The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Killers with no counter-play"

I've been playing dbd since it came to ps4 for free one month back in 2018 and since I've been playing the game I've really enjoyed it, but very quickly I noticed that there was a lot of balancing issues on both sides, I personally play survivor more and I've noticed that majority of the killers played legit have no counter-play. Killers like pyramid head and deathslinger are just some examples. It's also bad for the killer because you can still lose with them so it's not even fun for either side, not to mention the billy rework that changed his base kit and has since made him worse, even with the new changes and killers being implemented into the game and I would just like to see better changes and killers. in conclusion, ghostface should also lose stalk progression when you reveal him :)

Comments

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

How do you counter a projectile that can shoot in less than a second and a sword that can be canceled in less than a second and m1'd?

• azame

Definitely that's your best bet play weird and rush gens he needs a buff with gen pressure but his 1v1 chase is crazy strong. I can usually do good in chase by breaking Los and making distance but I hate the fact that I have to guess.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

How true all of these are is hilarious to me, don’t know why

also here is one to add onto legion, try and make them miss when they are chasing you in frenzy

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343
  • CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

#########, sorry man. I even told them that Demogorgon's counter is moving 1 foot to the side, and I MAIN him, I'm such an idiot!

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Lmao, you missed Spirit, but I guess her "counterplay" is just guess correctly or hope to God you have Iron Will.

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

I'm on PS4 and got game the same way as OP, took a break for at least 6 months until recently so Deathslinger and P.Head were new to me and I felt similar to OP, "Oh, these are just overpowered pay to win killers obviously" but that was mostly because the first half dozen encounters with P.Head or Deathslinger they were well practiced killers. I've since played against baby killer versions of both and it's kinda just sad how they'll get outplayed especially P.Head.

Like with many killers it can all come down to how useful/helpful your team mates are.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

Just wanted to correct something. With Plague, if all the pools get used, they DO become normal cleansing pools again...but the Plague also immediately gets corrupt purge. You said she doesnt get ANYTHING, which is false.

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

Plague gets her Corrupt Purge when the survivors cleanse at all of her fountains

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

I try to dip my toes into each killer and fortunately Plague is not one that I've slouched on.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

One thing, you missed Spirit. Her counterplay is iron will. And it sucks that you need a perk for her, but atleast it's not a bad perk like calm spirit which is only good against doctor

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

Spirit’s (usually) run Stridor though which also counters iron will.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Iron Will is great perk overall imo. I don't use it to counter Spirit, I use it to help me hide while injured.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

I can't ######### believe that this many people responded to this seriously when you are practically screaming "it's a joke!" Especially that last line. People on the internet will never understand sarcasm.

:(

• SlasherBait
    SlasherBait Member Posts: 9

Look, I survivor main, and any killer played well is hard to beat, and they should be! So many survivors whine about how unbalanced the game is, but here's the thing, the killer is one and the survivors are four. The killer should be powerful, like really powerful, because all supernatural killers are really powerful and this is a horror game. Enjoy the play, accept your losses, and understand this game would be alot less fun if the killers were weak.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

tell me one legitimate counter to spirit instead of just "MiNdGAmE hEr"survivors say its boring because you arent able to incorporate any experience into the chase its just guessing, theres no input on the survivors end that can change the outcome im sorry but you cant just dismiss this as " oh your entitled because you cant bully them " again the killers that are fun to verse are killers like huntress, billy even nurse to some extent

also i hate when people say this because good spirits run stridor

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208

You see that is something that irritates me a lot. If some survivors feel that a killer can't be countered in a way that they're normally comfortable with they say the killer is broken and ask for a nerf. And I SPECIFICALLY remember a post like that when Pyramid Head was still on the PTB. They couldn't loop him from pallets or anything and they asked for a nerf to change his ranged attack. Please try a different play style than what you're used to. As a part-time on both sides here's a tip: If spine chill stays lit up with any killer in general then that's your call to leave and hide somewhere else and stay stealthy yourself

(Please notice the use of the word, "Some" because I'm not saying all survivors are like that)

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Ah yes killer mains, everything related to killer is fine and has the perfect amount of counter play - but asking someone to not try and pick up a survivor within 60 seconds of them being unhooked is too hard and too much to ask for.

Also yes Ghostface should lose his stalk, considerIng how he can stalk you while you’re fiddling with the camera for 5 minutes trying to get it to actually reveal him, not to mention how he can pop out from behind a wall and go back repeatedly so that he can get stalk on you but you cant get the full reveal on him. Your progress resets, his doesnt. Feels fair...

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Play super cautious against her when not injured so you don’t get injured, like you would against Oni. Becoming injured is basically feeding her free info so play safe and not greedy.

If she phases when she’s chasing you in the open (you can tell she’s doing this because she’ll be following you and then stop in her tracks, or stop following you just out of LoS), start walking in an unpredictable direction or double back over your own scratch marks. Don’t just run in a straight line/beeline to a pallet.

If she may or may not be phasing when you’ve just dropped a pallet, don’t vault the pallet back towards her or walk back towards her side of the loop. Start to walk away from the loop to another nearby pallet/window while keeping her in your field of view. If she was faking she’ll start to come after you and you can run, if she wasn’t faking she’ll have to guess where you went.

Split up and pressure gens. Don’t play injured; if you get hurt, heal. That said NEVER heal under the hook because she can phase back and down you again. Walk (don’t run) away when unhooked and go heal somewhere with safety.

