Hawkins, midwich, hawkins, midwich, hawkins, midwich

ClickyClicky
ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Is there a reason these 2 abominations come up so often? Its 2 maps out of what? 30+?

Theres something seriously wrong with the frequency I’m getting them.

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

I've been getting Shelter Woods a lot lately as survivor. I hate that map. When I play killer its Ormond, or Red Forest, or endless corn maps!

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited July 2020

I’m jealous. I love those maps and rarely get them. I seem to be stuck in a cycle of always getting Coldwind Farm.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I swear that's the 3 I get as survivor. Along with some Dead Dawg Saloon.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

Whatever map I get, I usually get it 2-3 times in a row with no map offerings, I'm glad there were questions about it in the last survey.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Only through custom matches did I find there are maps I have NEVER seen in a public match so far,... and that there's far too many variants of springwood (i think it was springwood)

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Farm maps and Swamp majority of today. -,-

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I'm still stuck in those dang cornfields most of the time! A map such as Hawkins or Midwich is actually a much-welcomed change for me!

• Switcheroo
    Switcheroo Member Posts: 48

You'll have to show me some statistics. Yes it's possible to get the same maps many times but honestly judging by how much you dislike the maps I assume you're just actively focusing on the bad. Like when one of my friends keeps complaining about always being the obsession when it's only a quarter of the time.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

Hawkins and Middlewich need to go or be completely reworked. Shelter Woods as well.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I got a lot of wretched shop the past few days, not a lot of midwitch (thank god). I actually don't mind hawkins. I know it's a killer sided map but when I play survivor it doesn't really bother me too much. Definitely prefer it than Shelter Woods or Lerys.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Even if you only see Hawkins and midwich once a day that's still too many times. That's how miserable it is to play on those maps.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

From each design and theme standpoint I love both Midwich and Mount Ormond as a killer from a gameplay standpoint I absolutely despise them.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Midwich is super good for survivor if you know some of the loop links. Hawkins is a giant pile of crap with literally nothing good but maybe like.. 3 pallets. If you don't bring balanced landing, prepare to eat a lot of ass.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I've been getting a lot of Hawkins and Haddonfield. It's driving me nuts. Some Shelter Woods sprinkled in, with the bad RNG. You know, where gens are at every corner of the map, having one pop every time I try and cross.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Wait, you're getting Midwich?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I played 6 games today and 4 were on saloon, one of those with an offering. I don't mind saloon but variety is nice.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i get the corn maps most and i'm sick of them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

i get ormond 99% of the time. take that map please

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I wouldn't mind them if they were actually designed well. Sure, the aesthetics are great, but I'd prioritise gameplay over looks. Give Hawkin's some actual safe pallets and give Midwich more ways up/down and not a 'Hold W to loop the killer' design.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

My god man, we dont see eye to eye on a lot, but I am in total agreement. Those two maps are hell.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 961

Just A Thought....

Map Voting System?

Or

Tick off 2-4 Maps Player does not want to see by choice 🤔

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

I’d rather have Midwich than any of the Swamp Maps or Shelter Woods

• Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34

When i play killer i only get Azarov's resting place

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I played 5 killer games, 4 were on indoor maps.

I’d take Haddonfield over Hawkins or Midwich any day.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

Hmm, I knew people hated the indoor maps like Hawkins and Midwich, aswell as HaddonField, swamp, red forest, and corn maps, but I never knew people didn't like Ormond or shelter woods, and I thought more people hated the meat plant, lerys, and Yamaoka estate. I also thought the bottleneck maps like azarovs were unanimously hated for how easy it is to get 3 genned.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

like I get why people hate certain maps but like...... thats life? want a different map bring an offering thats what theyre there for right?

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

I wouldn't oppose deleting Midwich as well, but yes those two maps are unplayable. If I get them I run at the killer to be killed.

DBD is NOT game designed for internal maps, plain and simple

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Whenever I spawn on Hawkins I literally say

"I'm dead, we're dead."

I swear, every single time.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I almost never see Midwich since they took it off of priority (thank god). Hawkins I always see when I happen to choose a killer that doesn't do well on that map (which sucks bc I've been trying to practice Nurse recently & it's all this map or Lery's). I also see a lot of Disturbed Ward & Ormond (two awful killer maps). And for some reason Wrecker's yard keeps popping up a lot. That one I'm not too mad about.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

By the way, in a map with saloon, they was changed bushes??? Cuz they are way smaller then was before????

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Hawkins is easy, it’s my favourite map

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited July 2020

The only maps that I enjoy playing on are Gideon, Haddonfield and Lerys. I genuinely dislike all other maps. Fun guy that I am.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If we rework all corn maps and ormond along with it, sure.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Oh really? Well all I’ve been getting is Badham, Haddonfield, Badham, Badham, Badham, Yamaoka, BADHAM, Haddonfield as an offering, Cowshed, BADHAM.

Hawkins and Midwich are sooooo boring for any killer that’s not a stealth killer.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I wish I got to play on Midwich more, but Hawkins is terrible.

Unfortunately I've just been stuck on Blood Lodge for aout the last 15 matches.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

When I play a non stealth killer I get Hawkins or game. When I switch to GF I only get azarov’s.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I wonder which kind of gameplay and testing these devs do before uploading them to the ptb, every licensed chapter map is just bad