Biggest Problem In DBD

Options

This is one of 6 game's, back to back. Where I was just friendly in the EGC, and every time I am thrown racial slur's, told to kill myself, and given deragortory terms. Like it's 2020 who even call's people f-gt anymore?

I already know what the two biggest responses these threads get just to dismiss this extremely big issue;

You can just close chat? Yes, but I want to have a friendly and fun experience with the game. I want to tell people "gg wp" at the end game screen, and talk about the sick plays that we all did together. A rare thing that happens.

Sounds like you need a break? Yeah. I've taken breaks, over, and over again. Then I keep taking them because I keep getting treated like this, but if this is how the other players are treating me - AM I REALLY THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE BREAK? Stop telling Killer's to take breaks, when they are not the problem. Period.

I have so far also started to make ticket reports in addition to the end game report system - in just the bare hope that something finally get's done about this blatant abuse that's been getting ignored in this game. Like it honestly just keeps getting worse as time goes on, and I am hardly seeing anything being done about it.

Comments

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    Options

Just wow.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    Options

I know how you feel mate. Just dont let them get the best of you. If they are insulting you it's just showing how butthurt they are that they lost clearly showing you were better. If you want them to stop just say "gg" and dont give in to there toxic verbal abuse and then they get bored with no reaction. But that feng shouldn't have said that if stuff like that continues definitely file a tick and report, the community is toxic as it is, no need to include racial, homophobic or sexual slurs. Some people need to grow up.

And also you gottem with clown lol. Just ignore them and soon enough they will be punished.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

I was rank 1 in both survivor and killer at one point, but all these breaks i've been taking brought me back to yellow gradually, and i'm finally coming back to catch up - but not going to lie it's hardly bareable to deal with.

• kingoftheirish1992
    kingoftheirish1992 Member Posts: 159
    Options

My two cents is to keep being you. As someone on Xbox I have to take the time to say gg to others. Some good people out here but also many salty people too. Imo like the salty ones more just to know how low some can be. Make me feel better as a person.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

If they start by trash talking i generally leave instantly.

If they say something ban worthy before that report them and they will be dealt with which may just make them not do it again once the ban hammer hits them.

These players need a harsh lesson in manners and its an unfortunate part of playing online games that people seem to think they can say whatever they want.

There is no ignoring what some say and growing a thicker skin which many post saying isn't something anyone should need to do when players are abusive.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

You could get that person banned if you contacted BHVR. There’s an actual complaints form you can fill out. If somebody can provide it in this thread, I’d suggest using it.

As I’ve said multiple times, we’ll never escape this type of behaviour. A lot of people are attention seeking tryhards and by playing online you just put yourself at risk of coming across them. The only thing you can do is don’t let them get to you. It’s literally just words on a screen at the end of the day. Words can only hurt you if you allow them too.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Thats honestly disgusting, bhvr needs to get it together and start banning these clowns, no offence.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options

Why do you care? I personally laugh my ass of at how miserable their life is and continue on with my day, I suggest you do the same thing.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options
  • rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options

Fair point then I have another suggestion, use the little button and close the chat if you can't handle stuff people say. Or if you really wanna see chat hoping someone is gonna say something nice which is near impossible to happen if you are winning then just leave immediately as they say something nasty.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Have you ever played an online video game before?

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

This is standard in games, play WoW for a real experience

and I’d rather deal with this than have to deal with the countless bugs this game has

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

Just report and move on. They can't magically snap their fingers and see all of them; they rely on the report system. Letting strangers on the internet hurt your feelings is silly imo

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

BHVR does nothing about groups like this because they buy pink and blue haired cosmetics hand over fist. It's all about money

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

This dude, just looked at that part of the photos lol

• Aaliyah
    Aaliyah Member Posts: 52
    Options

Ok first ggs on getting a 4k with my boy Clown

I agree with this post 100% As a survivor main i don't get insulted like that, but I see how Killers get insulted and it always hurts me just as bad as the player who received those insults. I always try to be friendly in the endgame chat but still. Tbh I would like to see some kind of "word blocker" XD And I'm sorry that you got insulted like that. Hope this doesn't affect your mental health :) Have a nice day

• TheButcher
    Options

I see the people who are quick to dismiss this problem have arrived.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I hope the devs delete the final chat of the game one day, it is ironic

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Does it matter? Whether's it common in video games you play it's really disgusting

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I report someone at least once a day for this kind of ######### and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. People can say what they want in the chats and Behaviour does nothing, in my experience anyway. Telling people to kill themselves, horrible slurs, death threats, whatever. I had one guy saying “yeah go on report me for hacking, I’m so scared” the other day because he was no-clipping and obviously had no worries about his account lmao.

• TheButcher
    Options

Hey you, yeah you, with the dismissive comment - get lost

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

That's disgusting. I am in the "gotta close chat" gang unfortunately. It shouldn't have to be that way, I agree, but PvP games aren't known to be nice. Now if something interesting or funny happens in game, I open it again. I've had great chats this way. Typical matches though as killer, no.

Right?!

Hope you have more pleasant games in the future.

• TheButcher
    Options

I understand how things can get in online pvp competitive games, but not all are this bad. The whole reason why it's so bad in Dead by Daylight is because it's not being addressed, and every time someone tries to talk about it people just say "Just close chat" or "take a break" - dismissing, and ignoring the issue that is only getting worse.

That's like saying to a black lives activist; "all lives matter". Just a dismissive statement, that completely ignores the real issue.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

A simple fix to this is just black listing profanity and racial slurs. Its genuinely not hard.