Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hate towards killers

I honestly feel bad for how much flack killers get. Have you ever sent a kind message to a killer, even if they killed you? They’re often genuinely shocked to hear kind words lmao. Even as a survivor main, I gotta admit survivors can be real #########.

What about you guys? Any similar experiences or even disagreements? I’ve had a few salty killers message me too (playing on console), but it’s quite rare.

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Meh, I just move on. Whether I lost or won. Both for killer and survivor.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I've had so many people message me telling me I need to l2p because I got a flashlight save on them or looped them on one tile for like 4 gens. At the same time I've been told to l2p because I was "camping" (literally saw three other people) or "tunneling" (sure then mate why didn't I ever get hit with ds?). It goes both ways but I'm genuinely surprised and it makes my day when someone comments on my steam profile like "+rep nice player" or something even better. The hours of pain is worth it for the one guy who appreciates me trying not to tunnel him and goes into steam to tell me he had fun.

• Goliath
    Goliath Member Posts: 28

Just play a cake and I don’t t care. Kill me and I get 3000 or 20,000 BP. I don’t give a rip. It comes down to are you a fun Killer or not. Hook me first and M1 me the entire time until I die or hook me the off you go to find the next target...it’s you choice as a Killer.

Get your 4K and if no survivors depipped along the way then it was probably fun for all. Be an ass and 2K camping the whole time and that’s on you.

As a Killer, you are the conductor of your orchestra. Fun or not. It’s up to you.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I remember I messaged a Huntress that 5 gen slugged me and everyone else and told the killer they had pretty good accuracy as they landed some pretty quick ranged shots back to back like John Wick. The killer thanked me and we moved on.

I respect good players on both sides and I accept and realize when I messed up.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

LOL oh no. This broken matchmaking is so horrible for the new players. I’m a red rank survivor too & I’ve bullied my fair share of new killers. Always makes me feel bad when they get absolutely wrecked 😂

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I've turned off my chat. If I win, I get cussed out. If I lose, it's much the same. I turn it back on sometimes though, like tonight I could have gotten a 4k but the two survivors left were so cute. They risked their lives to boop me. I'm weak for it. Now, if it's the start of the game, and you try to boop me, ur gonna get bit. Occasionally at end game though I feel nice, lol.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

This piggy has to be tamed over time haha that's kinda sweet. I rarely see any pigs that allow me to boop the snoot AT ALL no matter the circumstances. That's so selfish! That snoot belongs to all of us! >:(

• cheetocultleader

That's a good way to put it! Lol. "Tamed over time." I've had quite a few nice piggys. Perhaps the meaner ones have a stuffy snoot. 😅

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

I get nice messages every now and then from survivors I've killed.

Heres an old one

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I had a survivor telling me off for “camping” yesterday but another survivor came to my defence (since I didn’t camp, lol). It’s always fun when that happens.

I dunno, I seem to run into mostly nice survivors lately. Some salt here and there but more ggs than insults.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

######### this matchmaking system. Whenever I see a suspected lower rank, I give them the kill to make them feel better. Please fix matchmaking BHVR. Reading this genuinely saddened me. I feel so bad for the plague 😢

• cheetocultleader

This made me think of a match I had a few days ago. It was a Deathslinger with Rancor, and he chased me 95% of the game. EGC had started, and he'd hooked someone. I broke his NOED and he came back my way, so I said fk it and let him kill me so the other two could escape & he'd get his kill. He worked so hard for it. End game chat was super nice as well, and it was a fun match all in all. He was a rank 8 I think, and I hang around rank 2. My team was a rainbow.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Respect, you're a good sport. You should never feel obligated to give the killer a kill, but I do it sometimes anyway, to make newer players feel better, and I don't loop god windows or pallets against them.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Always makes me sad seeing a Plague have an unlucky match :( Idk why, I don't feel that way with any other killer except Pig.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

One time a survivor said to my Trapper "10/10 traps".

Thats the only time this year they gave to me a good comment.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Every killer that messages me wants to farm.

Every survivor that messages me tells me to commit self death and that they had relations with my mother. They're also the chosen one and the sun while I'm some npc pothole in their path to greatness.

Well maybe you shouldn't have tried the window tech when I had bamboozle.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I got abused today for tunneling someone as Oni, because literally every time I chased someone else, I'd try to mindgame around a jungle gym with his charge and EVERY TIME this Nancy just came out of nowhere doing full deer in headlights.

Apparently I'm a terrible person for just whacking her on the hook instead of slugging her and letting everyone skip out the exit gates together.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I once got a 4k as Huntress, I didn't camp or tunnel and I went straight away from the hook as soon as I hooked someone (and collected more hatchets).

In the post-game chat, we all said gg and they thanked me for not being toxic by camping or tunnelling and told me I was a good Huntress c: so there are good survivors out there, you just see the negative ones more.

• Tamashii4310
    Tamashii4310 Member Posts: 8

This might be an odd analogy, but sometimes this makes me think of customer service. If you've ever worked in customer service, it is easy to remember the rude customers who treat you like trash instead of the nice ones who just want help and then wish you a good day. And one day you wake up and think every customer is a potential Karen and will come for you to make your life miserable.

As for the survivors in DbD, you will run into actual people too, and some of them happen to be bad-mannered and entitled, but not all of them. It's just easier to remember the ill-tempered and the ones that wish you terminal diseases and worse.

When I play survivor I try to reason and sometimes I just chat with the killer. Usually the best way is to ignore the mean comments. Just treat them as blank space. People on the internet do what they want. It is our choice how to perceive it.