Didn’t Ochido hack on PS4?

You guys remember that, right?

Comments

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    RotBb said:
    You guys remember that, right?
    Already? Didn’t he just recently come to ps platform?
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    The devs forget to think of a way to bann people when they ported this game, kinda ridiculous eh?

Actually it's not the devs fault, they can't ban on sony's platform without their permission. They're currently trying to work out an agreement to be able to ban that way. But unless and until Sony stops being so greedy and proprietary it isn't going to happen.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Him hacking or not there doesn't matter since ATM the dev can't ban player because sony won't let them.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    The devs forget to think of a way to bann people when they ported this game, kinda ridiculous eh?

Actually it's not the devs fault, they can't ban on sony's platform without their permission. They're currently trying to work out an agreement to be able to ban that way. But unless and until Sony stops being so greedy and proprietary it isn't going to happen.

Sounds easy enough. Just change Japanese society as a whole and wait several generations until those with a different mindset have had the chance to reach a position within Sony from which they're able to effect policy changes.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    hacking on console? you sure?
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    edited September 2018

Pedochido back at it again? Thank god he is banned from PC i actually used to like him when me and my friends only played survivor. Back then we thought DS and 360ing took skill .-.

• powerbats
    edited September 2018

@Lowbei said:
    hacking on console? you sure?

Yes you can hack on consoles and it's a lot more common than people think. The console makers want people to think they're hack proof same as Apple to sell more products.

• Lowbei
    alright. just wondering what kinda hack he uses? speedhack?
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Canextro said:

Well see... I don't watch him... cause he's a horrible person.

It baffles me he can still play the game after getting banned over and over. He'll probably just keep buying PS4's each time he is banned. He is unrelenting. And the ad revenue we give him buy finding his cheating and exploiting only allows him to continue.

sad truth

I don't know who he is but meh. He sounds toxic af... who tf wants to watch all that negativity? 

GIVE ME MY HAPPY PLACE (dbd, some friends, laughs) 
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    He's horrible, both to killers and survivors in his gameplays. And people think it's cool.
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

As a satanist ... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Lowbei
    Dudddd said:
    How is this possible?

Wait dont tell me, my mind is made up.
    Why did you bother posting at all?
  • davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    I wish toxic people would get a real life
  • RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Orion said:

@Eveline said:
    He's horrible, both to killers and survivors in his gameplays. And people think it's cool.

Support non-toxic streamers. The Media Lounge has plenty of them.

Ardetha is the best dbd streamer I’ve seen.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    RotBb said:
    Orion said:

@Eveline said:

Support non-toxic streamers. The Media Lounge has plenty of them.

Ardetha is the best dbd streamer I’ve seen.
    Tru3Ta1ent, Angrypug, Puppers, Ohtofu, Vinc3ntVega, Cahlaflower, ZubatLEL, Scottjude, Jendenise, AdmiralBahroo, Noob3  and others, but you should definitely watch Monto on youtube.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    He did hack. He had a purple flashlight with green and yellow batteries on his Level 5 David King. I saw his stream.
    No Prestige, no friends on the platform at the time, nothing. Literally hacked in a purple flashlight on PS4 DBD.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited September 2018

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

They dont need to bann them on the ps4 platform.

matchmakign is done on BHVR servers. Simply remove poeple like this frmo the matchmakign server and problem done.

Sure they will still be able to launch the game, but nobody cares because they cant queue anymore :lol:

Oh, and btw you can get banned in other games on ps too :wink:

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Dudddd said:
    How on earth can you hack on console, this is just another pointless post that a mod will close.

It is doable but hard asf. Heres a post of some nerds discussing it. I don't think Ochido has the brain power.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-one-start-with-console-hacking.464057/

• Might_Oakk

@Judgement said:
    He did hack. He had a purple flashlight with green and yellow batteries on his Level 5 David King. I saw his stream.
    No Prestige, no friends on the platform at the time, nothing. Literally hacked in a purple flashlight on PS4 DBD.

Someone watching his dtream gave him a flashlight? Wooooaaaaahhhhhhh

• Judgement
    edited September 2018

@Judgement said:

This was the very first time he started streaming on PS4. OchiDO never even told his fan base that he was playing on PS4 until the stream STARTED. Most of them, the young and dumb most likely, seem to still think he’s playing on PC with a controller or something.
    Guess it’s to push another false narrative, how ‘killers are noobs ez dud’ but on console they’re cucked by bad optimisation (I’m talking drops to 15fps and lower) and controller aiming so it’s far easier to juke and 360.
    He modifies his save file on PC, every time that he got banned to act as if he was never banned to begin with. He only got caught and HWID banned after showing he has a P3 Clown, Rank 1, with account level 6, because Curtain Call made it significantly easier to catch out save file modders.
    There’s nothing to suggest that he didn’t modify his save file on PS4, too. I’ve seen videos and other proof of players hacking in other games like Dark Souls 3, Warframe, and some other games. There’s no logic behind saying that hacking is impossible on console.
  • Might_Oakk

