Please don't listen to the vocal minority

Options

I don't see what everyone is so mad about. So what if killer cant switch out? Everyone has been asking for different rating for killers for forever and now that they do it everyone starts complaining again? Pick you're poison people I'd much rather have different killer ratings then to be demolished every time I want to play somebody new for a change. The other changes are good too. Hope everything goes to plan and it makes it live.

Comments

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

Wouldn’t it be easier if survivors met in a lobby together and be sent to offering screen and for the Killer to be sent to the offering screen instantly instead of the lobby? That way survivors can’t “cheat” and it’s all a surprise for everyone?

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614
    Options

Billy is something else but the vast majority of players have been asking for different ranks for killers so its very odd that when they do that, backlash is shown. how else would they be able to calculate your killer skill if you could switch

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I shouldn't have to waste a perk slot on Hag or Wraith to eliminate multiple flashlights, an item that completely guts their powers. Also, the issue is them being able to switch last minute so I can't equip Franklins or Lightborn before the match starts. I'm okay with being locked but I feel Survivors shouldn't be able to switch items last minute, which incidentally would prevent them from switching their "skin" with a different items already equipped.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Don't worry, they don't. Survivors far outnumber the killer side of the playerbase.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

The learning new killer aspect of it will be an improvement, but does it also mean I'll need to sweat every game I play now with a killer I like. Given that you tend to be better with killers you enjoy simply because you play them more.

I think you are going to find more killers purposfully deranking just to get easy games.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

This exactly.

You can never prove anyone is doing it, but when you're about to run a Wraith or Hag game and everyone last second switches to Flashlights...or you play Doctor and everyone magically has Calm Spirit (which is almost as far from meta as Vigil is) etc, it's pretty obvious.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

BHVR is not doing much to improve what killers would like to see and I've yet to see survivors suffer a Hillbilly / Ruin treatment yet.

An example mentioned in this very thread is why are killers locked into their role when they press ready but survivors can last-second switch to a key-using Blendette with meta perks whenever?

If BHVR wanted to improve killer happiness, they could start by adding a Lobby indicator for SWFs.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm fine with killer lock as long as they lock survivors too. Really everyone's load out should lock when they search for a match, once lobby is full it should immediately load into a match. No more last minute changes for anyone.

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

Oh look, a man of reason.

But still, even without that. The fact that killer gets to see items at all before the match is already a positive for them.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

I see why killers are complaining, they can’t switch to their precious sweaty Spirit build when they assume it’s an SWF, or when they see a blendette, bunny Feng, Pink Nea etc.

Killers can still change their loadout when they pick a killer, so survivors should be able to as well. Also survivor is literally just skins so it’s pointless locking them out.

If you want to go down the route of locking out survivors from picking perks, items and offerings in lobby, then the same should apply to killers. But don’t blame anyone when you can’t pick your Franklin’s against a toolbox team.

• RaginRendon
    RaginRendon Member Posts: 279
    Options

Why not? Every player has the right to voice their thoughts & opinions

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options

Broken items like flashlights? Because flashlights are op? Or no the evil keys that appear on every 10th game

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options
  • Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I see keys almost all the time. Either found on chests or brought with them. The reason you can see the survivors and the item they bring is to bring counter perks like lightborn. Changing items at the last second negates that.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

How is a 4 man quick switching last second to all flashlights fair? by quick switching last second you cannot put on lightborn or franklin's

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225
    Options

I just wanted to add that with the upcoming midchapter that exploit of reading the Logfile to see which killer it is will be gone. The log file will be encrypted so those tools are useless. (there is a thread here where this was said)

Also as someone else already said: I am really afraid of heavy lobby dodging by killers now as the dont wanna go against a toxic nea or 2 toolboxes. I guess we just have to see how it turns out.

It is the first step for the new system. maybe survs get locked soon to. So just calm down and let us check it out please

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

I'd like the Devs to address this, not a random making a thread saying it will be fixed (not you btw).

