The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When you lose a match

Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

What do you do/say?

The poll is anonymous so you can just be honest with yourself but feel free to let everyone know what you picked and why.

When you lose a match 145 votes

Directly insult the other side
0% 1 vote
Make passive aggressive statements
4% 6 votes
Say GG and move on
31% 45 votes
Say nothing and move on
44% 64 votes
Give props to the side that beat you
7% 11 votes
Hop onto the forums to complain about the other side being too op
1% 2 votes
Something else
11% 16 votes

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Give props to the side that beat you

This is conditional and depends if I had a very fun game (as I'm a console player).

If I had a fun game I'll message them saying "GG deserved 4k." or something along those lines.

If I lose and had a very unfun game? Meh. I move on.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

If i get killed by a good killer or I go against some really good loopers I usually give them props if I'm in the mood but otherwise I'll just move onto the next match.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

First insult the other side and their mother.

Then open a Thread on the Forums to complain.

Nah, for real, I either say "gg" or nothing most of the time. If I feel that the other side played in quite a scummy way I say something like "teabagging isnt necessary" or "playing Freddy and using an Ebony?"... But those are rare occasions, most likely it is a "gg" or "ggwp" or I simply go into the next game.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I exit the match because I'm on PS4 and end game chat doesn't exist

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Depends on the nature of the loss.

If I lost, but it wasn't a bad game, I'll say gg and move on. If the other side was particularly nice about it, I'll give them props as well.

If I lost and it wasn't enjoyable in the least, I don't call that a good game so I won't say so, I'll just move on without saying anything.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I jut say GG, or if the survivors are nice and want too talk then I'll stay and chat, but mostly i just say GG.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I had to go "something else" because it is totally dependent on the game. If the game was well played it is GG all the way and maybe some chat about stuff that was impressive. If it was a sweaty, face camper, everyone de-pipped and got under 10k, it will be some other choice words for that bro. Definitely not GG. If it was just meh I just say nothing and scoot on to the next match.

• PaisleyPark
    PaisleyPark Member Posts: 12

Yeah, for me it's dependent on how the game went.

Not going to throw out GGs all willy-nilly.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Depends on how they play.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

In more than half my cases: say nothing and move on. They know they've won and I don't feel like hanging around after the fact. That being said, if someone played extremely well and weren't/aren't being toxic about it, I'm more than happy to tell them they impressed me.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

I don't say anything and just leave the match. It's pointless. Just turn off the chat entirely.

Sportsmanship is almost non-existent in DBD. People always play or act in a very toxic way.

Games are almost always way too 1-sided to even remotely be considered a "good game". Yeah, good for you?

• Goliath
    Goliath Member Posts: 28

Just GG. Doesn't do any good to start throwing profanities and virtual T-Bags at each other. Do better in the next one.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526

I say GG and start a friendly conversation with the killer/survivors

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

If it was a good game, I say gg.

If it wasn't, I simply move on.

• Eredin_Bréacc_Glas
    Eredin_Bréacc_Glas Member Posts: 24

Depends on why I lose when I truly get outplayed then yeah I say gg and maybe even give props but I'm insulting my opponent when they're a genrushing SWF or a stridor spirit with op Addons these games aren't they aren't fun and don't require skill so I'm not gonna say gg

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

say nothing and move on

I would do GG but i'm on PS4 so it's not worth the effort

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

What can say? I move on

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited July 2020

^

☢️

Edit: whoops, picked go onto the forum and complain

• AnimeAnoxia
    AnimeAnoxia Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2020

i voted (gg and move on) since there really isn’t any need to get mad about loosing. The only time I msg the other side is when there purposely pro longing the game you break any of the rules and this is mostly towards the killer. I play Xbox so the most we get is toxic behaviour from a lot of killers (Xbox id: AnimeAnoxia). I have no problem with prolonged games as long as both survivor and killer work together and blood pony farm especially when someone/ everyone has bought in bloody party streamers, ghastly gateau Or and of the other offering that give all players bonus blood points that way everyone gets to have the bonus blood points.

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207

I massivly dislike, sluggers, forever freddy (even freddy in general), spirit, etc.

Many times i dc because, I get a stupid killer which just wants to slow down the game making the gameplay for the survivors just so unfun, Some times i just go against a good billy and nurse and I enjoy the outplay, giving ggs to the other side and moving on. Now, going against a ######### forever freddy is just unfun and not enjoyable.

Spirit is fun, but it's annoying because you just can't predict that much where she is, and that's kinda of annoying, many of them bring Stridor that makes you get doomed even tho you have Iron Will. Stridor should be nerfed Because that is very very unfun to go against, because if she has ears you are getting downed, even tho you played WELL.

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55

If I lost that match just because I have teammates that play like a potato I make a passive aggressive comment in chat(assuming the match ended in under 2 minutes after I die 'cause I'm not sticking around forever just to comment)

If I died because the killer was just better or I played bad I say nothing and move on

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

"Directly insult the other side - 0%"

I detect bullshit

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

I usually don't say anything and move on cause on console it's just really tedious clicking on each profile and sending messages individually. Other than that if someone was really good I don't have an issue giving props.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I'm on PS4 and have non-friend messages off.

Even so, I have no desire to talk to anyone online.

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71

usually i say "gg wp" and then i'll like just watch the endgame chat or say "rip" if my team got slaughtered

If the killer was an ######### and tunneled me the whole game though or I am exceedingly frustrated for some reason (like that time I tried 20+ times to get ace's crown, and went up against an iri head huntress during that) I will start complaining :P

Or if I'm really happy with how it turned out, like how I basically started to worship the killer that let me live that game where i FINALLY got ace's crown.

• _blzbb
    _blzbb Member Posts: 4

tbh it depends on the situation.

If I loose playing a survivor to a camping and tunneling killer I mostly don't say anything or write something passive-agressive.

Although when loosing as a killer it depends on if survivor was just good (then I'll give them props) or if they had to teabag me and be toxic (then I'll write something passive-agressive or just leave)

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498

mostly gg buy a lot of time say nice killer or well played

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

depends, if they're good sports I commend em, say gg and move on.

if they're asses, turn messages to friends only and move on.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

I give props if I felt impressed by the other sides abilitys. others i usually say gg and sometimes just move on without saying anything.