Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

IDEA : Meteorology Offering

Amacky
Amacky Member Posts: 94
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

INTRODUCTION :

Hello ! I do not know if this is the right topic to formulate this kind of ideas but I start here!

I think a lot of people have thought about it but it would be interesting to have offerings that would change the game weather with new effects, this would be the occasion with the graphic update coming! If that would replace the burnt offerings that don't change much today. I think it would add a different atmosphere to each map and it would allow you to vary the parts a bit. This could make the game a little scary at times.

OFFERINGS :

Raining - Just a rain effect, as for the various offerings, there could be a more or less high rain effect. I think that we should avoid these offerings being "accumulative" in order to avoid having too intense effects which would make the game less viable. On some maps, this offerings could vary and turn into snow.

I put an example in images 1 and 2 (I know, it's not the best quality but you can imagine in better version In-Game).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Storm - Storm effects could just add partial rain at times adding wind effects to foliage and clouds. It could be accompanied by lightning which would make the map much more contrasted at times. I put an example again with a flash flashing for a second the map. Once again, try to imagine this In-Game.

As for the first images, it could vary according to the maps, the map of the saloon could have small swirls of sand or rain of ash. The Stranger Things map (if the survivors manage to open the doors) could see a red sky like that of the series. (Sorry once again for the contrast, it's difficult to create this effect).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

CONCLUSION :

There could be an update for the haze also in these weather effects. I know this idea may seem difficult to create but I think it could have a big impact on the atmosphere of the game and boost the envy of some players with new and innovative content. This is just an idea, I know it can be very difficult for devellopers but I had this idea thinking back to Deathgarden and some maps containing effects of this type. Tell me what you think about it !

Comments

• Amacky

It's not something that could be added right away, the game improves every day a little more, graphically soon, by adding features, new objectives, new chapters, crossplay, the game is constantly evolving and if someday the game needs something new, i think it might be a pretty good idea

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
  • Amacky

Thank you, this can be cool too !

Thank you but it's not a very good photoshop montage, I did it quickly, we see the faults but happy you like it !

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

It would look really cool, but killers depend on sound made by survivors, and rain or thunder might be too loud. If they added an option to turn off weather sounds, it would be an awesome addition

• Amacky

Yeah, true for some map, but this can't work on every map, this is why rain and storm should vary depending on the map

Agree, the sound could be light but it could also be interesting to have distant sounds of thunderstorms at times. That could benefit the survivors but also the silent killers. Even the gameplay in general since the radius of terror would be a little more discreet.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

i don't want a offering who make my vision worst or the rain/storm sounds hide the gameplay sounds.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

It's good if you are a survivor main from an aesthetic level, but it totally kills the gameplay for killers.

• Amacky

This kind of detail is adjustable. Of course, the rain effects can make the survivors a little discreet, but it is also the idea of the offering, it would not hide them entirely, it would simply change the tones of the map and add some effects. I'm sure they can increase the brightness or that sort of thing.

I know that it can leave some players perplexed but without having tested, we cannot know what it could give. It must also be said that it would benefit some killer like the pig, myers, ghostface.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Its a cool idea. But im not sure it'd work out smoothly.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

heavy rain/storm - +horror, so, yes, it would be cool

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Understandable I wish I could experience moonlight offerings but they removed them and just left them as offerings in a kyf which is sad as hell because they should allow them but this weather is really cool and makes so much sense like rain blurs vision but it could make it harder to find gens and whatnot idk but this would amp up suspense

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I honestly don't see the problem with something like this being implemented. I know people have been bringing up that moonlight offering being removed, but here's my thought process:

I've always been under the impression that there's supposed to be more than one sort of playstyle. At least, I swear I've heard the devs say that before, specifically about some people wanting to have a sort of immersed playstyle. Now, have whatever opinion about the immersed playstyle that you want, but I like to think about the implications of having people allowed to play more stealthy. It would make tracking perks and killers more popular and shake things up a bit.

Plus we already have offerings that let people have advantages anyway. We have fog offerings to make fog more/less dense, we have the shroud offerings that affect survivor spawns, we have the infamous mori... I don't see the problem with having something like this that affects the weather or whatever. Not all survivors are going to blend very well with every setting. If there was for example, a snowy one, I don't think Claudettes would be very good at hiding should they be wearing a bunch of dark clothing.

Additionally, I like the idea of even having a "sunny day" one. Not every single one has to make the map stormy or whatever. A killer could even bring in an offering like that and try to get an advantage that way, and maybe we'd see killers bringing a different kind of offering in other than just bloodpoints and moris.

Something like this might not be reasonably possible as it might take a fair bit of work going back and doing things with each map, but somebody above mentioned that the game is constantly evolving and there's new things coming all the time, and I agree. I'm not saying it should be something that's added right away, but I would totally be interested in seeing this added to BHVR's to-do list.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'm pretty sure this idea was already thrown out when they disabled the lighting offerings.

• Amacky

Really good exemple, I agree with the "Sunny Offering" too who could also bypass the Rain Offering. That's exactly what I was thinking for the to-do list, it would be something that could be thought of and implemented much later and not necessarily in one or two future patch notes !

We already have some rain and snow in few map (I know, not a lot), but we don't have really big sound effect disturbing the player. It is also interesting for the killer, if the killer is discreet, the map can play to his advantage, according to some maps, a snowstorm can also affect the vision of the survivors to find generators or to know where the killer could arrive. 😄

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited July 2020

It would be a great idea, if they could make it so that only the person that put the offering in can see the visuals. Otherwise it would be unfair to killers sometimes.

• notyarbllewe
    notyarbllewe Member Posts: 213

I am not sure what others think, but I'd love for the devs to eventually add this! I am one of those odd people, in both games and real life. I love the rare the topic of weather (and have studied meteorology for a long time), along with the Legion being one of my favorite killers.

• Amacky

Like I said, it can be interesting for both sides, for silent killers for example, but they can also, like when it rains in real life, increase in return the footprints (scratchmark). Each offering benefits a side game in all cases, chance offerings, spawn offerings, hook offerings, map offerings. I don't think it would be a huge problem

Thank you ! I like that too !