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225
    Options

people say in the PTB it was already encrypted so I guess they will push it to Live soon. But yeah. an official statement by the devs to all that file reading would have been great :)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2020
    Options

If someone quickswitches, you can't change your damn build. That's the whole point, it's toxic people that want a huge advantage.

• MadLordJack
    Options

That you consider an item rare doesn't mean it is fair.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

Killers dont have a problem with the lock, the problem is survivors can still just switch in last 6 seconds. Giving killer no time to react and now killer is literally locked in place.

I have no problem with everyone being locked.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Where did I say you couldn't? If I implied it I certainly didn't mean to.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

You can change your base build but you cant swap for a quick switch at 6 seconds before the game starts and they can quick switch to 4 keys/toolboxs/flashlights/ item that you didn't expect them to bring because you haven't seen it for the past 54 seconds.

Make us stop whining yourself coward

• DrDeepwound
    Options

One can only predict that having killers locked in place, will in fact cause more 6 second survivor switch.

Devs have told us time and time again, everything they test gets abused by survivors, no doubt this will too.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

I just hope you can switch between killers with the same or similar mmr but not like killers with 2000 mmr and killers with 6

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

You do understand the lock out is most likely because they are giving you a MMR value for each killer, because you may be better with one killer than another. If they allow you to queue up with a killer you are unskilled with you would get matched with easier survivors, but if they allowed you to switch, you would just have people queue up with a killer they are bad with and then switch to one they are good with...

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Although I don't like the fact killers are being singled out by the devs yet again, both killers and survivors should be locked, it doesn't bother me too much. I pick a killer, join a lobby then play, I cannot recall one time I switched in the lobby.

The one thing that would seriously bother me would be if perks and add ons were locked and could not be changed since killers may have to change these to counter certain items (keys mainly or three or four flashlights) the survivors bring.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020
    Options

Precisely why we say whenever the player clicks "ready" to go into lobby they are ready, no need to change anything from that point on, either side. Maybe make survs loick first so killer can respond to build or items.

This issue clearly illustrates how one side can see something balanced and the other not.

IMO when you click ready you should be ready, no switching last 6 seconds.

• mouse0270
    Options

The reason killers are most likely being locked out

You do understand the lock out is most likely because they are giving you a MMR value for each killer, because you may be better with one killer than another. If they allow you to queue up with a killer you are unskilled with you would get matched with easier survivors, but if they allowed you to switch, you would just have people queue up with a killer they are bad with and then switch to one they are good with...

To my knowledge perks and addons were still changable.

As to you change once the lobby is loaded I actually do this a lot. If I get someone I know and they prefer a certain killer of mine or if someones name says "SPIRIT = DC" or something like "######### for Myers" then I switch to Spirit or Myers.

I do however understand why killers are going to be locked and survivors wont be. It rarely matters who you play as survivor, your skill is about the same. However, the same doesn't apply to killer. Like I am a fairly good Huntress, piggy, Oni, Deathslinger, Triangle Head and Myers killer, but pretty terrible at Billy, Nurse, Demodoggy, Doctor, etc.

• mouse0270
    Options

The difference here is that is not true for survivors. I've played many survivor games where I readied up and then saw that every survivor had a flashlight, so I took mine off. I've had other games where as solos we decided to run all the same meme perks.

As SWF maybe you are prefectly ready when you hit ready and start searching a match, but its fun to talk and change stuff as a solo with other solos. I do it all the time.

Shit if I join the game and see three dweets, I change to dweet. I honestly change my builds less as killer than survivor once in a lobby. About the only think I change is, if I see windows store users I equip a mori or for flashlights I add light born... other than that the only other time I change my killer is if

As to you change once the lobby is loaded I actually do this a lot. If I get someone I know and they prefer a certain killer of mine or if someones name says "SPIRIT = DC" or something like "[BAD WORD] for Myers" then I switch to Spirit or Myers.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

At least killers get a heads up ...

