Does spirit take alot of skill?

Yes or no and why?

Imo No. In one day of playing her i can already 4k against decent swfs, i also went from rank 6 to rank 1 just by playing her

Comments

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Spirit is for people that is not good at the game and want to be something. Once i was streaming and my friend told me to play spirit, and i managed to do 4ks with no perks and no addons. It just doesnt require any skill, and if someone says so, they re a spirit main lmao

• BixBash
    BixBash Member Posts: 14

Without Iron Will you’re pretty much food to a spirit. However with Iron Will you can run a spirit forever. I’m a spirit main btw so I run Iron Will all the time when I play survivor just for spirit.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

She does take some practice, but honestly she really isn't that hard to play. I used her last summer to get to red ranks as killer, it was a long process but wasn't really hard. I don't play her now though.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i played spirit before, and i found it a bit of a pain to try and play her... and then i got a decent pair of headphones and had that moment of "oh... oh this is what all the fuss is about". it still takes a bit of skill sure, but i wouldn't say a lot of you've got good headphones.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

She is relatively hard but not nurse of huntress levels of hard, especially if you have a good headset.

I personally find her fun to play against.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

A Headset makes a giant difference for killers in general. I know the few times I've played without my headset, survivors are ######### magicians. Poof, gone 😂.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

She doesn't take much skill to use her power to find an injured and grunting survivor, no.

However, she is much more than that as any killer is. If you're only good at the chase part but suck at the other gameplay elements you'll only do so well. Her skill comes in knowing how to juggle your husk, location, focus, and pressure. I won't say it's going to take a master or anything to do all of that, I find it usually pretty easy and not too hard myself.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Honestly, I played Spirit a few times in the past and, no. Zero skill. Unless standing still at a pallet to fake a phase and get a free hit requires skill. I just found her so incredibly boring. At least with other killers, I have to plan my moves but Spirit you just phase and they freak out.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2020

is not hard to master, but iron will kind of trick her, but there is a solution for that, Stridor. Also tehre are some addons like longer reappearing to get 2 or 3 extra mts wich makes spirit even easier to play as since you dxont need to be precise and appear with a hit you can easily adjust with those extra mts you have with those addons, so she has lots of training wheels addons is noit hard to get good as her, you need stridor and a good pair of headphones, eventually u will also learn the tiny little tricks survivors try against her wich will not work anymore i dont play her but i used to and wasnt very hard but i do have some preoblems with my right ear so i dont play her much anymore i just came back for the challenges on the previous rift and with pretty much 1 ear because i hear well with the other but i do not put an earpad there i just did kind of well at red ranks.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632

i 4k'd with legion with no add ons and 1 perk and it was my first game with him in red ranks but that doesn't mean he's good it was against bad survivors. On topic though all killer take some skill but this game is very random to the point were skill is kinda a second factor to spawns and if the survivors are playing average builds or meta builds same goes for killers.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

There is a vast difference between a rank 15 spirit and a rank 1 spirit.

Is it easier to be a rank 1 spirit than a rank 1 trapper, probably.

But I am of the opinion that you should have a nice Corvette to take out when you are tired of chugging your way down the highway in an old dodge.

She is powerful and so is a coordinated 4 man swf.

Is it harder to be a solo survivor than a swf, probably.

But if you can play either role, and play it well, you will have more success in the more powerful role.

• xEzekanarioX

Yeah i get you. Legion is underrated. I also forgot to mention i played in "red ranks", if that works as an argument, because this is a casual game and ranks doesnt matter.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Spirit takes absolutely no skill. This is coming from a killer main, since I know how people are on this forums if you don't establish that before hand. All you need is basic killer knowledge. Her power doesn't have any set skill to it other than learning how to track, which is something ALL killers need to do. Not a Spirit specific thing. Her power is just a free down, and if you lose as Spirit it's because you played wrong. She has a mobility and chase tool all in one. And in chase survivors can't even play against you correctly because there is no way to do it. Hoping a killer misses or makes a mistake is not counter-play. Counter-play is reacting to their next move and playing around their power. You don't get to do any of that with Spirit. Spirit is like training wheels. You can't get hurt by using them, but you'll have to grow out of it eventually.

• xEzekanarioX

You got looped being spirit? Man its not even bait at this point

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

She is hard to play so yes. Of you are talking about potatoes then no she isn't hard but what killer is then?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933
    edited July 2020

I recently got myself an expensive headset and it's sooo much easier to play Spirit. I'm new to playing her and I can get a 3-4K a lot of the time. It does take some practice to get great, but I really don't think it takes as much skill as some people claim. Just my thoughts.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited July 2020

Or maybe you’re just bad at survivor and don’t have game knowledge on how to play against certain killers. You can’t play against every killer the same way. I wasn’t technically “looped” but they weren’t bad suvivors. It’s not like playing Spirit always equals a 4K especially against experienced players.

