Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oni nerf idea

Midori_21
Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

My friend had an oni nerf idea, because she thinks he's a bit too hard to escape. Personally I think this is a stupid idea and isn't necessary, but I want to get everyone else's opinion.Her idea is to make his power like Myers' stalk. Myers can only get a certain amount of stalk off of each survivor, so she thinks oni should only be able to get so much blood out of survivors. I'd like to hear what other people think of this. I think it's a bad idea though.

Comments

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Many Oni players tend to say that survivors drops way too much blood orbs or the other way around- Oni requires too few blood orbs to fuel his power, so the problem may be there.

It's not the mechanic, but the ressources who can cause some issues.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yeah no, as an Oni main that was a Billy main back a year ago, I don't want more nerfs to the killers I like, tell her to pre drop pallets, that is a really uncalled for nerf.

• JaviDonatelli
    JaviDonatelli Member Posts: 20

Please stop crying

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

He's perfectly balanced as he is.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

He is strong, he is not broken. He is an M1 killer out of his power but very strong in his power. This means he is both fun to play as because of that power rush you get and fun to play against because of the difficulty and the different mechanics. No nerfs are needed, a killer doesn't need to have many restrictions to be considered "balanced".

Also don't use that "my friend" excuse, no one posts an idea like this in a forum if they really dislike it/think it is stupid or whatever. If you want to share your idea be open to criticism.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Just slap on another cooldown for his cooldown. Done.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Like escape in what way?

Escape the trial as the last survivor? That's more a problem of the endgame in general. The last survivor should be the hardest survivor the kill, but more often than not the gates spawn too close to each other and makes it impossible to get out without finding the hatch. Then factor in high mobility killers and suddenly the survivor knows they ain't getting out.

Escape from the Oni's power? He's fine. I do think survivors drop a little too much blood, especially for how long his power lasts, but he's fairly fine other than that.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Oni doesn't need a nerf, p1ss off thanks.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

Maybe a neat idea for an add-on?

"Tremendously increases the blood dropped by injured survivors.

Each survivor will only drop a limited amount of blood during the trial."

The only issue is that Mikey just needs to tap M2 to see if he's sucked someone dry, whereas Oni would need to either hit them or watch them perform an action, so maybe it would need some kind of HUD indicator.

But no, I don't think he needs a base kit nerf.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    edited July 2020

I play a lot of Oni on PS4. I do think he's fine as is. You can think I'm using a "my friend" excuse, but I'm not. I was playing a match against Oni with some friends and one of them suggested that. So, after the match, i opened my laptop to get other opinions on it. I've made other discussions with ideas I had, and taken criticism for them, this one was not my idea.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

While the idea is interesting, I do not want mechanics to overlap with other killers. People already call oni a Myers/Billy ripoff. Besides the best thing to do against oni is hide and heal and hope your teammates hide as well instead of working on a gen.