Devs show us the current data of perk usage for survivors!

You showed us the data when you decided to nerf Ruin. I'm over that now & accept Ruin for what it is, but if you want to talk about nerfing perks that seem way too prominent then lets see survivor perk data. Guarentee DS, BT, Iron Will, etc. all show a similar pattern as Ruin did, yet nothing is done about them. I will say Iron Will has probably skyrocketed more recently due to it being bugged, but it was still very meta even before that. My point being, show us just how prominent the meta perks are compared to some of your most useless survivor perks. Change the meta for survivor already!

Comments

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

Usually the data they give us is very vague or misleading. Unless they need it to prove a point about something controversial they want to do.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

Except selfcare still is the same effiency as getting healed by another, as it was before the base healing tweak.

• stealthy_feng101
    stealthy_feng101 Member Posts: 18

Where the hell is the problem with Ds and BT every trash killer main is complaing BT and DS in my eyes this perks are useless if you don't tunnel...

I say dead hard + iron will is a way bigger problem specially with good survs this perks are carrying every trash surv same on the killer side Save the best for last this perk is on all killer strong except from nurse and with 8 stacks is that just OP if you don't have something to loop or a TL wall you are just dead doesn't matter how good you are...

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

The perk stats id enjoy seeing.

How many % of games have this perk.

How many times does someone live while using perk

Then the usual how often is each ran ect.

How id like to see it

Id like to see all games all ranks

And that same all rank data by each platform

And then red rank only by each platform

• stealthy_feng101
    stealthy_feng101 Member Posts: 18

how long you play this game?

Definitely not longer than one year otherwise you know how surviver sided that game was I just say insta heals a real DS doppel pallets perma sprint burst you are complaing like a baby Grey rang killer can't handle a 60 sec perk and BT but I think you are one of that player you just wait for BT god I play way more killer than surviver and I search for SWFs to get a challanges I never had problems with BT or ds I hate one thing way more and this is dead hard, iron will alone iron will is just OP in buildings and dead hard give you are one free loop more that's all my problems with survs perks

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

"...that's all MY problems with survs perks"

And that was my problem, everyone plays different, and if you want to argue using ranks as an excuse, I guess I'll bow down in adoration for you.

The game was broken af back then, yes, but you can't compare how it is now to how it was, that's litteraly "back in my day...", okay, it was harder, but we evolved, so why keep rubbing it in that it was harder when you can do the same thing but way easier?

If you want to complain about DH and IW, go ahead, but also let me complain about DS.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Just chiming in to say the devs said DS IS an anti-tunnel perk, just not "purely" an anti-tunnel perk. Don't know where this false info started.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah cause last time they showed this all those who asked for it misused the data.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

They dont play survivor so they dont care. Anyone with DS gets tunneled out of the game as fast as possible. Often if you dont have BT you dont get a safe unhook. Killers claim hookbombing and sometimes thats true but often its the opposite, kindred shows no survivors anywhere near the hook and yet the killer just circles around it endlessly.

DS/BT are mandatory perks if you want to have fun as a survivor. This is PC EU region.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Agreed. DS is used when a survivor has literally no way to defend themself. Same for BT.

Dead hard just lets people that arent that good at running a killer have an extra 20-30 seconds for free depending on the enviroment.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

The most hard thing about survivors perk balance is hard quote; "How to make perks okay for SWF without harming soloQ survivors and how to make reliable perks for soloQ survivors without making it stupid OP for SWF."

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

They never showed it, they combined all survivor SWF % and escape rate together which will obviously make the numbers terrible as low ranks are bringing down red rank numbers. We wan to see red rank SWF % and escape rate % in comparison to each other rank.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I use self care in red ranks bc I cant rely on randoms who somehow got to red ranks. It's not a bad perk.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

32 seconds of one person's time. 16 seconds of 2 people's time. It's the same amount of time wasted technically.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Not really. It's 16 to 32. 16 seconds wasted of 2 people's time is 16 seconds total. 32 of 1 persons time is 32 seconds.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Instead of nerf the ruin to make it less used, they were able to improve other skills, it was a bad decision on the part of the devs.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I doubt the devs will show us statistics. The last time they did, people misinterpreted them, ignored related facts to "prove" their point in one way or another, and so on.

Here is the same example. Ruin wasn´t nerfed on numbers only, but it being so highly used was part of it.

But the rest of the reason is simply ignored

• voiceofguns27
    voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80

I mean, DS, BT, and dead hard (exhaust) all had changes before ruin. Let alone, how many different types of mends do we have now that act like BT from killer and survivor now? BT is fine as it is along with dead hard for how many times I've seen it screw survivors rather than save them. DS has the easiest counter of all...DON'T TUNNEL THE UNHOOKED SURVIVOR...or play executioner and put them in a cage. BT, DS, we'll make it, kindred, breakout, boil over, deliverance, off the record, sabo, and breakdown perks countered. Can't remember if cage also negates farm forever rescues, too. I think that about covers what pyramid head counters in that aspect.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

DS just need to be disable after touching a gen healing or jumping in locker and be fine as it is now survivors abuse it.

• BloodMoneyMerc

16 seconds of 2 survivors not on gens. 32 seconds of 1 survivor self caring instead of doing gens. Yes two survivors healing wastes only 16 secs, but thats double the survivors out of action compared to survivors that self care. But then again, self caring is such a waste because you give the killer more time to find you or if they are chasing others off of gens then you should be more focused on getting gens done.

• MeatBycicle

Misinterpreted how? You can't misinterpret statistics that are purposefully misconstrued . Read what I asked for earlier about the SWF statistic. They put out a blanket statistic for SWF percentages in each match, and a blanket statistic for SWF escapes overall, this was SWF from ranks 20 through rank 1.

