Devs show us the current data of perk usage for survivors!

Options
2»

Comments

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Oh just because apparently "friendliness" to new players is a metric to nerf something.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Those stats say it...most of all players are swf

Take that solo number and chop it down for each tro and duo

Then cut it down by 4 after that and that cut number is the number of games of full solos... everything else aka almost all the time its swf.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Exactly, people don't know how to read data and think it means that out of all matches only 50% are SWF. When in reality its like 90%

• emptyCups
    Options

Being fair, data can be read anyway we like.

So to be generous pretend that 60% its not SWF.

I mean you still face SWF every other game... or you face swf every game and someone else faces two solos in a row... matchmaking isn't perfect and you'll have random mixed between players.

On ps4 where I play even if its not swf I chat invite everyone I play with during loading screen... and most people join or invite me to there chat if they are already swf... thats common for console at the very least

Then look at the kill data...

if its a perfect read the killer gets a 2k every game... so he looses almost every match because that's what 2k is by every metric ingame (i know survior rulebook in the forms tell me its not, but my bp and pips and entity tell me otherwise)

? Or he wins once and then looses twice in a row all that does is show me most players live.

50% Or at the very least twice the survivors win for every killer that wins

Sounds fair lol

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options

BHVR only brings up data when it favors their decision. They've always been like this. They only take the positive feedback or listen to the parts they want to hear. They want to hear "oh wow good job BHVR!!!", but obviously that's usually not the case. The only reason they even considered tweaking the Billy changes was because people were tired of them making dumb decisions. Massive backlash is what it takes for them to even reconsider. I love the game but it's obvious that the balance team has no clue what they're doing.

• Dexn3ko0
    Dexn3ko0 Member Posts: 70
    Options

No again it was not nerfed because it was overused.

It was used in about 80% of high ranked games so the devs took a closer look at the perk.

Just read the designer notes there they talk about the reasons for the nerf.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Exactly, but killer mains will just claim that they are the victims & the devs favour survivors, despite the countless survivor nerfs.

They literally only read the first sentence: “Hex: Ruin is used in over 80% of all games in the red ranks” and claiming it was nerfed because it was OvErUsEd while missing out the 3 points that the devs made on why it was changed.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529
    Options

I would like to see statistics for both survivor and killer perk usage. But i'm guessing they are avoiding showing them because from survivor side specially they would be quite concerning.

I remember some perk usage stats over 1 year ago which showed that in red ranks self care was most used perk?? It's funny becouse i see maybe ONE selfcare every third game in red ranks, so i don't know how they got those stats. Even iron will is much more used

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Yea how can anyone cope against a 2man.

I swear it's always "swf isn't a problem it's those 4-man squads that ruin it" now we're back to it doesn't matter swf is op. lmao.

• Seanzu
    Options

Do you know how averages work? The devs said an average of two kills per game is the sweet spot which leaves plenty of room for 3/4Ks lmao.

• emptyCups
    Options

Occasionally yeah. But every 3k means a 1k game has to Ballence it out. Every 4k has a 0k. 3k is still a loss.

With a 50% average killers loose more often then win and survivors survive more then they ever die.

Aka

Live by daylight

• Seanzu
    Options

ohhhh noooo killers have to lose sometimes? :(

The ranking becomes harder the higher you rank up, so it makes perfect sense to safety pip the majority of the time in red ranks because you're supposedly going up against the best, far too many people rely on this pipping thing as an example of winning when you're not supposed to constantly rank up when you're at the top unless you play exceptionally well.

• emptyCups
    Options

Not sometimes, most of the time

The game is "balanced" for the same side to loose most of the time.

How is that fair or fun?

And the game doesn't explain any of that. In fact its all to the contrary. Every aspect of the game is harder for the killer to play and he is still disadvantaged by team and balance. No wonder killers leave this game in droves

• Seanzu
    Options

i very rarely get anything less than a 3K and very rarely see the killers i watch get anything less than that too, killer players just haven't improved and expect 4Ks lol.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

I definitly agree, it's a good perk, but there are definitly better perks in DBD.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

They tend to twist the data to make it look better, like merging all platforms together or all ranks together. Its still correct data but not the specific data we want. I'd buy some Cells as a reward to BHVR if they actually committed to showing the data people want to see but that'll never happen.

• ResidentDoctorMain
    ResidentDoctorMain Member Posts: 51
    Options

Resident Doctor Main here,

This is the main reason I play as killer most of the time, as my name suggests. However, when I do play survivor, I usually use Dwight's 3 teachables and something like Spine Chill or BT. It really sucks that most of the killers on Xbox camp at any rank. Sincerely,

Resident Doctor Main

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

What difference is survivor perk usage statistics being made public going to make anyway?? It’ll only show you what you know already, DS, BT, DH, etc...

Again perks being nerfed because of high usage rate is not how the devs roll, if anything the statistics being made public is only going to cause endless threads of “Nerf BT/DS/DH”

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    edited July 2020
    Options

Because so many people blamed the devs that they're lying about their stats that they decided to not go that intimate anymore.

That was the same reaction like in 2k16. Because the community were blaming the devs by every single word they said "but you said so and so" the devs decided to talk less about what they're doing and planning the backround. People twisted their words and used them against the devs so they stated to not talk abound things they're doing or thinking about in the backround anymore.

And then 2k17 we got our first CM not_queen. She's the probably the reason why we are where we are now.

Don't think the devs wouldve talked about an upcoming killer an its abilities, the new map, the new killer and survivor perks. That was a very slow process. And we all saw not_queen talking with the devs and encouraging them to go into details and talk about some thoughts and things they're planning.

That way we got roadmaps :)

So maybe if we wouldn't blame the devs lying or cheating when they share internal stats with us and maybe if we are very very lucky they give us a second chance. Until then there will be not stats.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

I believe they won't show it, for whatever reason, maybe to avoid starting a riot in the community, who knows.... Even though they said last anniversary the game is in the "community's hands" now, that is in some aspects very far from true, unfortunately

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

I do hope, however that they will some day