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

@Judgement said:

This was the very first time he started streaming on PS4. OchiDO never even told his fan base that he was playing on PS4 until the stream STARTED. Most of them, the young and dumb most likely, seem to still think he’s playing on PC with a controller or something.
    Guess it’s to push another false narrative, how ‘killers are noobs ez dud’ but on console they’re cucked by bad optimisation (I’m talking drops to 15fps and lower) and controller aiming so it’s far easier to juke and 360.
    He modifies his save file on PC, every time that he got banned to act as if he was never banned to begin with. He only got caught and HWID banned after showing he has a P3 Clown, Rank 1, with account level 6, because Curtain Call made it significantly easier to catch out save file modders.
    There’s nothing to suggest that he didn’t modify his save file on PS4, too. I’ve seen videos and other proof of players hacking in other games like Dark Souls 3, Warframe, and some other games. There’s no logic behind saying that hacking is impossible on console.

So he picked a flashlight up off a dead survivor?

The most obvious solution is usually the correct one.

PS, I remember you kept trying to get me banned :). Didn't work out I see :p

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Hacking on the PS4 version of DBD is impossible. You would have to jailbreak your PS4 but if you do that you can't play online because if you want to jailbreak your PS4 you have to downgrade your Software version. And if you do that you can't connect to the PSN anymore. Someone gave him this flashlight.
  • Might_Oakk

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

You're daft man. All they have todo is add it to the game like they did with pc which they said they are working on. Every console game has bans. Quit spreading misinformation on things you are completely ignorant of.

• wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52

It amazes me how people sperg out over Ochido.

• Judgement

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

You're daft man. All they have todo is add it to the game like they did with pc which they said they are working on. Every console game has bans. Quit spreading misinformation on things you are completely ignorant of.

I agree with you on that one.
    DE with Warframe have bans on their console ports, and some severe bans can completely ban an IP from all platforms.
    Why can’t BHVR do it with Dead By Daylight? It can’t be that hard to say “Hey, Sony, let us ban people from our game on your platform when they deserve it, yeh?”
    Because it’s BHVR’s game, on Sony’s platform. Why would Sony allow an online game on their platform, but not allow the devs of said game to punish offending players?
    Sounds more like BHVR can’t be screwed to do anything about cheaters, hackers, or any other toxic players, on any platform. They hardly do their job when someone reports, bringing forward literal video proof of a hacker in action on PC, why would they care anything about console?
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    Canextro said:

Well see... I don't watch him... cause he's a horrible person.

It baffles me he can still play the game after getting banned over and over. He'll probably just keep buying PS4's each time he is banned. He is unrelenting. And the ad revenue we give him buy finding his cheating and exploiting only allows him to continue.

sad truth

Sony doesn't system ban and devs have 0 control over the bans on ps4 and xbox one
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Dudddd said:
    How on earth can you hack on console, this is just another pointless post that a mod will close.
    #1 fanboy spotted
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Scgamecock86 said:
    Dudddd said:

#1 fanboy spotted

You can hack on console by...... hacking.

• qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

You can lag switch on console. Thats it. Show me an example of someone hacking DBD on ps4. I'll wait.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 2018

@qpwoeiruty said:
    You can lag switch on console Thats it. Show me an example of someone hacking DBD on ps4. I'll wait.

Dont think I didn’t notice that subject change.

• qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

@Scgamecock86 said:
    qpwoeiruty said:

You can lag switch on console. Thats it. Show me an example of someone hacking DBD on ps4. I'll wait.

#2 fanboy has entered 

I don't watch any streamers, im an adult lol. Just saying i've never had any game in 1000s of games where I suspected someone of cheating (other then lag switch, thats like every other game lol)

• powerbats

@Might_Oakk said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

The daft one would be you since they'e said they can't do bans on PS4 right now which is why they're trying to come to an agreement with Sony on it.

If you actually knew what you were talking about then you'd know sony doesn't just allow anyone to ban on their network without permission. Also BHVR doesn't see the id of the person connecting, only that yes they have a valid license from Sony's side.

To ban they'd have to know the PS4 user id which Sony doesn't hand out like candy to any game developer due to privacy laws without you guess it a legal agreement..

• Orion

@qpwoeiruty said:

@Scgamecock86 said:
    qpwoeiruty said:

#2 fanboy has entered 

I don't watch any streamers, im an adult lol. Just saying i've never had any game in 1000s of games where I suspected someone of cheating (other then lag switch, thats like every other game lol)

Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you can't enjoy things that kids enjoy. It's OK to embrace your inner child from time to time. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you can't enjoy things that kids enjoy. It's OK to embrace your inner child from time to time. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

It also makes Jack want to hide in lockers and not come out and play.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Judgement said:
    There’s nothing to suggest that he didn’t modify his save file on PS4, too.

