Please...I don’t wanna see the Silent Hill background to leave

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Let us choose what background we can get in lobbies, fit with the music along with it.

I don’t wanna see the Silent Hill menu leave

Comments

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

@Peanits If this would be possible at some point, please let us know.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    edited July 2020

Picking the background and music you want would be bloody brilliant. I'd keep the Silent Hill theme but mix it with the first Halloween theme they did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4AVjPt7tU&t

• celestialking24
    celestialking24 Member Posts: 29

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. I really love the rain pouring down and think it'd be cool to customize the screen and music to our own personal liking.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Pyramid Head got a really rough deal. Three weeks of his six allocated theme weeks were taken by the anniversary event.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I can see why they have it this way as its advertising the current chapter.

I do really like this idea however and wish we could change it.

I would love a background with the halloween music playing with the strode house in the distance and Myers looking out from behind a hedge row stalking Laurie walking home.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

They won't let you change it because its actually an Ad.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I second this.

The rain and the sound of the armless, faceless, creatures wriggling in barbed wire was really soothing to me.

I don't want it to go. :c

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I mean they can still automatically change the menu when new DLCs/events are released, I wouldn't mind that as long as I can change it back after a day or so.

It just seems like a waste spending time on backgrounds and music that only lasts a couple weeks.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

You can barely hear the themes in the killer queue though.

Also, what about past event themes? We'd love to hear those too

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

That would be a good feature to have, the 2017 halloween theme was amazing

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Weve been asking for selectable menu music since AT LEAST clown. Best we get is in lobby as X killer.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101

I also would kill for this

• TheExecutionerfan45
    TheExecutionerfan45 Member Posts: 9

I would pay real money to keep this background. This is this best one in the game. Please allow to keep it

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I feel like if you buy the dlc or all of them you can chose which one you can use. But you HAVE to buy the dlc's

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

It would be fun to be able to change the theme around all the past chapters. 🤠

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I want this so badly. This SH theme has been the best imo. Even if they make it so you can only switch the themes in between chapter releases, that's fine by me!

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Low key, I kind of miss the OG background.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

I just want my intro screen pet vulture back ;-;

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I really hope they let us choose to keep the theme it's so nice :)

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I grew attached to that vulture :( I called him Jerry.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I would set game screen New year theme. Music is epic.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I definitely don't want the SH screen to stay. I wouldn't mind an option to pick your screen theme though.

• DeadByMatchmakingQ
    DeadByMatchmakingQ Member Posts: 4

Although I like the idea of being able to keep the theme I also really like the idea that they're alternating. For example lets say you do pay to keep the silent hill theme once christmas or a new chapter rolls out it should change to the new temporary theme and then revert to your pre-set picked theme. Also Yes if you buy the chapter you should be able to pick the theme BUT I think that would make chapters in general pricier, so maybe just offer themes separately! :)

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited July 2020

I think anybody that purchases a chapter should be able to select that particular menu theme. It’s something simple and if people want it, I don’t see an issue.

I really miss this:

• DeadByMatchmakingQ

I dont like the idea of "People who paid for the chapters can choose to keep themes/get themes with the chapters" Because what if i don't like the chapters new killer/survivor etc but i just want the theme? I say Offfer them separately survivor and killer can be bundled sure but have themes separately available i stead of having to buy the whole chapter. Dont force people to get somethings they may not want

• DeadByMatchmakingQ

For example Yes the SH theme is pretty awesome but do I want to buy Pyrmid Head and The other girl to get it? Personally for me No I do not want to get those characters, offer me the theme separately, Im sire there ate others who would feel the same especially with future DLCs yoy might like a theme but not want anything to do with the new killer/survivor. Offering them separately i think gives everyone what they want, you can offer a bu dle that includes all things such as the chapter+theme and 1 with everything seperate as its been available

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

To be fair, now that I think about it, it shouldn’t even be something you have to pay for. Once the theme has gone they’ve never used again. Why waste them? Just give us the option to switch back to whatever theme we want. There’s literally no reason why this shouldn’t be implemented.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

Considering how long you can sit in the lobby sometimes, this is a great idea! It doesn't seem like that would be too difficult to do either? Unless they no longer have the codes or whatever from previous chapters