Is this game survivor sided?

Aaliyah
Aaliyah Member Posts: 52

I am a survivor main and yes I think the game is much easier when you play survivor. But I want to hear it from other players so pls comment! :)

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Then factor maps in it as well... there's maps that killers are better on then there are maps the survivor are better on

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I have always been of the mind that if you somehow set it up to have four survivors of equal skill to the killer, the survivors more often than not would come out on top

The game is pretty well balanced all things considering but there is definitely an edge the survivors get. I don't think it's as huge of an advantage as many on the forum seem to believe (and that doesn't make the Survivor role easy by any means) but I do think the survivors are slightly favored in the balance. If four survivors play mistake free against an equally skilled killer, I would expect at least three of the four survivors to escape every time.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited July 2020

It’s neither IMO.

At base killers have built-in mechanics that allow them to synergize perks/builds (slugging/camping) without being hindered by the game itself. Unlike survivors who can’t do that while using built-in mechanics like vaulting a window. Survivors also do not gain some kind of ‘passive’ status, like Bloodlust.

Even with all that much of the determining factor for whether the game is survivor or killer sided has to do with your skill and the RNG you are presented with through map and tile layouts.

So that’s why I still think it’s neither survivor or killer sided.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

Survivors have the highest average potential but overall the average game is balanced.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

By strength it goes

S-4man

A-3man

B-Killer 2man

C-Solo

All in all I don’t think it tries to be towards one side as both sides have issues that can make it seem pointed to the other side

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

While it might be slightly survivor sided it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. There is still a pretty high random factor involved plus good coordination between survs (def enhanced by SWF), but SWF is another matter and not every SWF is as competitive or coordinated.

killers can always pretty much guarantee a kill if they know a little bit of what to do, but survs are not allowed to call that out and have to suck it up while killers may complain about every bit..