Fellow Nurse mains

Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Sup? There aren't very much of us left these days so I'd like to have the oppurtunity to get to know my fellow Nurse mains of the forum a bit more. We are the most superior after all and the most skillful players of Dbd😏.

So what's your guys' main outfit combo? What build do you mainly use? How long have you been playing Nurse? Who do you play when you aren't playing Nurse?

Heres my outfit/build:

I started learning Nurse about 2 years ago playing on my cousin's Ps4. He's the one who got me into Dbd. A year later I got the game for myself and to this day I'm a console Nurse main. Getting used to playing her was...well...hard of course but I felt great when I was able to start winning games. Within my first few months of learning her I developed a deep hatred for corn maps and Lerys. Corn I got used to but Lerys can still be a bit troublesome.

When I'm not playing Nurse I usually play Trapper, Billy, or Ghostface.

I couldn't think of any more questions btw so if you think of something else you wanna share feel free to do so :)

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited July 2020

I’ve been running BBQ/PGTW/Infectious Fright/Shadowborn. I think I may give up on Shadowborn but not sure yet. I prefer certain addon combos on her. Charge reduction and fatigue reduction are my favorites.

I am also a big fan of her oblivious on hit purple add on in combination with her green 115% ‘walking’ nurse green addon.

My bud, who only plays Nurse, runs Sloppy Butcher and I’m All Ears with Pop and BBQ. He insists on playing addonless.

• Lx_malice

I was addicted to shadowborn learning her as well. I kinda weened myself off of it with Monitor and eventually stopped using both altogether. I wanted more from my perks so that's why I didn't want to keep using it. Shadowborn really is a drug perk.

• Steel_Eyed

This is my thought process as well on not using Shadowborn. I thought before unlocking it that it would help with 360ing survivors as they cannot hide on the killers ‘hip’ due to limited field of view.

I had a similar thought with Hillbilly and backrevving, which does work, but with his nerf I don’t think I’ll have as much flexibility in his loadouts anymore.

Thing is I’m not sure I’m actually getting value from Shadowborn on Nurse but know I would get two to three hits from I’m All Ears or extra slowdown from Sloppy.

• Lx_malice

It is useful for making it easier to see and keep track of survivors during fatigue but it's better to just use your ears for that. That's why I guess you could say I run Stridor in its place. It counters iron will and it's helped me find stealthy survivors nearby that I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Sometimes I like to use metal spoon because it stacks with Stridor which is pretty cool.

• Steel_Eyed

I agree. Stridor helps with blinks through walls as well which if you haven’t seen is hard to convey how it does work.

Its odd how stridor only seems good on Nurse and Spirit imo.

• Lx_malice

It's pretty decent on all killers but there's better stuff for them to run so that's probably why.

• Steel_Eyed

I say those two killers because most killers don’t break line of sight as often as these two do.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

It's hard to enjoy her these days..I run hallowed blight nurse with bbq , pop, infectious..and I'm still figuring out my ideal 4th perk..was trying deathbound but with limited success

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,242

P3 cosmetics or the Tragic Love Opera. Not sure how long exactly, but I know I have around 10-11k blink attacks.

For builds: In public matches, I'll usually go BBQ, Nurses, Whispers, Stridor/Agitation/HG/Sloppy. For comp, it's Corrupt/Ruin/Surveillance/HG.

I play every other killer except Huntress and Billy. Just never really took the time to get good with them. My other mains are Clown, Plague, Myers, Hag, Demo.

• Lx_malice

True. Stridor spirit appears to get more hate though so I guess that makes it better on her of the two.

• Lx_malice

I'd probably go with whispers. Can never go wrong with it.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

I typically run BBQ (sometimes I replace it with something else), sloppy butcher, monitor & abuse (to make my TR less than the aura reading range of nurses), and nurses.

Honestly, if you can deal with the wonky FOV changes due to monitor, I'd say it's one of the most underrated perks on nurse and makes her truly terrifying.

• Lx_malice

Comp? So you do like tourneys and stuff like that? Also that is A LOT of blink attacks. I wish there was a way for me to check how many I have on Ps4.

