PS4 experience horrible

Options

Recently my ps4pro experience was just horrible and unfun to play. Just wanted to share it and ask how yours has been?

so yesterday evening trying to play from 11pm european time... it took me always 10-15 min to find a survivor game and when i found one, the killer was a bot! This 3 times a row... so i switched to killer and found games immediately, but the game was lagging so much (as well on survivor side) that it was unfun to play :-( i really love the game but this ruins the whole thing. Hope it will be soon better..

how is your experience on ps4? Am i the only one having this?

Comments

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

So i am the only one having this?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

What do you mean the killer was a bot? There are no AI players in this game (yet)

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I play on ps4 on east coast in the US. During the day I'll get survivor lobbies fairly quick while killer can take up to 10 minutes to join a lobby. At night it switches - killer lobby quick while survivor takes up to 10 minutes to join a lobby.

There's no AI on console so not sure what makes you think it's bots. Is it a certain playstyle that makes it feel that way for you?

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I play on PS4 in Europe and I am finding both survivor and killer games really fast. It’s been a while since I had any issues looking for games. I assumed it was like this for everyone?

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143
    Options

I play on Switch. Survivor matches are fast to find, but killer matches have ridiculous wait times. Matches are always stable for me

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

I’ve never heard of a killer lobby having a long wait before. They’re normally almost instant for me. I wonder why it’s like this on Switch? Also, does the game run smoothly on Switch? I’m thinking of getting one and if I do, I might get DBD.

• escape_plan
    Options

Killer was not moving and just hitting with basic attack. Whole game. Had this 3 games in a row, then switched to killer

• escape_plan
    Options

and game is not lagging???

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

For me it varies for how long the lobbies are. Sometimes survivor lobbies take some time, sometimes they're instant.

The game runs okay on Switch. Compared to PS4 the skill checks are way harder to hit, and there seems to be a slight delay from input to action. Like on PS4 I can regularly hit Great Skill checks no problem, but on Switch I can barely hit Good Skill Checks sometimes. Frame Rate is also bad I think, but I'm frame rate blind so I can't really tell.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I'm on PS4 and survivor queue times are usually the fastest in the mornings, around a minute or so. Nighttime is pretty terrible tho, if I ever play after 9pm, queues can be like 8+ minutes.

I don't think I've ever come across a bot killer.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

The wait times used to be terrible for me at one point, but they don’t seem as bad anymore. They are definitely a lot better on the killer side of things. It’s virtually instant. But I suppose less people play killer, so it makes sense. And I think I’ll give the game a miss on the Switch then lol. It’s not like I need to get it, as I play it on PS4. I wanted the Switch for other games.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

i play on ps4 it's never laggy when i play on steam it laggy but that's because my pc crap.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143
    Options

I'd recommend it. I have it and all dlc on Switch cause it is my only modern console. I sold the others. I also have modded retro Mini consoles and a Silver Slim Ps2 and I like older fashioned games as a result.

If you are going to play it casually, joycons are good enough. If you want to get high ranks, you're going to have to pay for a Pro controller for $70. I can't stress enough how joycons are useless with Huntress and Nurse. The frame rates are stable. Game was never jaw dropping in graphics and the graphics aren't that bad here. It also is nice in Handheld mode, which I've used during thunderstorms. Que times for survivors are fast, almost instantaneous. Killer though for some reason can take some time and requires some waiting.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    Options

PS4: Queue times are bad(like all platforms) but we also get horrible Frames and the optimization is astonishingly bad

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2020
    Options

PS4 Pro has a lot more issues with it than optimization. It blue screens if you have the PS store open too long. You want me to believe you can handle 4k but then eat yourself when trying to access the market?

I don't have much issues myself with DBD, but then again I am on a gaming monitor. Regular TVs would need a lot more bandwidth and refresh speeds to function properly.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Yeah... noone wants to play killer on ps4 its a really miserable experience even when you get regular games.

Killers instant que means people afk just to get rift xp