If you could delete 1 survivor perk, and 1 killer perk..

Options
Andevrr
Andevrr Member Posts: 32

For me it would be Adrenaline & Noed.

I dont see how these 2 perks were 'needed' in this game.

Comments

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286
    Options

DS and NOED

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

We're Gonna Farm Forever and Pop goes the Weasel.

We're gonna farm forever makes survivors play in a stupid manner to get extra BP

Pop makes killers think they are better than they are.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

^

It used to be Adrenaline but idk what happened, a meta shift or gameplay shift but I don't see too many squads running 4 Adrenaline as much anymore.

• Andevrr
    Options

As much as i hate object as killer. I like the concept of one person having it, its kinda rewards comm swfs, creates strategy. In return he gets tunneled so its ok. But if there are more than one Objects..yes game is now broken.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

Object and Fire Up.

Fire Up is op bro.

• coppersly
    Options

In a SWF there's no real point in running more than 1 OoO unless as a group you're afraid he might get tunneled too quickly.

And why should a perk such as this, one that reveals the killer, be ok for solos but makes the already stronger SWF even stronger?

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Object of Obsession and NOED

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Insidious, and no mither.

Insidious promotes camping, and no mither is mostly used by people who cant handle it, leaving their fellow survivors in the dirt.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Urban Evasion and NOED, just to stop the NOED posts on here. NOEDs actually fine.

• Andevrr
    Options

for insidious, a camper will always camp. taking it away will not stop them, but it will lessen the pool slightly.

for no mither, with great power, comes great responsibility.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

OoO and NOED

• Andevrr
    Options

in that case, maybe a re-work for OoO would be a better fix. possibly a long cooldown on use, or maybe making it a ultra rare addon? idk lol

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Bond - in my experience survivors use it to screw their teammates over.

Mindbreaker - I just don't see the point of it. 🤷‍♀️

• Mhew
    Mhew Member Posts: 38
    Options

barbecue and chilli and DS.

• Andevrr
    Options

Ouch, im seeing a lot of Decisive Strikes.

I'm very interested on why, TBH as a survivor i need it.

I hate getting 'farmed; by my teamate with no Borrowed Time, only to get put right back on the same hook. when i play solo.

DS helps me enjoy the game solo with an extra 60 seconds of LIFE.

Thoughts?

• coppersly
    Options

I think almost everyone agrees as an anti-tunnel perk it's fine, but it's so easily abused x4 in a SWF group that you're not even trying to tunnel.

I think what they did with the new obsession perk would be a start; if you're not the obsession you don't get any benefits from the obsession perk. Really don't like that there's no inherent risk to being the obsession and others who aren't the obsession can benefit from perks as if they were the obsession.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Survivor Perk: Dead Hard. I don't think its healthy for the game.

Killer Perk: Iron Grasp. Makes Boil Over and Flip Flop totally 100% useless.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

ds noed

• coppersly
    Options

I agree Dead Hard is unhealthy for the game, or at least in an unlimited version.

I disagree with Iron Grasp though. There should be some killer perks that negate some survivor perks. After all, it's their 4 perks vs 16 survivor perks. It'd be busted if survivor perks always override killer perks and nullify the already small amount they can bring in.

• Andevrr
    Options

Dead hard is kinda fun tho. its like the killer equivalent of a m1 lunge.

seems fair to me make distance to the pallet, or window. nothing wrong with that.

the problem lies with the invincibility frames. like sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. tbh id rather it be just the dash alone. no i-frames.

iron grasp, tbh, its rare that i see any of those 3 perks. which is kinda sad actually now that i think about it, how perks nowadays are saturated with mostly meta perks

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

There should be, but it's not like Flip-Flop and Boil Over are game-changing perks. They're weak perks that are countered, to make even weaker. It'd be like if there were a perk that countered... Red Herring and Diversion called No Distractions. Two pretty useless perks that are more fun to run than actually beneficial.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348
    Options

I would be okay with it if wasn't miss-used all the time. It should be changed to deactivate when the killer hooks another person or if you do anything to further the ending of the game such as healing yourself, teammates, or working on totems or generators.

Object is obsession is straight up broken and should do something entirely different. Most people don't realize this until they've gone up against 3 or 4 users in one game.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

DS - because I'm an unaware, bad, lazy killer who wants to tunnel with no repercussions and I want easy games because every survivor is a SWF and I don't want anyone to have fun.

NOED - I can't to totems, I can gen rush and leave in 2 minutes but still ######### about the killer having NOED and getting a 0k.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Urban evasion as survivor.

No killer perks really bother me that much tbh. Noed is the most likely to frustrate me but not enough to remove it. Since I can't think of a perk I'll mention a killer instead.

