After years Never played against this killer

Options
Narancia
Narancia Member Posts: 25

I’ve been playing this game for about 2years and I have to say this I’ve only played against plague once I’ve forgotten she was a killer and the only time I’ve fought her was when I just got the game

why do people not play her

Atleast when I played she was good bc I was trash but even now if u don’t heal against her she still seems pretty strong

people say clown is trash but I disagree maybe it’s bc I soloq idk

buts it’s so sad to see people don’t play this decent killer

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I think there's just a lot of choices now. To be honest vomiting is kinda gross, even if it's video game vomit. "Oh boy I can't wait to go home and puke on people!" Just isn't something everyone does. I do play her sometimes though when the mood strikes. She's fun.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited July 2020
    Options

Her low velocity vomit and the large amount of pacing control survivors have against her makes her moderately unfun/frustrating to play imo that's probably why you see her rarely. Always feel like survivors have too much control of my power and the whole super slow vomit makes even corrupt purge unsatisfying. Nothing like someone dropping a pallet and turning a corner to safety despite charging in advance to catch them in animation because slow motion vomit. Her vomit also loves to fizzle when trying quick shots.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

I don't play her because I think she's extremely gross lmao

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Shes too weak she rely on the survivor if she want to use het power. I will say her ultra rare addon is great but overall she suck hard

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I honestly found her more fun before they buffed her with a default fountain. I used to be great at capitalising on survivors staying sick, use thana to its full power, and get some really easy downs. And every so often people would cleanse and the game goes into havoc as they all panic.

Now cleansing is just taken for granted. I can't keep people injured because they're always using their free instaheals. Corrupt Purge is nice but I don't actually find it as fun to use as just chasing sick people, watching it spread and break them, giving me information as they cough and splutter.

Not to mention if like 5 people cleanse I lose 6 uses of corrupt.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

Part of the problem with Plague is that her power takes away the ability for survivors to heal each other so she naturally just gets gen rushed because survivors have nothing else to do besides gens. She's not bad by any means, but you really have to snowball otherwise the game is over before you can really do much.

• Narancia
    Options

Oh so people don’t play her bc she’s “not the best” but I always see legions (legions actually my main I like them bc their fun) so ig

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

I play her regularly, I think most people don't because it's impossible to pip with her.

• Narancia
    Options

Why wud I lie about something so dumb 😂 the fact u took 0.3 seconds to write this says enough about u

• Narancia
    Options

By the way I play console and no one plays her on console even on group posts and KyF

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Yeah I play on console as well. And right after you posted this I faced a plague. She’s not the most played killer but I’ve faced her quite a bit

• Narancia
    Options

Well It’s been a longgghh time sense I’ve played her

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Legion can book it when needed. His fast paced playstyle is more enjoyable than Plague. Plus, her power is mostly in the hands of survivors. Survivors don't cleanse, she only gets one shot. Most of the time, she's just a M1 killer, which again, is a point against her.

I love her, though.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

I go against her fairly often. Not as often as others but I see her here and there.

The vomiting disturbs me several layers down, I don't think I could ever play as her, it's just gross.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2020
    Options

i do play her sometimes i enjoy playiong her she is a solid mid tier killer, is viable if you are not going against a sweaty 4 man, also fun and actually after ther buff she doesnt rely on survivor to get her power anymore, i also would bring an apple by default to have 2 pools, if they dont want to heal thats fine by me. however nowadays the meta is to cleanse so, is what it is survivors know that plague will anyway get her power whenever she wants.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

: , (

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

She can be difficult to master. I love playing as her except on indoor maps. There's always a corner for someone to turn around to avoid your vomit. With the performance issues on console and with dedicated servers not always being optimal it can sometimes be frustrating to play as her.

I also think she has a super cool design aesthetically, but as said above lots of people are disgusted by vomiting.

Anyway I still see her from time to time on PS4 but there are far easier strong killers to play as so it doesn't surprise me that you don't see her a lot.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

She's just not that fun honestly and I've played her quite a bit recently. I remember one game where I got called a toxic Killer for playing her. Of ALL Killers like Freddy, Spirit, Doc, etc. Plague is the one who is toxic because of her power lol.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I enjoy playing as her, but I have to entirely be in the mindset that I'm not going to get a lot of BP or even pip as her. Even at low ranks, it's just so difficult to get enough done to pip, and if people are constantly cleansing, it's even harder. I get really excited whenever I go against her because it's rare, and I just love that different playstyle to work around!

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I don't like playing against The Plague. She too easily can find and down people when she has corrupt, and I can't use my stealth skills when I'm coughing and retching just from a very short exposure to her vomit.

imo, sickness should work like Enter The Gungeon's poison meter. It goes up when someone's interacting or being puked on, and it goes down when the survivor is taking time away from gens to tend to him/herself. Just like Madness used to do and how Madness should function.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

I need a covid cosmetic for her plz.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

People who say they are disgusted by plague are weird. I have emetophobia in real life and I don't have any problems playing as or against plague ;/ I think people don't use her as much because new players make the mistake of not taking advantage of corrupt fountains and then thinking she's weak

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    edited July 2020
    Options

Can only speak for myself, but I find her boring to play as. She has great creativity in her design, is visually stunning (I think one of the best Prestige-Skins in the game) and not weak at all.

However, getting the Corrupt Purge only works if the Survivors cleanse. Not cleansing is mostly better, so at some point in the game, everyone is broken and nobody cleanses, meaning you are a M1-Killer with a Oneshot - which again, is not bad at all, but kinda boring to not have a Power.

(IMO there should be an incentive for the Survivor to cleanse to grant the Plague her Power while also tone down the power of Corrupt Purge so that a Team does not die basically instantly when she gets Corrupt Purge (that Survivors choose to run around as loud Oneshots shows how strong it is))

Also, her BP-Gain is a bit lower than for other Killers because of the Deviousness Category and less BPs in Brutality because everyone is Oneshot AND her Emblems get hurt by that.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

she is pretty weak unless you use one of two builds which is extreme anti gen or chase focused, both of which have to work whether the survivors choose to cleanse or not. she is also kind of addon reliant which makes a lot of players stop playing her when they run out of good addons.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Personally, I do like her theme but she feels like ass on dedicated servers. I hate puking right on somebody, seeing them wave their arms around and hearing them yell out, and still not having them be infected. She ends up feeling almost like a regular M1 killer. Maybe I'm just using her wrong though.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

I enjoyed her way more as people followed the anti-cleanse strat against her too. Now as people realised how powerful cleansing is she feels weak for me.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

IN a game where clowns chop off fingers, you get impaled by being put on a hook three times per match, your screen gets exploded with blood in deepwound and numerous things,... but yet,... "vomit is gross."

I have over 200 cakes on her, about to grind em for BP.

Post edited by DrDeepwound on
  • Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

I know what a green hat means, but I am also perplexed by this blue hat...

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Your first statement is confusing.

You say you've been playing the game for about 2 years, which goes back to 2018, when Plague wasn't even an existing character. But then you say you only went against her when you got the game, and you previously said you got the game 2 years ago.

Your story doesn't make sense.