The issue of Representation

Options
2»

Comments

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

I'd rather just see good lore. The cast is really diverse already and has some pretty good lore. I'd rather them focus on the best story as opposed to force certain nationalities in.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2020
    Options

Oceania and southeast Asia, not just Australia. There's more than just them over here. We've already got an Oni, now imagine getting chased around by an aswang, or a taniwha.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

thats all well and everything but where is this high demand?

i already said that I think the cast is already pretty diverse and I don’t see the need to ask for more diverse ethnicity. The only person really demanding in this thread was OP because they said „need“? But even then that was not high demanding but just one sentence.

now look at everyone complaining about those high demands (not the posts saying there is enough diversity but really people complaining). THAT is much higher in this very thread and these forums and way more problematic.

just asking for something is not demanding. But people demanding others to not simply ask is another thing: they kind of want to silent them without any real reason. We don’t know anything about OP really (the only one using the word „need“ and thus may „demand“ diversity). Why not assume his native language is not English and maybe he used not the best choice of word for saying what they want?

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited July 2020
    Options

Japan has lots of cool ghosts and monster lore

But with everything pc or not pc enough or id rather noone had any national or anything because it just leads to problems... like lol first comment we get not diverse enough options lol... you cant win

If you do get it its cultural appropriation ect.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

I never got the point to bring sexuality in video games, it's not like you're following them in their bedroom & stuff, it's always cool to know but it's not how I want a character to be defined.

Also we already have Gayce, I'll recommand this famous fanfiction Ace x David gruesomely called "Ace in the hole".

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

We never use the best choice of words, we have to assume based on context of what the person wants, otherwise we're arguing about definitions and never the complete thought--language is an expression of ideas and feelings through those ideas, not the definitions themselves. Simple example, If I say I love cake, I'm not in love with cake, I just enjoy eating it.

I think the status quo is what people tend to stick to. They find any extreme thoughts or ideas to be uncomfortable and unnecessary. These opinions are usually held by the masses, and they have to be convinced in a way that makes them comfortable in order to get them on your side of things.

That's why they usually shoot down something like this. They've seen the dangers, irrational behavior and violent tendencies behind similar movements and they don't want any part of it.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

I'd like to see survivors from different time periods other than close to or from the modern era. Give me someone from the middle ages or a damn caveman idfk :P