Stop...being...immersed

DragonMasterDarren
DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

stop hiding in bushes, stop burning Yamoka and Coldwind maps every game, stop running Urban, stop playing P3 Claudette, stop being useless, stop wasting your team and the killers time, get in a chase and learn to loop the killer instead of hiding in a bush.

Edit: apparently i need to clarify what being immersed is

immersion: pretending you are actually in DBD and therefore take actions that you would probably take if you actually were in DBD, this usually takes the from of hiding in bushes or lockers the very millisecond you hear the Killers terror radius

I am aware stealth is a component in this game, i have accepted that fact long ago, i will never accept the continued existence of useless imbecilic fools who will hide in a locker or urban evade away the very second the killer so much as looks at them AND NEVER TOUCH A GEN OR GO FOR A SAVE

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Would i rather survivors only run second chance perks like adrenaline, unbreakable, DS, BT? Yes please.. Hopefully they're also decent players who can give me a good chase.

It's not about immersing being powerful or not - it's definitely not powerful. It's about wandering around the map bored out of my mind, looking for survivors whilst none of them are doing objectives. I'll still kill them, but now there's the added danger that I'll die of boredom in the interim.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

This is where playing the Doctor comes into play. Use him with Restraint add-ons and Iron Maiden and people will have a much harder time hiding from you.

• CuteLittleAngel
    CuteLittleAngel Member Posts: 12

Thats how I am too. I will take a chase if I need to body block and I will try to learn looping when I do chases. But I don't want to only have the killers attention for half a minute.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Look, I am a killer main, when I play survivor with my pals I suck quite badly especially at looping. My play style is either pimp meg with nice shown belly or blendette. I am a stealth player, I learnt it from Painreliever.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

As a killer, I’m fine with any okay style (except toxic). The super loopers waste a lot of my time, but they keep me entertained and occupied until they run me past a hiding teammate. Those guys hide because they’re not super loopers. I switch targets, get a quick down, and hope that this turn of events puts the good runners in a more precarious position.

In other words, a mix of play styles is nice. 4 super loopers is just as boring to hunt as 4 immersed survivors who never touch gens.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

👆🏻 Play* style (not “okay” style). Sry, not able to edit post for typos.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited July 2020

I’m the same way. I don’t play ‘immersed’ because I’m scared of the killer or can’t put up good chases, because I can. I do it because when I’m the one being chased, I notice no matter how long I’m being chased for, gens just won’t get done. I play in solo lobbies mostly so I don’t want to rely on strangers to get the objective done. That’s why I try to do the totems and gens whilst also getting unhooks and heals in between.

If I’m spotted by the killer, I’m not bothered. As I know unless I’m really unlucky, I won’t be an easy down. People seem to think that every P3 Claudette will just hide in the corner of the map and wait for the hatch and that’s just not true.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

The shittiest thing about these players is when they unhook you. They use their invinsibility cloak as claudette to hide after the unhook which I cant because i am Ash moaning like my life depends on it. So the killer Comes back and doesn't see the unhooker and Goes for me...

And in all honesty i dont blaim him.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Do you have any idea how good hiding can be? I can't tell you how frustrating it is to start a chase, spend a while in it, hit somebody, and then lose them because they ran off and had Iron Will and Urban Evasion. I mean, I can't get mad because it's my fault for losing them, but point is it's not like stealth has no part in the game.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,164

If the person being immersed is helping with gens, unhooks, and heals I don't care as long as they're helping the team progress to escape. Odds are they are bad at being chased and being stealth doing everything else is more helpful.

If they are hiding not doing anything, just waiting for their team to do all the work or die so they can get the hatch, then that is obnoxious.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

i'd take the meta slaves over a "walk into bushes and pray" simulator any day of the week

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Some people can pull stealth off in a way that helps the team and I'm okay with those people , it's the ones who are waiting the hatch out from the start and never do anything productive that are an issue , somehow they manage to get to red ranks and then complain about how op killers are 🙄, but those are the ones who also turn every match into a dumpster fire, they hide the whole game and if they're chased first they DC when they get outplayed

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

What a moronic post. It's like moaning at a football team for playing only short passes or long balls.

The idea of the game is to frigging survive and get out, not try and out run a 7 ft bloke with a machete. Players play to there strengths, and keeping hidden all match is fairly impressive.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

You can dislike a certain playstyle. But attacking them and calling them names is uncalled for and unnecessary.

• Avocet
    Avocet Member Posts: 284

When good loopers say not to be immersed, do they mean I'd be more useful on the hook? Because this is where I'd be if I try playing like them.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

exactly. I had games with 3 immersed players and one usual person. I found the standard survivor, downed them. they got unhooked and the unhooker was nowhere seen. Same precess on 3rd hook.

Yes i tunneled, but it was yamaoka with 3 urban evasion blendettes. Im sorry for the meg but what am i supposed to do XD

I cant hit every bush.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Playing immersed is only ok if it serves a purpose. No, you shouldnt try to get chased all the time, but don't screw over your teammates because you dont want to be seen. Stealth is only good when necessary, and most people don't understand that.

• Nyxsie
    Nyxsie Member Posts: 39

I think it's fun to play immersed as a survivor. This game can be so thrilling and I feel like a lot of people miss out.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i feel this game should be more about Stealth then knowing how to loop a killer forever.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited July 2020

As much as I dislike this playstyle, you can't order people to play the way you want them to play. I've stopped caring about people's playstyles in this game because honestly who cares? If they're having fun hiding in bushes and me and you can still have fun running around like a headless chicken then it really doesn't matter does it?

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I'd consider it more of a cat and mouse game than hide and seek... But then again I don't play immersed so 💁

• Omputin
    Omputin Member Posts: 142

But you would have to be chased eventually or else you are just screwing over your team.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Nah.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Thank you. Being immersed is how one should always be when dedicated to something.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

There's that sweet spot for the most part when it comes to hiding, don't want to do it too early and waste time or too late and get caught out possibly giving a hit.

I agree people need to stop taking it to the extreme and urban evading away the second they hear the heartbeat.

HOWEVER

Just to throw in, this normally stupid gameplay style is verrrry good against Spirit. You want to avoid getting in chases with good spirits as much as possible, and you dunno if the second you hear the heartbeat she's started phasing. I swear out of all my games as Spirit, the ones where survivors are seriously immersive are my worst games.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Why I run Sprint Burst or Iron Will. Every time I don't run Sprint burst or Iron Will, the killer is right back on me and I'm like, why didn't I run Sprint Burst or Iron Will.