Supernatural DLC speculation

Alright so user that goes by Deanwinchester showed me a video where supernatural is brought up to Mathieu Cote and his reaction. When asked when supernatural is coming to the game, Cote didn't say anything but had this reaction

Now I know this could mean absolutely nothing, but a little speculation won't hurt. In my opinion, it looks like he's hiding somehting. Like he's signed a non-disclosure agreement, and he can't say yes or no to the statement of supernatural coming to dbd. Like I said, it's probably nothing, however I REALLY hope it's a sign. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited July 2020

I mean, I wouldnt get too hyped or invested, as it seems they really are going out of their way to mislead people (dataminers, theorists, etc), but I would SO be down for that. Weve had 2 survivors once already, and Supernatural has plenty of baddies to choose from.

Also, wheres the video? Want to show a friend.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

Sam and Dean hunt and kill demons. I doubt they'd be afraid from what the game has to offer.

But Cheryl Mason killed a god and she somehow runs from an obese man throwing gas bombs so what do you know.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I've never watched a single episode.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

Having Supernatural would be amazing. I would definitely main a dean. :D

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I love Supernatural but part of that fan base is psychotic - can look at William Shatners Twitter to see what he puts up with from them. Think if any of that part of the fan base joined they would flip out anytime Dean or Sam were sacrificed or mori'd. 😂

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Supernatural's fandom is so crazy the show itself called it out many, many times. 😂

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

Supernatural? Isn't that some booty drama TV show??

Also, I don't know about you, but that reaction looks a lot more like "Ohmygod these fukn idiots keep suggesting anything and everything and I'm at the end of my goddamn rope right now with these misfits"

Especially that second and third one.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

There’s also plenty of people who have never seen an episode of Stranger Things or watched Halloween or Nightmare On Elm Street who play this game. What point were you trying to make exactly?

• Seiko300
    edited July 2020

A lot of things would be financially beneficial, that's not something particularly unique to that fanbase and it's kind of the entire point of licensed chapters to begin with.

As far as I'm concerned the reason for adding in Stranger Things was because of it's tone and setting. It takes place during the 80's the time when Slasher movies and horror were most popular and at their peak, you know, the entire genre that Dead By Daylight hails from? Movies like Hellraiser, The Evil Dead, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Thing, Aliens, The Shining, etc. All released during this surge of popularity and interest during the 80s or saw new installments for their respective franchise during that decade.

So because the 80s are so synonymous with slasher horror and because Stranger Things is a new and popular ongoing show that invests in such culture and in the exact same kinds of horror it makes sense. It feels nostalgic for that era and yet remains a fresh, unique, and novel story to interest modern audiences, which is an impressive balancing act in itself. It makes sense to add it in.

As far as I can tell Supernatural doesn't, it sounds like it has more to deal with werewolves and vampires than slasher villains like Michael Myers. Judging from your own description "hunt monsters and demons" I would say I'm right. Not to mention if it had been going on for 15 seasons that just sounds like the show was milked well past its expiration date by the time it aired its final episode in 2019.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

I have a feeling it will at least be December’s DLC, simply because the show is ending this year & he DOES look like he’s hiding something lol.

But then, if that’s true, don’t they usually follow people related to the license on Twitter? I’m not sure entirely, but I’ll keep hoping regardless. It’s nice to see a lot of people are on board with the idea.

• TheLastGreatStar

The Devs definitely read what people say and I’ve seen plenty of people asking for a Supernatural chapter on and off this forum. So I like to think it’s not a matter of if but when? And I could definitely see Jared and Jensen wanting to do voice work. There’s so many cosmetics they could bring and I would definitely be buying them all. 😂

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I'd be down for a paragraph with sam and dean, maybe even a castiel legendary skin. I wouldn't get my hopes up with his reaction though.

• Seiko300
    edited July 2020

Yes sir I was, alongside many other people including popular content creators like Paulie Esther and The King, and let me tell you it was the first time I've ever been so utterly and completely wrong about a chapter.

But lightning never strikes twice. So don't count on it happening again chief

I think you're getting a bit heated over nothing. I've never actually seen the show so I have no idea whether I like it or not, but I am making a few inferences based on what meager speculation OP provided. I bothered to reply because we're talking about Supernatural in conjunction with Dead By Daylight, a game I do like and do play and do know about and I'm sure many on these forums do as well (or did in the past).

Personally I prefer these lighthearted speculative threads over the constant high-tension threads about DS, NOED, Keys, and Moris. Topics many including myself are vehemently passionate about but it's incredibly difficult to sustain those heated conversations week in and week out without feeling some kind of energy drain. Which is why I like to pop in to places like here, but people like you have to ruin it by getting so worked up and gatekeep entire conversations and threads. Sorry you don't like my opinion?? It is what it is.

• DeanWinchester

They did voice work before & they seemed to have fun with it, so I bet they would! Sam & Dean are also very close to their hearts. Somehow I can’t see them wanting other people voicing their characters if they can help it 😂

And yeah I’ve seen it asked for a few years now, so hopefully it’ll make an appearance. They’d have a whole new army of players & people buying that dlc lmao.

• TheLastGreatStar

I’ve been wanting more survivors to have voices ever since Ash was released and Sam and Dean would definitely fit the profile as they could have some really fun dialogue included with them. It would be cool to also get a killer, but I wouldn’t mind a paragraph chapter as it’s mainly Sam and Dean I want.

