Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tips for solo queue that might help out someone.

I've been playing some solo queue and I always find others complaining about it. Believe me, theres days where it can be awful. But my overall experience with it isn't the worst. Some of these tips depend on if you are matched with people of your skill or not so you cant really control all the factors but here anyway.

1) Trust in your teammates responses. This is one that is affected by ranks, and wether or not everyone is matched properly with each other. But typically what I do is if we are working on the first gen of the game and me and my team is working on then gen with no idea who the killer is, if I see them get off the gen and start running, I will run away from the gen too. if we are both looking on different sides of the gen, it is possible they saw a stealth killer like wraith,pig, or ghostface coming toward the gen so trust in their actions and respond accordingly. Won't work when playing with lower ranks cuz many run away just because.

2) Prioritize dangerous generators. While you may not be able to talk with your team, if you see everybody doing all of the safe generators or all of the generators on the sides of the map, it will likely doom you guys in the end. Try and get everybody to work on the dangerous gens first and get the safe ones later. If you can't get others, try and do them yourself. Getting them done will help a lot in the end.

3) AWARENESS. Be very observant and aware of what is happening during the trial. This is one of the most important rules that lead to people dying in solo queue. While there are perks that can help, it is best to learn how to be aware without perks. For example, if you are the closest person to a hooked person and somebody else gets hit, (depending on the situation or how little time they have until they get to next stage) t might be wise to get the save from the person since the killer is distracted. DONT ASSUME the other person will get the save because the other person could be across the map and thinking the same things then the guy on hook dies because nobody was thinking ahead and accessing the situation. Remember, if the obsession is getting chased, you can see it with the claws moving on the bottom by their name. That basically is telling you that you are safe for the time being. Also when doing gens make sure you are looking around you and have an escape plan and looking from all directions from where the killer may be. Make sure you learn your teams perks and items too, that may make some tasks easier for everybody knowing somebody has borrowed or somebody is running a totem build, etc.

Anyway that's it, Ik most of the forum is filled with experts and I wouldn't consider myself the know all be all or anything but figured I'd post this anyway cuz why not :P

Comments

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

thanks for the advice! I would also point out that in solo queue you have an information vaccuum, so bring perks to help bring you news. Bond is great for this, since it tells you where your team is and what they are doing for a pretty good distance around you. If you haven't unlocked bond then kindred is the next best thing. You can see which direction the killer leaves the hook in, which of your teammates may be going in for the save, and which gen(s) any of your team might be pressuring. Plus kindred feeds your whole team info when you get hooked

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

This. Kindred is my 100% must have as a Solo player. I always have to have it on my loadout. It's helped out so many times, especially when a killer is still close by but either stealthed or using Insidious. Though, even with Kindred, you still do get some survivors who just don't really pay attention to the fact the killer is darting right at them.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

You tips are great, dude!

But I just went against a team that gen rushed instead of saving hooked teammates...

2 of them got into 2 stage due to them not being saved

Looks like they didn't read your tips, am I right?

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

Yes I agree. I didn't really talk about perks but those are good ones to bring in solo queue. Another one I like is alert since it can let u know who the killer is early game and it lets you know where there are no pallets.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    edited July 2020

Empathy trumps Bond. Bond has a small range, so small in fact that if they are in that range you are likely to see them anyway. Empathy is map-wide. You can see where the action is and avoid it or head for it to help. I use it in place of Self Care because I can also find others to be healed by.

• TruffleTurtle

While I think empathy is alright, I think bond is more versatile. Not only can I see people if I need to heal, but i can see if people are on gens, somebody running for a save, doing a door. You have more awareness with bond and get more info

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

Kindred, DH, Iron Will, and BT is my go to build

Solo queue survivor. I usually ALWAYS pip as long as my teammates are not awful

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

Tips for solo queue?

.....Try meditation, to stay calm when you have been 1 hooked for the 100th time. 🤣

• shadowwings8810
    shadowwings8810 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2020

I actually enjoy playing solo. I've learned to play better without help. Your tips are very useful as i myself have followed these through. The biggest challenge playing solo is there is no guarantee anything will be done or if you'll be saved after running the killer. So for people reading this just find what your strong play style (whether it is alterism ((saving people)), boldness ((Running killer)), evader ((stealth)), or lightbringer ((work on gens))) and try to learn to combine it with the other play styles. Play killer if you want. I do so to get a better understanding of the killer. People are going to get mad regardless for not doing what they wanted or not understanding their signals before dying in game. I die and I still have fun. So if you tried your best, then the person who called you "Scum" should look in the mirror.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

This. If not this randoms teammates to killer so killer will give them the hatch. 🤦‍♀️

• Splinterverse

Not true. You get less information because you only get 30 meters or so of info. With Empathy, you get mapwide info of people on generators, gates, etc., as long as they are injured. If someone is running No Mither, you see them the whole match. If you are going against a Legion or Plague, you see the whole team most of the game due to the frequent states of injury.

• TruffleTurtle

Yea I get that but that's situational. There are many games where people are mainly healthy. 36 meters isn't as small as you may think. Its more reliable imo. Personally I think aftercare triumphs them both but that's highly debatable. Also many killers are loud and make audio noises when they are in a chase so there are other ways to see if someone is in a chase without using the perk

• Splinterverse

I still disagree. If someone is within 36 meters working a gen or a gate, you are likely to hear it. You don't need Bond to know that they're there. In contrast, if someone is injured across the entire map and opening a gate, you can see it.

I liked the original Aftercare, but with the nerf to it, it goes away too quickly and doesn't cover the whole team.

• TruffleTurtle

Well I suppose we can agree to disagree then ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Honestly I think the best advice is to bring DS. Not having you tunneled out within the first 2 minutes buys your team a lot of time. Borrowed Time is good too.