The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why killers repeatedly hit the last hooked survivor

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
It's equally ######### as teabag.

Comments

• Kasies
    Kasies Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2018
    Dont forget the 1% that are tired of teabagging.... 
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Peasant said:
    While I am not condoning this behavior, something tells me 60% do it because they're jerks and 40% do it because they have nothing else to do.
    Being a killer main I can say it’s 98% having nothing else to do and 2% being jerks
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I only hit when 

1. I miss the altruistic survivor 

2. That survivor was a jerk or had ds
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Why not?
    There literally nothing left to do most of the time once the last survivor is hooked.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Because it's disrespectful?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They're dicks. There's no excuse for this behavior.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    It’s simply unclassy. Only non-creative Killers do this as a “fall-back” move. As a Killer main it helps being good at role playing according to your Killer. Doing this makes Trials more fun and engaging for everyone.
  • Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

I only do this as Leatherface at the end of a match because it's so entertaining to hear that meaty sound.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I used to do this all the time until I learned it doesn’t speed the hook process, lol.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

I know some killers gave me WGLF stacks because there was someone else hooked behind me in the basement, I didn't mind that. Otherwise it's just childish, like teabagging.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    BM.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Eveline said:
    It's equally ######### as teabag.

They are annoyed that they got genrushed and let out their frustration

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    I do it a couple times to the first hook, sometimes they put themselves into second stage.

The last hooked survivor, its satisfying to hit them and nod.
  • DinoCannibal69
    DinoCannibal69 Member Posts: 25
    I do it all the time, mostly for the last survivor. Not being malicious just fun.
  • Yeah, there isn't too much you can do. You could search for pallets or generators you neglected, but it's only an extra 100 points and it's kind of tedious. You can bob your head up and down which is entertaining for like, 3 seconds. Hitting the Survivor is just kinda fun because you get to see the animation and something is happening. Plus, as someone who plays Cannibal, I love chainsawing somebody on the hook because of the frequent screaming, it really let's me get used to the sound of a Meg in pain. I frickin' hate Meg, but I'm only going to touch upon that if some dork makes the mistake of asking me to.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Practising huntress hatchets throws. Trying to gauge distance and speed for future games nothing personal. 
  • Eveline
    Don't cry about being teabagged by survivors then. Don't be hypocrites.
  • Orion

@Eveline said:

The only hypocrites are those that BM Survivors and don't want BM in return. The people who've spoken out against this in this thread don't BM Survivors (at the very least, not in this manner). Good job telling people who've literally come here to express their support to ######### off, though...

• Eveline
    I meant people who do that, relax. :)
  • Zarathos
    Eveline said:
    How does that relate to practising a skill like aiming a hatchet with the huntress. People with egos so big they teabag and hit hooked survivours have no class. But i guess giving the popularity of some streamers it pays off to be a toxic bad mannered player.
  • Eveline
    You can practice it on moving targets it's more challenging. :)
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    Yeah, there isn't too much you can do. You could search for pallets or generators you neglected, but it's only an extra 100 points and it's kind of tedious. You can bob your head up and down which is entertaining for like, 3 seconds. Hitting the Survivor is just kinda fun because you get to see the animation and something is happening. Plus, as someone who plays Cannibal, I love chainsawing somebody on the hook because of the frequent screaming, it really let's me get used to the sound of a Meg in pain. I frickin' hate Meg, but I'm only going to touch upon that if some dork makes the mistake of asking me to.

Yeah...well I don’t particularly like Leatherface’s squealing pig noises and duck waddling but we can’t all have what we want can we?

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I hate when killers hit you over and over again like idiots. If it is the last survivor then it’s not really that big of a deal but if you do that constantly to whoever in on the hook in the middle of the match it is just BM.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they like their meat soft i guess.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I just let it happen and minimize until the whole sacrifice process happened and move on. Doesn't really bother me too much.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    For me, I do it because they are the one who is injured and they would be the more likely one to down between the two if they got unhooked right next to me. And really, this is an efficiency thing. Of course, once I have lost focus on that target (either after they died, escaped or I got away from the hook without seeing anyone trying to unhook them) then I tunnel that ######### who was stupid enough to unhook someone right in front of me.

