generator. But it is MUCh better than BBQ and Chili. Because lets face it.....

YOU HAVE TO HOOK THE SURVIVOR FIRST - BEFORE IT WORKS!!

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options
    No Hex

Absolutely not.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options
    No Hex

No, making it an hex would be terrible.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    Options
    No Hex

no.👍

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options
    No Hex

I literally cannot think of a single reason why anybody would decide to make BBQ and Chili a Hex.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    Options
    No Hex

If you don't like it, just stop working on a gen when the killer down someone and go search a locker, usually gens have one/two lockers next to them.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    No Hex
    1. the auras are 40m away, and only 4 seconds long. That really isn't much but a nudge in the right direction. However, good killers, can still find them by observing the environment and use the audio (when it isn't broken) to locate survivors.
    2. There are plenty of counters. They are there, but it is up to you to use them. If you get caught by BBQ, it is on you.
    3. If you are complaining about the hook requirement, you just need to down survivors better.

And, on top of that, why are you saying it should be a hex perk of all things?! You say it's weak, but are wanting it to be weaker...? What is the logic there?

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options
    No Hex

No.

There are many counters and perks that help fight against it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,634
    Options
    No Hex

BBQ should not be a Hex.

Even tho I start to think that the Perk is not healthy for the game. Sure, it SHOULD encourage the Killer to go for different Survivors, but in reality, this does not really work out. They can camp and tunnel, if they like, as long as they get the Stack somewhat later, it does not matter.

And well, usually, if one side plays scummy, they dont get much BPs. But since BBQ exists, a Killer can get a decent amount of BPs, even when playing completely lame due to how Killer BPs work and since they only have to hook for the stack.

But I know, nobody wants to hear that on this forum. :)

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    No Hex

What?

No. Just no. Leave BBQ alone!

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,200
    Options
    No Hex

no not Op at all.

• darwinsbrain
    darwinsbrain Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Hex

The ability itself is fine and reasonable counterplay, but why give the killer double blood points on top of it? Lets add double blood points to Decisive Strike and watch killer main lose their minds.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    Options
    No Hex

We already have perks to counter it. AND lockers. I don’t think a hex is necessary, it’s fine where it is.

• darwinsbrain
    Options
    Hex

The best perk in the game? A perk that give a survivor 1 extra hit in the match and can only be used under specific circumstances for 1 minute and requires survivors to hit a difficult skill check. Killer mains are so hung up on DS its crazy.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options
    No Hex

Not a killer main. And it isn't necessary just the 60 seconds that makes it strong, it's that one single person can bring it and the killer has to assume they all have it. That means slugging everyone if they get downed after being unhooked, intentionally losing pressure, not picking people up even if they don't have the perk, etc.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options
    No Hex

no its pretty balanced what u need to do to couter it if it is a problem hide in a locker like a dwight when they pick someone up until 5 seconds after they are hooked problem solved they cant see ur aura

• f1uffykins
    f1uffykins Member Posts: 77
    Options
    No Hex

Ok so you say the perk is useless and because of that you still vote to nerf it into a hex? I don't know about that one.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    Options
    No Hex

It already got nerfed by lockers, no thank you

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    No Hex

Hide in a locker or have Distortion. Boom. Countered.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options
    No Hex

Nope

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options
    No Hex

As it is now making it a Hex would undermine its value. To make it an Hex it would need other extras added to it to make it worth the risk of losing it.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options
    No Hex

Yeah but we have no value on hexes because they are always in such bad spots that arent worth using

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options
    No Hex

Thats an immediate no, because a lot of weaker killer like clown, leather face and others really rely on this perk and if it was a hex and destroyed at the start of the game, you were screwed basically. And sometimes they need that info, plus sometimes you don't see the survivors at all on smaller maps, secondly you get blood points for this, so I don't ever want to see it become a hex, when ruin got nerfed that was bad enough as is, don't take away another good killer perk, at least not this one.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    No Hex

I wouldn't mind BBQ getting a small nerf tbh, but making it a Hex would be WAY too much.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options
    No Hex

I only use it for the extra bp, once all my killers are prestige 3-50 and have all skills I will mostly never use it again. The only time I will is when a new killer is released to level them and during events for BP to stock my killers add ons up.

It is so easy to counter and you have to be quite a distance away so, unless it shows auras at any distance even 6 foot away and lasts more than 12 seconds, no it definitely should not be a hex.

• Vixley
    Vixley Member Posts: 54
    Options
    No Hex

I'm a survivor main and it isn't at all OP, just a good perk. I think we should balance it out by buffing WGLF though.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options
    No Hex

Maybe WGLF could double the speed boost you get from taking a protection hit or it increases the Killer's attack cooldown when you take a protection hit?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Hey theres a perk called were gonna live forever it encourages you to help your teammates which is a secondary objective and it gives you double blood points. So either youre new or have never played killer

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
    No Hex

What?

Absolutely none of this post is relevant to what you quoted.

• onemind
    Options
  • darwinsbrain
    Options
    Hex

Perks give the player a special ability. What ability does we're going to live forever give to a survivor? None. Comparing BBQ to WGTLF is a false comparison.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options
    No Hex

No hex, but remove the double BP. That's just unnecessary.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options
    No Hex

or you could give WGLF, BBQ's counterpart an equally "decent in every build, but not essential" effect

• onemind
    Options

It rewards the killer for getting a hook and discouraged camping if it was a hex not only would they have less of a reason to leave then they wouldnt have fun and were gonna live forever rewards surivors for helping their teammates and encourages you not to sit in a corner like your rank 20 cluadet because ypure stuck in rank 20

• darwinsbrain
    Options
    Hex

You are confusing the triggering mechanism for the point bonus with a special ability. Both perks give points for doing a normal action. BBQ hook =points. WGLF unhook=points. These are not special abilities. They are point bonuses given for normal killer and survivor actions in the game. But then BBQ also gives the killer a special ability, seeing survivors auras, which by itself would be a powerful perk. WGLF doesn't give survivors a special ability. It only gives a point bonus. Unhooking survivors is not a special ability. And that is why the two perks are not comparable.

• iwoDoge
    iwoDoge Member Posts: 20
    Options
    No Hex

This is a joke right?

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited July 2020
    Options
    No Hex

once you're no longer getting any extra points, go ahead and tunnel or camp the guy you think did it or that tbags the most.

• AnimeAnoxia
    AnimeAnoxia Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020
    Options

love the comments that have been given so far as I said I’m not fussed with the perk but it’s good to see what people think of the idea.

Post edited by AnimeAnoxia on
  • surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    Options

not sure what you mean by box but if the question is about something that is such as to limit the action of the barbecue I'm in too much in one skill. or you can divide the skill or transfer it to a totem