Dead by Daylight: Story Mode

Options
ZtarShot
ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Maybe this is outrageous. Maybe this is a crazy idea. But I want a story mode Dead by Daylight.

The Archives stories are fine I guess, but I really wanna dive deep into the lore and see how a story like this would unfold.

A lot of people probably think this is stupid but hear me out: we've been playing the same game mode day in and day out for a while, so it would be nice to have Dead by Daylight without all the stress of a regular game.

I don't want to put any ideas out except for one: the whole thing is from a survivors perspective. Maybe a Story Mode exclusive survivor?

Comments

• yusdacra
    yusdacra Member Posts: 56
    Options

Why only survivor?

• ZtarShot
    Options

How would a plot of a mindless maniac with only the sense to kill for some ungodly being work out in a story mode?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I've always liked the idea of playing singleplayer in this setting.

Though i know experienced players could probably burn easily through a story mode, since the AI is gonna be incredibly weak.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I love it when games have online and story mode.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I want a story mode including all the of the survivors lore.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'd like a singleplayer mode.

As survivor, just you, Ai teammate, and a AI killer.

As killer. You and 4 Ai bots.

Killer story challenges.

Story Mode. Survivors have to work together to complete odd challenges while in Limbo. This mode is the area where Entity throws out hopeless survivors. Like repair a generator while the Entity Claw has impaled a survivor. Each backfire brings them closer to death. Most of the gameplay would be like Saw movies with traps.

Post edited by Deadsea on
  • ZtarShot
    Options

My thoughts on a story mode would be like a customizable survivor exclusive to story mode would go through trials making bonds with other survivors. And throughout the story the survivors would find a way to escape the Entity's realm, but only that character would be allowed out. And maybe for killer we could see a killer not yet ready to serve the Entity and we see how it drives killers to madness.