• Lx_malice

Monitor is pretty good on her. I never tried the combo myself but I heard you can use the extra range add-ons with Monitor to get free gen grabs.

• Steel_Eyed

I ran monitor for a while on her and decided against it because I believe Nurse needs to traverse the map with blinks and her screeches give away her position. Not going to exactly sneak up on anyone.

And to counter the Nurse’s Calling point made above, she doesn’t exactly walk into range of this perk, she blinks into it. She doesn’t carefully approach four meters a second but in fifteen to twenty meter bursts. So a Nurse is more likely to blink into a zone and happen to see the healing auras if that makes sense.

Ohtofu runs Nurse’s Calling on his build without monitor as well.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
  • Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

Sad to say I don't think I can say I'm a nurse main anymore. I haven't played her in a while because I just couldn't deal with the bugs for another day. But I generally ran Whispers, BBQ, Sloppy, Ruin or Corrupt. I love her black funeral garment, it looks fancy. Wish they'd fix nurse's bugs, but I won't hold my breath. At least Spirit is pretty fun to play imo.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    edited July 2020

I thought that was awesome too. I wish my bf would play and learn her but he hates the game from continuous bad experiences :(

When I first started the game I tried her out and couldn't figure out ######### I was doing and thought she was uber weak. Then after getting my ass handed to me with the other killers (especially old Freddy) for quite a while I thought I guess I'll learn her since she was considered the S-tier. Learned to love her and I liked using omega blink. Yeah, I said it. I've adapted since but I'll always miss using one blink to hit someone from BBQ. It was glorious.

I like Tinkerer/BBQ/Ruin/Spies from the Shadows. Getting gen grabs from right behind the wall they're facing is such a power move. Also love how it scares some people so bad, truly a horror game in that instance.

EDIT: I wish they would let use do this with the crowns, I so desperately want it.

Post edited by coppersly on
  • Lx_malice

Feelsbad. Hopefully one day you'll be able to have fun playing her again.

• Lx_malice

I know exactly what you mean. I always ran range whenever I could too. Ahh memories of Nurse outta nowhere moments. I never considered Tinkerer though. With the buff coming soon I might just have to try it out. Sounds like fun lol.

• coppersly

Oh I completely forgot it was way outside of her terror radius too.

Yes Tinkerer is the ######### and it's going to be even better now. You should easily be able to get to most generators with both CD addons now. I can't wait >:)

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

Played Nurse since she released, 2k hours in the game total. Won a few tournaments with her worth some good money, so she paid for herself and the game pretty easily.

I've her maxed and usually like using a variation of this build. I've never liked running addons for personal reasons, so I don't usually run any on almost anyone.

It's hard to really find the "best" Nurse build. You can't really go wrong with many perks, it just depends on your play style.

When I'm not playing her it's a mix of Oni, Hag, Demo, Plague, Wraith, and LF I guess.

C:

• coppersly

I ran I'm All Ears for a while. It was Gucci. That's cool that you won tournaments with her, nice job.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I like the black wedding dress with the halloween pumpkin head. I wanted the blight outfit but I refuse to pay for the dbd pass.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i use the black/purple wedding dress love it.

• Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34

Is Nurse worth learning? Im struggling for 3ks at my rank and need new ideas

• Lx_malice

I'd say so. She's really strong and lots of fun. Takes A LOT of practice though. With enough skill and practice you'll be able to easily beat most teams.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i like her but still have hard time with her most after her nerf.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

The Valentine's cosmetic is my favorite. That or the Black wedding dress to let the survivors know they're probably dead.

I like to run BBQ, Shadowborn, PGTW, and I'm All Ears.

But with all the bugs lately and the awful rework...I've started playing a lot more Slinger.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I'm more Doctor main than Nurse main, but I took up playing her a little while back as a challenge. I've done well enough on lower half ranks to 4k, but still have a ways to go. I haven't solidified my build just yet, though I do like using the "Make them scream" add-on for fun and Bloodpoints.

Skin-wise I like using the pumpkin head.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I don't consider myself a Nurse main but have played her a fair bit...