I'd love to know when someone is bringing a mori into the game.

• MadLordJack
    Options

I'd love for mori's to not be in the game. Well, except the yellow Mori. A flavourful finish is worth 4k BP's.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

There's not really any way I can think of that you could combine killer-specific MMR and the ability to switch killers in the lobby. It's a both or neither sort of situation. Just make it so survivors can't switch their loadouts out for the last 30-20 seconds of the lobby timer so they can't last second switch or something. Yeah you still can't switch to Plague if there's 4 medkits or whatever, but at least you get some time to look at what they're really bringing into the match and adjust accordingly.

Obviously if all 5 players ready up at the same time at any point before that, the game starts like normal. So if you insta-ready and then the survivors quickswitch and ready up before you can react... perhaps wait until they're locked from switching things up next time.

And yes of course this doesn't solve the issue of the lobby viewer/see-who-the-killer-is garbage. But the only way that can be solved is by patching up the source of that information itself, which I'm sure is doable. There's no way to justifiably ban anyone for it unless they admit to it themselves, as there's no way BHVR or EAC could ever detect it with the way it works, so the only way to stop it is to make it impossible to do.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Its Behaviour so I’m expecting mixed results from this at best.

Who knows though maybe it will work out great, and all the 4 man swf teams will end up going against all the $500 headphone Spirit mains and the rest of us get left in peace 😌

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I was agreeing up until you said “broken skin”.

How are a set of pixels somebody chooses to wear “broken”?

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options
  • MadLordJack
    Options

Blendettes. The fact that there is a term for people wanting to have so many advantages they play a specific character with a specific skin so that they are much harder to spot and track really does qualify them, and to a lesser extent blendy Adams, as broken skins. That's not to say I want every survivor always wearing fluro clothing, but the fact that they can treat almost every map like it's Dead Dawg Saloon is stupid.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

You can't just put Franklin's on it. The whole point is survivors wait to the last second to switch to the character with annoying ass items so you don't have time too put counter perks or add ons. So now you can't even switch out to a different character who can more effectively deal with four flashlights, four toolboxes or op keys. I'd have a separate killer with franklins just in case but now they're removing that. Plus you might not even have those perks on that killer. Not everyone has every perk on every killer. So why is it so hard to understand that it would be more fair if survivors couldn't switch either?

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

It's what survivor mains and devs think is fair therefore it goes. This is yet another oversight by the devs or they simply don't care.

• KRG
    KRG Member Posts: 96
    Options

Isnt that the case now too? Survivors can do the same thing and what? You gonna change killer and its build in 2 secs? Yeah right.

You guys are searching every day for something to cry about. Sorry if i sound harsh but its the truth. And i mean that for both sides.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited July 2020
    Options

would be impossible to avoid swf and dodge the lobby, and force you to afk and waste an entire match's worth of time if it turns out a troll team you can't do much against let alone make any decent points from. killer is the side that's alone, they need more information. they're already at a huge disadvantage with only set of hands and one attention span versus four potentially highly coordinated and experienced ones... that may also be set out to waste as much of his time as they can instead of finishing in a few minutes and getting it over with. It would be nice to be able to dodge if it feels like that kind of lobby, rather than play russian roulette with it or beginning to embrace alt+f4 if the 5 minutes (when that comes back) seems like it might turn out to be faster than entertaining a bunch of trolls you run into.

This isn't going to magically fix the trolly swf problem, it's just going to make it less likely to happen for some people. Which is a good thing, but it could still happen due to "smurfing" and it would be nice to know it was gonna be that kind of lobby Before having to eat a queue penalty once those come back. checking for idle sync, looking at friend list if possible, watching for the hallmark "everybody but one guy readies up so we can all switch to toolboxes and fleshlight last second" behavior etc. If you can't do that it's not worth playing killer no matter what they do.