Since I've already gotten rid of urban I think I'll get rid of hag. No particular reason....... just thought if I'm getting rid of urban I may as well get rid of her lol

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98
    Options

While the easy picks would be NOED and DS, I feel these perks need reworks rather then just being removed. Both perks IMO have good ideas behind them, however they need some tweaking. I think the use of countering tunneling and gen rushing are great ideas which we need in the game however, the execution of these ideas on a perk are done incorrectly and can be changed to better fit these great ideas. If I were to chose 2 it would be:

Object of Obsession: Completely ruins the game for many killers who need preparation and in the hands of a good SWF, it makes the game near unwinnable for the killer.

Insidious: While it certainly isnt OP (Quite the contrary), the only commonly used use for this perk is camping and that's just unfun for all.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I would also go with NOED and Adrenaline.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2020
    Options

Not too bothered about ds or borrowed since I try not to tunnel or camp unless I have been stomped on all game and try to secure the one kill I may be able to get at end game.

I would go with object of obsession for survivor and pop goes the weasel for killer.

I don't like the fact the players know exactly where I am and know what I'm doing and whether they are safe to continue the gen or not. As survivor there is nothing worse than getting a gen to 95% and then a killer pops it. I am a hypocrite though because I use pgtw myself.

Just to let you know, I put myself in the mindset of a killer/survivor main to make my decision on the two choices. I play both sides almost equally.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Decisive Strike, and NOED

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I mean I am a red rank killer that has only ever used perks like Pop or Ruin when chat did a build request. The problem is you don't need to 4k every game to be good at the game. I 3-4 kills on average, but yes I also get games where I get stomped on. Its whatever. I am not so sweaty and try hard that I need a 4k every game. So in short, Pop only helps bad killers play above there skill.

With the exception of SB, neither BT or DS help survivors play above their skill level unless you let them. You will rarely ever activate BT if you either don't chill by hook or if you try to avoid chasing the hooked person. Now to be fair, I understand this isn't always possible, but really only effects 1 outta 10 of my games. Now DS can be an issue because its not really an anti-tunnel perk and survivors can use it in a ######### way, like working on a gen 5 feet from hook (In these cases, yes its the survivor playing unskillfully and like a what many would call "toxic")

Sprint Burst, that probably makes some survivors feel better than they actually are.

• JaviDonatelli
    JaviDonatelli Member Posts: 20
    Options

Stop crying and remove all totems. Thank you

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Dead hard and insidious. Neither is healthy for the game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

Object and Insidious.

Object does give too much information to the Survivor, even in Solo Queue.

Insidious is never used for normal gameplay, it is a Perk only really used for ruining another players experience.

Both Perks have a bad reputation and both Perks encourage gameplay which is not enjoyable for the other side.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 404
    Options

OoO is very overpowered on teams, so I'd say that one needs a very serious rework.

In terms of Killer, I see a lot of people saying NOED, and while yes, it is overpowered and can promote some Killers to play badly and just slug with this perk, it's so very easily counterable if the survivors actually take the time to cleanse five measly totems. Personally, I would say Insidious, due to camping being highly encouraged from it.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited July 2020
    Options

No One Left Behind, Opened Handed, or Up The Ante.

Furtive Chase or Monstrous Shrine.

Heck you could remove all of them and you wouldn't see enough complaints to actually matter.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

DS - Due to people just using it to attack instead of using it to leave

Nurse's Calling - Works great against self-care and benefits a lot of killer's powers.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

OoO and Insidious.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Object and NOED.

• Redhawk_uk2
    Redhawk_uk2 Member Posts: 53
    Options

I need to ask everyone on this thread that has said these perks but I don't understand why people are saying that dead hard and pop reward bad players?

Apart from the use for distance (which from personal experience not a lot of people use it for) dead hard can easily be countered by just not swinging as soon as you are in range. And Pop needs the killer to win a chase and hook someone to use 1 time before the next hook and if you know the killer has it it can be countered against.

Also for survivor DS (needs a rework so it stays as it should be a DEFENSIVE perk) and Noed(again a rework as its to rewarding for failing your objective).

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347
    Options

This topic is a proof that killers only have one viable perk: NOED. Guess what? It will most likely get nerfed.

I have no clue what survivor perk to pick, we got: BT, Unbreakable, DS, Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, and many more.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551
    Options

OoO (Object of Obsession) and Mindbreaker

OoO is just an awful game breaking perk and will shred you in a SWF.

Mindbreaker is utter useless perk on the other hand, and I see lots of new demos using it which often discourages them as they never see its purpose.

Mindbreaker basically makes you exhausted WHILE repairing gens, this effect persists for 1/2/3 seconds once you get off the gen.......