I just died on first hook in solo q with Kindred without killer camping

Options
Peepo
Peepo Member Posts: 108

Should say something about solo q at the moment.

And lots of people are crying about SWF. I'm the one who's literally crying now.

Is there psychological help on these forums somewhere?

Comments

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

It happens

• MottledElm
    MottledElm Member Posts: 85
    Options

jUsT fiNd fRIeNdS lul

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

What rank? I see a lot of brown ranks literally too afraid to do anything other than hide if they hear a heartbeat even for a micro-second. Secondly, isn't it cool to be the 4th wheel in a 3 man SWF?

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

It’s annoying when this happens. It’s not even a rank thing either, as it happens to me in red ranks too. I was with a Feng player today who did it in 2 of my matches. She just kept going into lockers for no reason and trying to Head On the killer. I’m definitely never playing with her again. I can’t stand being in lobbies with useless / selfish teammates.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108
    Options

I think it might be related to matchmaking too, cuz i was rank 1. :'>

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

That happens pretty much every time I equip Kindred. At least for me, it often has the opposite effect of what you'd expect.

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

I sometimes play with friends but I definitely prefer playing solo. I like the unpredictablility of not knowing what my team are going to be like. Sadly, this also comes with getting people who constantly DC or spend the match trying to stun / blind the killer instead of doing generators or totems.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

I had THREE games last night where survivors let me get to struggle hook. Soloing can be a real bummer sometimes.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

Happened to me also

But you know what brings a smiley to my face?

Seeing at spectate my teammates getting crushed by the killer when i am dead.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Introdrucing: Solo Queue's

If you ever wanted to die on first Hook, play Solo Queue.

If you ever felt like destroying your PC now and there, play Solo Queue.

If you ever wanted to scream at someone but not feel bad because you screamed at a Friend, play Solo Queue.

Ever felt like playing a 1v1 Game against your Opponent? Play Solo Queue.

Solo Queue will be available on all Platforms.

Coming soon.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I've had folks die like you before. I get so used to my team always rushing in to save each other I've become used to expecting it and just stay working gens. I even forget about the guy on hook and sometimes notice later he had died. 😢 I don't mean for this to happen and feel bad about it.

Also when I was trying Kindred out, this always seemed to happen to me, so I stopped bringing it. 😮

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2020
    Options

Kindred - ahhhh when you want to see how much your teammates don't care. lol Or want to see the really silly things that go on. :-)

If I was your teammate I would have booked it across risking life and limb to save you! (Most times.) Sadly this is not the case in many matches - SWF or no SWF. It happens often to with new people as they are so scared. (Yup I was "that" gal once-upon a time.)

RIP. :-(

May your next teammates be braver.

PS - Yes - we do require a therapy section for this game. It does seem to make the most balanced people a bit unhinged from time to time.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

we’ve all been there man.

This is why even if you gave all solo survivors perks like Bond and Kindred by default, they would never be on par with SWF

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2020
    Options

Sadly, this has been a majority of my SoloQ matches the past month. It's now gotten to the point that I have strongly considered just going back to playing Killer whenever I decide to fire-up DbD, or when queues are too long for that just logging into Overwatch.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

One of many reasons Solo is rough. Everytime I run Kindred I either get left on first hook when killer is no where near me OR I am saved by someone not running BT while killer's aura is showing.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2020
    Options

I haven't touched Competitive since 2018. Back then I was mid to high Plat. What would I be today? Not a clue. I either six-stack for Quick Play or Quick Play Classic with the Friends/Family team, or SoloQ Mystery Heroes (or Total Mayhem if it is up). Once in a blue moon I will do some FFA mode. Lately, also been messing around in Workshop games. The Dead by Daylight mode there is fun, and I started liking Doomfist Sumo.

Right now, we're just waiting for OW2 for the new Heroes and Maps, and the PvE.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

As I always say.. solo q forces people to play swf.

Sorry this happened to you mate.

• CertArn
    CertArn Member Posts: 78
    Options
  • RandomPlayer
    RandomPlayer Member Posts: 22
    Options

It happens quite often and it pisses me off but try to msg one of them at the end of the match and the replies are even funnier. They all have the exact same speech like robots " get gud trash, you shouldn't have got caught, you're trash that's why you died..."

It's mmr system letting ######### dumb survivors get to red ranks