Will console players be able to type in the post-game chat for crossplay?

Options

Hello. I want to see someone salty console players when I beat them up. Will they be able to type in the post-game chat?

Comments

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

I hope not. I'm still hoping for an in-game block where you can't queue up with players you've blocked

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49
    Options

I wish we had post game chat on console now

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Very slowly. 🥴

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I hope so.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

A) I hope to absolute god that never happens. Queue times will be absolutely god-ass tier bad. 15+ minute waits will become the norm.

B) What's wrong with just closing the chat? On PC it remembers your option, there's absolutely no reason it can't work the same way on console.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

There's already a post-game chat for PS4 within the PS4 messenger app. It's way more harassing than your game could ever be.

• MeepSaysRawr
    MeepSaysRawr Member Posts: 2
    Options

You can on switch (thanks Nintendo :)) and I really haven’t noticed a difference in queue times. Then again, I’ve only blocked a few people and I’m not sure if many are aware of the feature as it was in a mini update two weeks ago (give or take).

But as far as op’s question. Probably not cause, you know... that would require actual work to be done.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Really? Zero to insulting a large portion of the playerbase in all of a sentence?

There's a large portion of the playerbase that even use controllers on PC. Most console players are also sensible enough to not message each other a majority of the time.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

I hate post game chat. It's super hard to type quickly with a controller.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

I don’t see the point,

1. It takes time to even write a sentence when using a controller
    2. It’s just going to be people trash talking, especially one person going on a tantrum.
    3. If you do want to say something nice, you can always send a message whilst searching a game since it takes long to find a game on console.