If i remember right they said that only about 60% of matches had SWF in, yet I have been keeping track of every single red rank game I have been in as killer since reset and I haven't had one singular full solo match. Every single match has been at least 2 people SWF minimum.

Of course you can say well that's just my anecdotal evidence, but I can bet you every other red rank killer going against red rank survivors will say the same. Almost every single match has an SWF of some form in it, so it is way beyond 60%. But that 60% statistic they brought up was diluted because of including all other ranks in it.

We only want to see Red Rank SWF % and Red Rank SWF Escape %, because I guarantee you it is incredibly higher than the misconstrued statistics they posted.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Yes but that time is regained very quickly when both of them start working on the gen that only one was on before.

• BloodMoneyMerc

Yeah they received changes, but those perks are still overly strong & game changing (besides dead hard, which I find mostly fair besides that it hard counters bear traps). But DS is not countered by not tunneling. I've had so many times where a survivor somehow still has decisive after me finding & hooking a different survivor. It literally is 60 secs of immunity, granted the survivor doesn't miss the easy skill check. The only counter to it is to slug the survivor or let them get away to work on gens which eliminates any pressure you had with hooked survivors. And if you run Unbreakable with DS, you basically are immune to the slugging part as well. Killers don't have much time to protect gens to begin with, now one perk can single-handly make it hard to even buy back time for yourself. Also, playing 1 killer shouldn't be a solution to a badly designed perk (especially if they're a licensed killer).

• BloodMoneyMerc

Given that they are by a gen & stick on it together. As a solo queue player myself, my teammates are never bright enough to stick by me to crush out a gen.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Well you shouldn't be on gens together in the first place. You should be on separate ones. Only time you double up is to make up progress lost by ruin. So they are usually playing smart by running off.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2020

They already did, the stats didn't line up with what killers thought it was, and was therefore deemed fake, like any other stat the devs release that don't show how "oppressed" killers are.

This data is across Every Player On Every platform.

this data is either 1 / 2 years old though and i suspect it's mostly out of date I would say SWF has increased but there were just as many (if not more complaints) The game has only become easier for killers since then aside from the ruin change but that clearly hasn't had a devastating effect on the game at all from what I've seen in stream etc.

• MeatBycicle

That is exactly what im talking about, that only shows general SWF. We want to see red rank only.

• Seanzu

So you want the data skewed so it only fits a certain narrative?

The issue is, when these stats were released killers swore blind players played with their low ranked friends so they could "bully" low ranked killers so when these stats were released that shouln't have mattered.

Around 7/8% of the player base being a 4man is astronomically low 1 in 12 games you get to use the excuse that you only had a bad game because of SWF.

• MeatBycicle

Data skewed? What are you talking about? Do you not understand how these numbers work? Let me break it down this way, you have 100 people who play basketball, and out of those 100 people 98 of them are complete trash and have never played before in their life, the last two are professional players in the NBA, and you ask every player to score 3 pointers only for lets say 100 shots in a row.

After everyone shoots you put out a statistic saying that "people only make the 3 point shot 20% of the time", yet those professional players were making their shots way more than 20%, but their overall number is being brought down because of the people running the numbers including the other 98 peoples stats with theirs.

Rank 20 - 5 don't matter. Red Ranks is really all that matters, and that is where you see a majority of SWF.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

They showed one from 2019 i believe. Ruin was used by ~80% of Killers, solo q was 50%-52% and then came 2-3-4. Most used perk is DS with 45% of all survivors.

• Seanzu
    edited July 2020

Ahh yes, but then we'd have to remove any SWF that includes a rank 6, or an swf that includes a rank 8, rank means nothing in this game past level 10 lmao, insinuating that rank 1 - 5 is something special is absurd.

Post edited by Seanzu on
  • MeatBycicle

It't not absurd. You don't need to remove the other ranks, just compile them separately. What you said earlier about me wanting skewed stats is exactly what the Devs are doing / did. Every company does this, not just video game developers.

They skew things to fit THEIR narrative, and it just so happens a majority of their player base are survivors so why would they want to release the actual statistics that will go against everything they have been saying so far.

That's why they won't even acknowledge these posts and pretend that they don't exist. SWF in Red Ranks is way higher than stated, escape rate in Red Rank is much higher than stated. Those two are all we want to see, if it wasn't an issue, or they weren't trying to hide these actual numbers why wouldn't they just post them?

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

You don’t understand. It’s 32 seconds either way because the other person could have used their 16 seconds on a gen or doing totems. It’s either 32 seconds alone or 16x2 because it takes to people.

• voiceofguns27
    voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80

It's not a solution to a badly designed perk. I just gave you multiple perks it counters alone. Welcome to pay to win licensed killers.

• pepperoninipples
    pepperoninipples Member Posts: 90

I would say number 1 perk used by survivors is Iron will. I see that atleat 2/4 survivors every game.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Ruin wasn’t nerfed because of high usage rate. The high usage rate gave the devs a reason to LOOK into it not nerf it.

If you cared to read the whole dev post dedicated to the ruin rework you’ll see the reasons why.

1) Not very friendly to new players

2)Inconsistent skill checks

3) Gave free pressure on survivors with the killer doing absolutely nothing

Clearly you and many others are still salty about the ruin rework.

• MeatBycicle

You know what else isn't fun or fair to new players? Going against red rank SWF with their rank 20 teammate while being a new killer. Thats chill tho right?

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

MM is not related to ruin rework so not sure why you brought that up