Training for new Players

Options
Aaliyah
Aaliyah Member Posts: 52

Ok, first I am a survivor main who wants to start playing the killer. I already got almost all DLC's and thought that I will have an easy and fun time picking a killer to main. Oh boy, I was wrong. I am rank 13 with the killer but I have paired up with rank 3 survivors. I know many will say "get good" and I know that it needs time to learn how to play as a killer but I want to have a fun experience and not just a hard one. As a survivor main I already know the basics of the game and how it functions. And tbh I think this game is very survivor sided and ALOT easier when you play survivor. I only have 253 hours in the game so I know that I probably miss some knowledge here and there but I want to help the game grow bc rn it's my favorite game out there. So I thought about it for a second and then I thought about a training ground for Survivors and Killers. As a Killer, you can just play around with the ability of the Charakter and for a survivor, you can learn how to loop, etc. I think this will help newer players like myself and would be more fun too! Now please keep in mind that this is only my opinion and thoughts for the game! English isn't my native language sorry if I made some mistakes :) 

Comments

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

You don't need to apologise for english not being your native language. However, you could paragraph your post so it is easier to read.

As for the topic, training ground would be nice for people who don't want to hop in to a match cold with new killer. Not all have friends who are down to play KYF so it can be quite harsh to just hop in to a match learning new stuff. Especially with the current matchmaking.

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89
    Options

Not to mention that killer newbies need loop training too, even if they can loop as survivor, because of the different perspective. I - as a newbie - would love a training ground for loop training as both roles. However, I'd be afraid of that mode to be a very toxic one if matched with the wrong people who'd go there to troll beginners.

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89
    Options

... or anyone who isn't perfect at what they're doing.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Crossplay should help with not having friends... I offer up my service to help those in need

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I wish there was a training ground. If would be alot easier. What I would suggest in the interim is farming games. Once the survivors realize you aren't trying to kill them they'll usually go along with it.

By doing this you'll get them to not rush through the game. This gives you time to play with the killers power. To help get a feel for it. I've found most survivors are willing to help you with this. You can even message them in the pregame lobby to let them know what you're trying to do.

This is not foolproof. And it won't completely replace the experience you gain from playing a real game. But I do believe it to be a viable training method.

• Aaliyah
    Options
  • Aaliyah
    Options

Wow I didn't even think about that! Thanks for the suggestion :)

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options

I learned the basics of the game by watching YouTube videos (I recommend int3r4ct's guides for the individual Killers) and playing with my friends in custom games. It helped me learn the layouts of the maps, as well as learn how to use the individual Killers' powers and how to "mindgame" during chases. If you have any friends who play DBD, you could ask them to teach you.

If none of your friends play DBD, and if you're comfortable with talking to a stranger, I'd be willing to help you out! Just shoot me a message or comment or whatever, and we could try to coordinate a custom game where you can explore the maps, learn, and test tactics :) I've got a few hundred hours of Killer, so I might be able to teach you something worthwhile.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

for real. I wish there was some training room where you could practice skill checks or get a better grip on killer powers.

• Aaliyah
    Options

Thx I would love to! My steam Friendscode is 454283668. If anyone else wants to play too feel free to add me there :)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Good Luck

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options

Sent you a friend request :) I'm the one with the Ghost Face profile picture.