If you’re in her terror radius you won’t hear her phasing so don’t do totems, heals or gens in her terror radius, she’ll hear you and grab/attack you. If you’re outside of her terror radius you’ll hear her phasing towards you so just move away.

Avoid running through grass when she’s phasing and try to avoid crows as both of these will give you away.

Windows in long walls are especially good against her as she can’t fake her phase and watch what you do, she has to vault (you can see it), phase after you (you can throw her off) or chase you around normally (she’s 110%). In fact breaking LoS is useful against her in general, try to break LoS and then don’t just run in a predictable loop.

These are some of the things I bear in mind when facing the uncounterable Spirit, hope it helps!

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Thanks so much most of the killers i had a lot of problems with

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020

Spirit is the only killer I would argue, that if your good enough with, has practically no counter play.

Even Nurse as a relatively simple, yet very effective counter play, that can waste a lot of time.

Things like this, is why people dislike Spirit. And probably want to see her nerfed, since the DEVs did just nerf a balanced character with a fair bit of counter play for no reason.

Logically, Spirit would get nerfed right?

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Yeah but wish she said to pay attention to where and where trapper chases and where he has been also that if you go to a loop and see the pig crouch just keep running

Yeah I was on suffocation pit with 2 t and l to a long wall jungle gym but positioned where a window to the jungle gym and if he tried to mindgame a t and l I would have a guaranteed fast vault to the other and then the jungle gym and because he wasnt good with his power I looped him forever

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

How are you not able to incorporate experience? You can learn the tendencies of the particular spirit you are playing against and use those to make a read on what she will do. “Just guessing” is part of literally any competitive game. The fact that other killers have very few mind games to enforce is an outlier in games, and probably shows that killer in general needs a rework.

• azame

Exactly this the moment we ask for some information on spirit it's a problem but you cant let a survivor be on the ground for 60 seconds damn.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

Yeah, the hypocrisy I'm seeing here is pretty great. Especially the BHVR-esque laundry list of 'got this killer? try these easy steps for guaranteed success!' that doesn't even scratch the surface of some of the legitimate concerns people have and doesn't even take into consideration ANY nuances such as, but not limited to 'just get in a locker with doctor' who might have iron maiden or a spirit with stridor (although I've learned a stupid, yet fun trick with spirit).

Not that this particular example is that big of an issue, but the point is that even the same killer played by different people can be a completely different experience which the post doesn't even consider. It's just a blanket statement that acts like every game against x killer will be the same thing, different lobby, which is insulting to both the survivors and killer in play.

It's okay for people to make unrealistic lists acting like saying 'your counter is to not get caught/use pallets duh' is fool proof information, but how dare you insinuate countering DS is easier than it's ever been. Nobody seems to remember how bad it used to be.

Anybody who gives an iota of a damn about this game doesn't want killers to be mind numbingly easy to go against as their argument always suggests, otherwise why play at all? That doesn't mean every match you have against x killer should feel damn near impossible.

With the DC ban system down, almost EVERY time I see Freddy all three of my teammates leave. I'm blessed if no one leaves a Freddy game. If that isn't telling you something I don't know what is. That's not to say I want him to go back to how he was, just that in most games he's pretty oppressive. 'Oh boy, another Freddy that probably has pop.'

I think everyone is pretty sad about the Billy change because it wasn't needed nor asked for.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Agreed. Only killer I've been having a rough time against is huntress and pyramid head but he's still new and I'm learning. While huntress... I can't tell when they run out of hatchets because they are literally in m1 range and has m1d me before so I assume they have none until they hit me with a hatchet point blank range😔😔😔

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

I don't agree on this because people use ds most of the time because they know they are safe at times I've had survivors run up to me with ds to save someone I was chasing which is weird because I continued chasing the other person. People just feel safe when using it and tend to play dumb imo. I try not to tunnel or w.e. but survivors just beg to get chased is what I'm saying and even if I wasn't tunneling that person they still have ds🤔 idk this is weird to me.

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67

There is no counterplay to Pyramid Head right now. He can just hold his range and cancel it into basic attack at any time. There is no commitment needed. He isn't even slowed down when holding it. Basically you can just hold it forever until the survivor uses a pallet / window, or until you caught up with the survivor and cancel it into a basic attack.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

Another underrated perk I find useful against Rin is 'Fixated': lose LoS and scooch on out of the area when she phases. It also helps with manipulating scratch marks since you can see how they spawn. Won't work EVERY time but it definitely helps

• coolking094
    coolking094 Member Posts: 2

I understand what you mean i started playing at the same time (except I'm a killer main) however all killers have counter play it's just that some has very little (except a good nurse) for example a deathslingers harpoon shot is unreactable if you are closer than 12 meters and he can constantly zone you just through A.D.S and a good nurse has no counter the game has a lot of balancing issues that come and go (it's gotten slot better) so we'll just have to wait and see

Also ghostface is fine considering his ability takes so long to come back after revealing his detection just needs to be fixed

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

By not being a bot and not full sending it in one direction without looking behind you, chances are if hes close enough to m1 after canceling then 90% of the killer roster is gonna give you a problem because hes slower than them and you're allowing him to gain that distance in the first place by not running titles correctly

• azame
  • EntitledDweet
    EntitledDweet Member Posts: 12

Running spine chill really helps. I was playing against a spirit (same person each time because of their play style and cosmetic) and got absolutely demolished by them (4k with three gens left) every time I played against them. Then I ran spine chill. She got a 1k by the time we finished all the gens. I unlocked a gate but then got downed with noed and face camped (first hook too). Spine chill made all the difference in the world against her.