I got OG Badham and they wasted my time because they knew how to survive for just long enough to get all the gens done since they all split gen progress and I couldn’t pressure everything since I run no slowdown perks on Spirit. I still killed two survivors but that’s a loss to me :/

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

the only “skill” she takes is basic game sense and tracking

other than that, then no

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

No. Only reaction time. Although she is slower by base speed, her phase overcompensates. It's mindless on her end, and a frantic guessing game for survivors.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

You do need to be good at predicting but for the most part a pair of headphones will do.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Right now yes sound are bug i have some game were no one is playing iron will and i cant ear the survivor

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes. And also no.

Spirit is complicated. If the killer has a good soundcard, headset, and runs Stridor, they can literally hear the survivors breathing even when healthy and can accurately pinpoint their location to within the distance of a mid-sized lunge. This basically takes away counterplay, because her counterplay is mindgaming and you can't mindgame someone that can hear your precise location.

However, if you take one those away, Spirit becomes significantly harder (but still strong). I have long since given up on sounds in DBD, and I dislike using Stridor for a myriad of reasons. So I have to play her entirely via getting in a survivors head, seeing how they juke me, and reacting to that in my next phasewalk. It is hard. Very, very hard. And when I make a mistake, it's both a good play by the survivor and my fault for falling for it. It's like comparing pre-nerf and post-nerf Nurse: the power is still there, it's just harder to play her. Though I would like her changed so that both the survivors and Spirit get glimpses of one another during her phasewalk.

With both of those being said, I also go against a lot of people that see a Spirit and give up entirely, just assuming that the game is unwinnable and being complete dickheads in the post-game. They are what makes it super easy to rank up as her even without soundsnipy-Spirit. It's stupid and I hate it and it's honestly why I don't play her that much. I despise people throwing matches just because they assume an outcome, and I despise it when they refuse to learn Spirit counterplay and just call her drastically OP because they basically threw themselves on hooks. Guess what, I want her changed too, but you can make Clown look OP by giving up.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020

"Mind Game"

Pretty one sided mind game if you ask me

• xEzekanarioX

Then all the community are bad survivors. We are all boosted, damn! Since we are all bad, we should consider to go back to minecraft skywars! We were good here!

• MegMain98
    edited July 2020

I didn’t know ALL of the community universally hated Spirit and can’t survive a chase for more than 20 seconds. Darn. I guess my entire SWF group is bad even though we can consistently beat Spirit. That’s a shame.

LOVE the sarcasm by the way. You’re messing with the king of sarcasm honey 😘

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

My audio sucks so i cant hear survivors that well. So for me it takes skill to play because I have to rely on Scratch marks..

I dont run stridor btw.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

I play her when I want to chill out my brain and if I am bored of Survivor.

She requires a bit of skill when learning but she is extremely easy if mastered. She is easily the best Killer, she has the second best ability after Nurse but missing with her gets less punished than Nurse, so she is the best Killer.

Miss a swing with Nurse = Miss Attack Cooldown into fatigue into slower movement speed than a Survivor into a 3 second Blink Cooldownn

Miss a swing with Spirit = Miss Attack Cooldown, then chase Survivor with 110 % movement speed while the Survivor is out of position. Only safe is not being out of position.

She is basically better than Nurse because she requires less skill and gets less punishement for missplays while also being extremely powerful.

• xEzekanarioX

I think you re new to the game, or you farmed your posts so it would look like you know about the forums. Or maybe this is a bait, excuse me.

• MegMain98

I’ve been on the forums for over two years. I know what I’m talking about. I just have a different opinion than you and you can’t seem to grasp the fact that I think differently.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I can vouch and say that @MegMain98 has been here a while. I’ve also played with them a plethora of times. He knows what he’s talking about...

Also, how do you “farm posts” ? Asking seriously.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

She must take some. I’ve said it before but low rank Spirits normally do really badly, often relying on proxy camp, tunnel and NOED to score kills.

Now compare that to Billy or New Doc who seem to pretty much win every game against inexperienced to average survivors.

She definitely requires more skill and game knowledge than some other killers.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

You opened a can of worms here..realistically spirit is only as difficult as the survs she vs...if they're bad shes easy..if not shes hard..because that's how she works

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Billy & Bubba: Have post-chainsaw cool down & are punished for hitting objects with longer CD.

Huntress: Slowdown when winding up & throwing. Has to reload hatchets from lockers

Deathslinger: Has movement penalty after missing a shot & when reloading.

Nurse: Has post-blink fatigue & a longer fatigue when missing.

Every killer has a slight downside to their power. Spirit has no downside. She has a generous lunge post phase & even if she misses the survivor will likely be out of position anyway so Spirit can finish them off with 110% speed.

Post-phase fatigue would easily make Spirit balanced.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

I used to main Spirit but she was so easy and unskillful I stopped. It's just not fun at all.