Edit: misunderstood what you meant.
    A lot of killers do this to silence the scream of a survivor or to signal to them "Oh my god please stop struggling because I am impatient"
  • Zarathos
    Eveline said:
    You can practice it on moving targets it's more challenging. :)
    Not at the end of the game when everyone is sacrificed then you might as well do something constructive while the survivour is struggling. Obviously i wouldnt throw a game to to take potshots at a hooked survivour i might be attempting to predict a shot at the hooked survivour from the distance as their getting unhooked. 
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    I only due it if they were a nuisance that match.  

If I can get toxic Survivors hooked, I do it to but that rarely happens.  Toxic SWF groups always beat me and makes me want to mori myself. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Eveline said:

I will never BM a survivor playing without crutches and not BMing.
    But if you dont wanna stick to my codex, then I dont see a reason to stick to yours :wink:

• Knex4545
    Knex4545 Member Posts: 95

I do it cause what else is there to do? The match is over and its just sort of a friendly whack. A "good game" if you would. At least to me. Trust me its not out of aggression. At least for some of us. Personally I give one whack then look to where the camera should be so they can see my face full frame.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Got me. I've adopted a "Cool killers don't watch the last sacrifice" attitude myself.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Childhood issues
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Got me. I've adopted a "Cool killers don't watch the last sacrifice" attitude myself.

Glad to know I not the only one who respects the dead.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890
    edited September 2018
    There is only one reason most of them do it; they're douchebags. Simple as that.

A good killer goes off and finds pallets to break or gens to kick. Some will just go off and have a bit of fun e.g. Hillbillys chainsaw around the map, Hags and Trappers go and set traps for points, Nurses go blinking around the map etc.

I'll tell what is funny. Freddys trying to hit you when you're on the hook.
  • m3dicookie
    m3dicookie Member Posts: 74

timetolearn a teabag is called that because its done on your face. but what the survivors are doing is twerking lets get it right.

killers are doing that ether to say this person was a punk and i'm gonna camp them and hit them because they upset them. they are doing it to say hey i'm gonna camp go do something else.

• Eveline
    But sometimes they are upset after I was good at escaping them. They get so pissed that if they eventually get me, they mock me until I'm dead. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Because Survivors teabag at exits and hatches.

• Eveline
    Explain why they do it to the survivors who don't.
  • @Eveline said:

Maybe they're just #########, who really cares.
    Explain to me why there had to be a forum page about this...

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I just go and look for gens/pallets to break because I want more points.
  • Eveline
    edited September 2018
    This really makes me not to want to play this game anymore. It happens all the time.
  • Orion

@Eveline said:
    This really makes me not to want to play this game anymore. It happens all the time.

That's how some Killers feel about the stale Survivor meta, as well as troll SWF groups.

• Eveline
    edited September 2018
    Let's just give up then. I only encounter toxic killers these days. As well as t-bagging survivors.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Peasant said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

Glad to know I not the only one who respects the dead.

Naw, more like "You aren't worth tormenting" :p

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Was the last survivor, killer chased me for three minutes. Don't even care.
    Neither should you.
    You do - they win
  • serabeth90
    serabeth90 Member Posts: 100

I didn't even know it was rude tbh....I thought I was just swinging as I waited for the match to end and there was nothing else to do. That was when I first started the game. Now that I am Hag main, I just spam put down traps for extra points.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited September 2018
    Like you mentioned it's a killers way to teabag. It feels good to finish off a hard fought 4k with making the DS user scream until they give out. Survivors get their fun teabaging at exits so I hit you on the hook deal with it. (If you are so annoyed by it maybe just stop struggling.) If you are struggling as the final survivor alive then you are asking me to hit you. Seriously let me go to the next game!!!!
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Eveline said:

Explain why Survivors do it to normal Killers.

• Eveline
    Do what, tea-bag? Because they are toxic.