Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Some tips against PH?

VonCrow
VonCrow Member Posts: 389

I main Killer so I'm a bad survivor. I would like to know some tips against PH because I'm unable to juke him. I'm playing more survivor this days that Killer is kinda unfun.

What do you do when you're in a position like being around a pallet and he puts his sword on the ground? If you run forward he hits you, if you try to dodge he comes closer and he can melee you, if you drop the pallet he hits you.

Is easy to avoid the ranged attack in the field, the problem is the situation that if you dodge the attack you get exposed anyways to a melee attack.

Some tips?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

"If you run forward he hits you, if you try to dodge he comes closer and he can melee you, if you drop the pallet he hits you."

This is why it's bad design. Similar issue that Deathslinger has.

It puts you in a lose/lose scenario.

The thing is he still isn't that strong. He wins loops but doesn't have map pressure.

Simultaneously unfun to play against while also being weak.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

Sharp turns out of line of sight into a vault or pallet that he can't see whether you use it or not. Or make it seem like you're running past a pallet but then come back and drop it on him, this depends on his reaction time though. Also a slight incline upwards and his power won't travel up, like the school bus vault from the back window. Also the staircases on Hawkins again because of inclines going up or because there's no ground that connects the different rail sections.

I do feel his power should travel up hills and such, it's ######### that it sticks to a 180 degree path and goes under their feet if they're on a hill or something.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

You can die and pretend you had fun or you can die and pretend you had fun.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

This is going to be hard to explain but I will try my best. This is where you need to take the time to start conditioning and understanding the killer player when you come up against them. if you can get them to already guess what you're going to do next and then do the opposite you will really mess them up. they will swing at things and miss, they will try and use their range attack and fail. Something you could look into and learn from is how top teir fighting game players use mindgames to win instead of mechanical skill because eventually the best of the best will be evenly matched and it will come down to who was the better mindgame player.

A few killers are like this where its not about mechanical skill but understanding your opponent better then they understand you. This is how you counter spirits, deathslingers, huntresses, and PH. It's hard and takes practice to start being able to do naturally but beleive me it works and isnt just guessing like some people like to claim it is.

• shadowwings8810
    shadowwings8810 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2020

Crouch through torment. If they don't cage someone, your third hook state is his easy kill.

His long range attack. Distance yourself. If you cant, don't throw down a pallet or vault a window while he is dragging. He is most likely aiming a shot to get you.

If you get a chance, play as the killer with his perks. Gives you better understanding what they will most likely do.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

Thanks all for the answers.

In a nutshell my feeling against him is like BlueBerry said: Some situations is a lose/lose whatever you do.

I don't have him but I think I'm gonna buy it and play with it, so I can understand better his weakness. For sure he has no map pressure which means he is extremely weak to gen rush, but I'm a solo player so can't rely on my teammates doing gens.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Pyramid Head is super strong in 1v1, sort of like deathslinger. It's on him to make mistakes in the chase for you to truly get ahead, but..

1. Watch for his telegraphs and pay close attention to what direction he's looking while using his power. That's where the death line is going to go.
    2. Funnily enough, breaking LOS and holding W for distance can work wonders if he misses with his power (and even if he doesn't this can be good).
    3. Dropping pallets or taking vaults within a certain distance of Pyramid Head guarantees that he either gets a power hit or an M1 - it's a super fked up situation. You either get hit, or you get hit. Kind of like deathslinger's zoning, he does something similar to gain distance at almost no cost.
    4. Do generators. Yes, like nearly every other killer in the game, Pyramid head sacrifices everything for his chase potential. Gen rushing him works just like it does vs other killers.

He's not an easy killer to face, and honestly, even the best survivors will have a difficult time running a good Pyramid Head.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

As a PH main this is more or less the right thing to do. Plays kind of like the Plague - keep distance as much as possible and don't commit to one loop, break LOS and move to another tile.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758
    edited July 2020

If you see him getting close, run. Hold W and book it in a straight line as far away as possible. Sis can't hit you if he can't catch up, and will most likely be drawing some trenches too which slows down his distance gaining even more.

Don't try and loop. Pre-throw pallets then run away. Most good Pyramid Head's won't break any pallets unless they must (god pallets) and will try to force you into an animation. Don't take the bait and hold W- Scott made a decent video about how good holding W actually is.

Basically book it as far as possible, don't try and loop.

Also- many Pyramid Head's will use the perk I'm All Ears, unlockable at level 30 from The Ghostface. For those who don't know, it reveals the aura of any survivor who performs a rushed action within 40m for 6 seconds. This perk is countered by Quick and Quiet- so if you're having extreme difficulty juking him that perk can be a life saver (since him having wallhacks on you whilst being able to hit you through a wall isn't the best).

Don't group up, either. He can snowball easily by downing 2 people in quick succession and caging them both, sending them to opposite sides of the map sometimes. That action alone can win the entire game then and there. If you do group up, same as tip #1- if you see him approaching ######### leg it.

Good luck man, Godspeed.

EDIT: One last thing. If you must vault a window/pallet, run one way then instantly change direction. Many will have to predict you keep heading one way and fire just to your side. Changing directions that quickly will throw them off and cause them to miss, putting them into a 4-5 second cooldown in which you hold W and yeet yourself away. 20m of distance takes a long time to cover.