What could be interesting is they could have them like Legion, where they come together but you’re able to unlock a P3 outfit for both. It would save the Devs having to come up with 6 perks then as they’re both brothers and both hunters so it’d make sense for them to have the same perks.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

No it's okay, I thought the same too at first, hell I even went as far as saying Silent Hill would never come to dbd but look how wrong we was lol.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, life is full of surprises

• DeanWinchester

Same. I’d be fine with a paragraph, but I’ve been hearing they might not wanna do those anymore? Not sure, but if they did do a full chapter, they have tons of monsters to choose from lol.

And true, though I wouldn’t mind 6 new perks. We need some new strong ones 😂 I feel like especially in the high ranks, everyone runs close to the same build lol. Killers could use some new perks too. I know what you mean though! It’s a lot of work to make a chapter with 2 survivors.

• Seiko300

Indeed it is.

But I don't go through life habitually expecting surprises and miracles, though we can all hope for them.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Nah i doubt this even more than FNaF at this point.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353
  • TheLastGreatStar

Count me as one of those people that want Buffy Anne Summers as a survivor. 😂

And I agree with everything else you said. This game has never been about catering to slashers / 80s so I don’t even know where that came from. How exactly are Wraith, Billy and Trapper remotely slasher villains? And they’re who the game started with. It’s a HORROR survival game. Horror has a lot of sub-genres. And we’re now seeing that being explored a lot more with the huge variety of killers we’ve got.

Whether or not you like or have even seen Supernatural is irrelevant, it fits in with the game. Fact. It’s a fantasy / horror show and this is a fantasy / horror game. There shouldn’t even be a discussion surrounding whether or not there’s a place in Dead By Daylight for Sam and Dean as the answer will always be yes.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

What? Why? I think it has really good odds of getting a place in the game.

• TheLastGreatStar

It’ll honestly be such a missed opportunity if they never add Sam and Dean. They just scream Dead By Daylight to me. I’d definitely feel sorry for every other survivor though as I’ll never play anybody else. I’d just alternate between the Winchester bros.

The fact we got a Stranger Things chapter and that the recent survey had television shows listed as an option for licensed characters makes me feel nothing but hopeful that a Supernatural chapter is on the horizon. I can’t see it being too hard to obtain the rights either.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

After looking up some monsters from the show i do admit it being pretty interesting that they have a literal Entity as a enemy in the show.

But it's honestly just a gut feeling i have/ignorance of the show that makes me think so.

• DeanWinchester

It really would be. I swear I’m not being biased either lmao. Even as a fan, I could admit if something would or wouldn’t fit into DBD. Sam and Dean fit the bill perfectly. My other survivors would all collect dust too if Sam & Dean were in the game LOL.

I’m definitely really hopeful too. They’ve already gone through Warner Brothers anyway, and they seem pretty chill with letting their content be crossed over into games. So I can’t see it being too difficult to get the license either.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

It makes sense to doubt something if you know little about it. I think if you discovered just how huge the fan base is and how dedicated they all are, you’d see just how much potential it has lol

and i know it needs more than just dedicated fans. but it has so many different monsters that would work well with DBD. or they could even just do a paragraph & bring Sam & Dean in as survivors. no killer or map 🤷

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

"I've never watched a single episode" means "I've never watched a single episode". The point being, I am unfamiliar with the franchise. I hadn't seen any Stranger Things either until DBD announced it was releasing a Stranger Things chapter. I watched the show to familiarize myself and enjoyed it.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

Is it a good show? (And is it on Netflix? 😏)

I need something new to watch. After finishing The Order I crave some more fantasy type shows with werewolves and stuff.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

To both of you being unfamiliar, I will say it’s a good show (: Seasons 1 through 5 especially. The first season is mostly setup, introducing you to the characters and hunting / killing monsters. (Werewolves, wendigos, vampires, demons, you name it) but it blossoms into a much broader story. Also, the dialogue & bantering the brothers makes for a good chuckle.

• TheLastGreatStar

I’m the same way. I’m not letting my love for the show cloud my judgement, because there’s plenty of other things I love that I wouldn’t suggest for the game as they don’t fit in the slightest. But when it comes to the horror genre, everything is pretty much fair game.

I just know we’re going to get a Supernatural chapter. I can just feel it.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@mrpieseller May you post a link to the video? I presume it was recored recently?

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

A lot of people are hating on this idea for some reason. Haters gonna hate, we need a Supernatural DLC.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I NEED a Supernatural DLC in my life. Just shut up and take my money!

If Stranger Things got into dbd, then I can't see why SPN would be an issue. It fits well with the game imo as there's plenty of monsters/demons to choose from to be the killer, and obviously Sam and Dean would be the survivors. There's also tons of legendary skin possibilities (personally I'd die for a Cas skin)

• DeanWinchester
    edited July 2020

For everyone wondering about what video the screenshots were from. It was uploaded about 4 or 5 days ago. The Supernatural comment is at roughly 19:20 if I remember correctly.

• TheLastGreatStar
  • mrpieseller
    mrpieseller Member Posts: 134

I was going to link it, but as you can see, @DeanWinchester already beat me to it, right above my comment 😂

• mrpieseller
    mrpieseller Member Posts: 134

Yes it is! It's an amazing show, and also on Netflix. Every season and the first half of season 15 is on Netflix. The second half will be airing this fall!

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

Thanks!

Now I have something new to binge watch 😃😅