If you have a PS4, try looking for a DbD save file. You won’t find one. Why? Because that information is stored in only 2 places. The main storage is on the DbD matchmaking servers, which is why you can move from console to console and be exactly where you were at on the previously used console. The other place is in system memory, which is only temporary. The game periodically uploads this information to the server. If the game crashes while it is holding progress updates, that progression is lost, thus the reason some people observe rollbacks. You would need to hack the DbD servers in order to hack a PS4 save.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    Hacking on the PS4 version of DBD is impossible. You would have to jailbreak your PS4 but if you do that you can't play online because if you want to jailbreak your PS4 you have to downgrade your Software version. And if you do that you can't connect to the PSN anymore. Someone gave him this flashlight.

There is always a way, but probably much more complicated than on PC.
    Doesnt change the fact that ochido got banned for several other reasons> @powerbats said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

The daft one would be you since they'e said they can't do bans on PS4 right now which is why they're trying to come to an agreement with Sony on it.

If you actually knew what you were talking about then you'd know sony doesn't just allow anyone to ban on their network without permission. Also BHVR doesn't see the id of the person connecting, only that yes they have a valid license from Sony's side.

To ban they'd have to know the PS4 user id which Sony doesn't hand out like candy to any game developer due to privacy laws without you guess it a legal agreement..

The matchmaking server is owned by BHVR, sony has nothing to say about that.

Ochido published his psn identity for everyone to see on his stream, pls dude....

• powerbats

@DeadByFlashlight said:

True but they still connect through Sony which only says yes this person has a licensed copy.

Ochido published his psn identity for everyone to see on his stream, pls dude....

Did he post his or someone else's though and even then it's still Sony's PSN identity not like Pc where it goes through Steam and is easily blocked.

I know they're working with Sony too be able to ban on Sony's network directly and Xbox as well. They can ban by Steam since the Steam id is the same as the in game id.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited September 2018

@powerbats said:

This is partially accurate. Do 3rd party game servers get your console ID? No, but they do get a unique ID for your account that is also unique to their server. Different 3rd parties will get different unique IDs for the exact same PSN account. Only PSN has the ability to map the 3rd party ID number to a PSN account username. So, the 3rd parties can easily ban the user ID that they are given from using their servers, but the user could easily create an alias PSN account and start over, using the PS Plus of the purchasing PSN account.

P.S. While this banning is possible on the 3rd party servers, it might be a violation of their agreement with PSN, thus the reason they don’t currently do it.

• DeadByFlashlight

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

True but they still connect through Sony which only says yes this person has a licensed copy.

Did he post his or someone else's though and even then it's still Sony's PSN identity not like Pc where it goes through Steam and is easily blocked.

I know they're working with Sony too be able to ban on Sony's network directly and Xbox as well. They can ban by Steam since the Steam id is the same as the in game id.

The account that is saved on the BHVR servers (the one you get savegame errors when the servers bork again) is uniquely bound to your PSN in case you arent aware of that :wink:

The devs simply pushed out the console port without thinking hwo to deal with the toxicity that was already the case on PC. Who could have guessed that it would be the same on console? :lol:

I seriously dont understand how you can defend the devs in such a position. I mean other games manage it too?

• Orion

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

The account that is saved on the BHVR servers (the one you get savegame errors when the servers bork again) is uniquely bound to your PSN in case you arent aware of that :wink:

The devs simply pushed out the console port without thinking hwo to deal with the toxicity that was already the case on PC. Who could have guessed that it would be the same on console? :lol:

I seriously dont understand how you can defend the devs in such a position. I mean other games manage it too?

Explaining why something is happening is not the same as defending it.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Kaelum said:

@powerbats said:

This is partially accurate. Do 3rd party game servers get your console ID? No, but they do get a unique ID for your account that is also unique to their server. Different 3rd parties will get different unique IDs for the exact same PSN account. Only PSN has the ability to map the 3rd party ID number to a PSN account username. So, the 3rd parties can easily ban the user ID that they are given from using their servers, but the user could easily create an alias PSN account and start over, using the PS Plus of the purchasing PSN account.

P.S. While this banning is possible on the 3rd party servers, it might be a violation of their agreement with PSN, thus the reason they don’t currently do it.

So BHVR is a 3rd party? Good to know..... but then you cant have BHVR software running on PC while playing DBD or you violate the TOS, oh wait.....

• powerbats

@Might_Oakk said:

@powerbats said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

They aren't doing psn bans they are doing dbd bans. You're brain dead and hopeless kid...

They're doing bans via the PSN network id which prevents that person from simply buying another PS4 and playing on that one.