I do have good games (ones that it feels like I can blink randomly and find a survivor)... and the opposite is true (frustratingly playing like a "baby")

I working out a build that works for me but right now it's: Sloppy, Corrupt, BBQ, Whispers... with some form of recharge and/or fatigue addons...

I do have her ready for prestige but holding off for now

• bumcheeks1
    bumcheeks1 Member Posts: 8

I find new Ruin to be a pretty effective perk with Nurse's mobility, and I pretty much always have BBQ + Shadowborn equipped. The fourth slot changes around sometimes between Infectious Fright, Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, and a couple others. Lately, though, I've been liking Whispers as my fourth perk.

Cosmetic-wise, I mainly run full legacy, but sometimes I change it up with bloody prestige or the black wedding outfit.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

I am not a Nurse Main but she is one of my favs.

I use the P3 outfit or black dress with the Victorian Head and Golden Blade or the Rose Blade.

Perks:

- Shadowborn

- Corrupt Intervention

- BBQ

- Whispers

I don't run Add-Ons most of the time and if I do I use Dark Cincture or rarely the Fragile Wheeze and the Bad Man Keepsake Add-Ons.

• Lx_malice

Man what I wouldn't give to have leagcy Nurse. That's awesome.

• coppersly

Wow, you're incredible rocking full legacy. #megajealous

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

The cosmetic that I wear is the purple gown with the purple veil, but my favorite weapon is the Marked Bridal Saw! Back when I played Sally religiously I would run Dying Light, BBQ, Shadowborn, and a random 4th perk

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I'm about to try out nurse on PC...give me all combined nurse power

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Cool, man. I am a Nurse main also that became a Freddy main after cooldown Nurse. But after buying the outfit in last offer, i played some matches again and kind of getting used. But, i like play all killers as well.

One question. Why Stridor? Whats the use with her? To compensate fatigue view with higher grunts after a hit?

• Lx_malice

Yup. It also counters iron will which alot of survivors run and it makes it easier to find any little sneaks that may be hiding nearby. Not to mention it stacks with metal spoon which allows you to have super hearing.

• Fran1994
    Fran1994 Member Posts: 64

All of you guys telling stories of you playing with your girl and boy friends, and i'm so sad my girlfriend is so scared of horror things i cannot even talk to her about this game, even if she's quite an avid gamer herself :'(

On my nurse (mobile. So very hard to play) i play sloppy, nurse calling, stridor and agitation. Makes it easier to do some basement hook and then ambush those altruistic survivors who try their best to do basement unhooks... Or try healing inside my terror radius.

Like, ######### guys? I could even hear you healing without nurse calling, but anyway a nurse is very likely to run that perk... So Just.. don't heal?

• Lx_malice

Props to you for playing Nurse on mobile. I tried her myself on there and damn it's hard. I thought console was hard but mobile is on another level even with the infinite chain blink window between blinks.

• Fran1994
    Fran1994 Member Posts: 64

Yeah it's hard on mobile... but the satisfaction of pulling a precise lethal chain blink.... Is so good you cannot really explain

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited July 2020

Still my favourite Killer after 3 years. My favourite add-ons are Matchbox and Pocket Watch (not used together, obviously). I also run Enduring on nurse. My favourite thing is eating a stun and immediately blinking and downing the greedy survivor.

My usual build is:

Surge, Infectious Fright, Agitation, BBQ/Corrupt/Whispers/Shadowborn/Enduring for the 4th slot.

Post edited by RepliCant on
  • Saemeael
    Saemeael Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2020

I don't really have a build for nurse that I use most games, but I've been playing her since 2017. I ended up mastering her in no time, doing a rank 20-1 no perk no addon nurse back in mid 2017. Sadly my main killer other than nurse is billy :(

Of course I subscribe to the Zubatlel school of fashion.

EDIT: I honestly think I may be cursed when it comes to my mains getting nerfed. I'll just keep playing nurse and billy to tank the hit for all killer mains.

• Arizaki
    Arizaki Member Posts: 2

I'm not only a new nurse main but also a new player in general. Only have about 20 hours on nurse right now but for sure my favorite killer. The amount of 4ks with 4 gens left I get is insane and if you learn to mindgame and predict with her power she's great. Nurse ftw