A way to punish the dodgers

Options

Straight to the point, I don't like dodging lobbies. I do think it should be allowed, but to have a cost, because it hurts the queue times. Here's my idea.

After someone dodges they have a 5 minute penalty on that side. This means that people who played survivor and decided to switch on killer (and vise versa) after they got a lobby won't be affected, and if someone had an irl situation will be affected, but most of the times, irl problems either last less than 5 minutes (small ones) or more than 5 minutes (important ones) so in either scenario some penalty time will be killed.

What do you guys think? Let me know below.

Comments

• Emikol
    Emikol Member Posts: 41
    Options

This is a bad idea and I don't think it would be needed at all. Do you really sit there and stare at how often a killer leaves the lobby? I don't think I've even noticed when it happens.

The only time I knew someone dodged a lobby as a survivor was when it forced you to hit ready again and load into a new one

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Like...I understand if Lobby Dodging took you back to the loading screen like it did 1.5 years ago, but a killer enters the lobby as fast as he dodges it and the survivors aren't punished like before. So there's no real reason to punish a killer.

I have a 36 minute queue time video because I was dodged 3 times back in 2018. But that issue isn't a thing anymore.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited July 2020
    Options

As survivor. If i see 2-3 flashlights, i'm out. Same with key. Key gamers searching for hatch while the team dying.

Most flashlight gamers following the injured survivors for flashlight saves instead of doing gens.

***Edit

Most important. If i see the same survivor(s) who rage quit/sandbagging/did nothing the previous game again in my lobby? I'M OUT!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

So, rather than letting a killer dodge a lobby they don't want to play against, you'd rather they afk in a corner while survivors do gens and leave? 'Cause that's what I do when I don't feel like playing against a team. That's survivor add-ons and offerings wasted. I can't tell you how many times I've seen survivors lose more in add-ons/offerings than they earned in BP at the end of those matches.

And when I play survivor, I do not want to be the odd one out in a lobby with three Blendettes. Those matches suck, because I'm the only survivor the killer can see. I should be punished with a five-minute wait time because RNG threw me into a guaranteed misery of a lobby?

I don't even understand the problem, really. When a killer leaves a lobby, the survivors aren't sent back into the queue: the lobby remains, and (I think) it gets priority in terms of finding a killer.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

There's no need for this. The game is not on p2p anymore. If someone dodges, you don't need to queue up again.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Killers easily earn bp, so fair punishment can be -32 000bp for dodge. If they dont have 32k, then usual dc penalty can apply.

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

A killer dodging a lobby literally does nothing. Another one joins almost instantly after. You shouldnโ€™t be forced to play with people you donโ€™t want to play against.

• ResidentDoctorMain
    ResidentDoctorMain Member Posts: 51
    Options

Resident Doctor Main here,

I always report Sandbaggers/DCers for their respective actions because it ruins the game experience for everybody. Sincerely,

Resident Doctor Main

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Does nothing dude, waste of a report, save it up for something serious.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Right, imagine the amount of ######### people would give to the bloodpoint economy if this happened...

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Why should I be punished for dodging a lobby of 4 blendettes? Or, something that happened to me way to often for my taste in this period, dodging a lobby with some survivor in legacy skin but with less than 200 hours gameplay. Happened twice in a week

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

Iโ€™ve got people I dodge on both the survivor and killer side. I play this game to have fun, not to play with and against survivors who just hide in lockers all match waiting for a Head On stun.

We donโ€™t have to worry, though, BHVR will never incorporate this into the game. Thereโ€™s honestly no reason to.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

I'll just say that I'd rather wait for a 5 min penalty than play against keys.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I find it a rather ridiculous idea to make you wait just for wanting to change lobby..

• 28_stabs
    edited July 2020
    Options

Im nice. I could say "begin" with -32k and rise it exponentially (32k, 64k, 128k, 253k and so on..), about the same as dc penalties.. :^) It would make sense, because, if someone wouldnt care about 32k, or 64k, eventually we would get to where the player would begin to care about it. ^_^

edit: yes, add me to dev team :D

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    Options

If i see 4 blennettes or a lobby where everyone has the same tag, imma dodge.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

That is another good point, i don't think people would want to play with a team mate suffering from lag or a killer that has lag issues. That and since a single person leaving effects nothing and they already have to wait again, before they get into another match, sounds like that is punishment enough for the person who left the lobby. Since if the killer leaves or survivor leaves, normally a new one replaces them with in a few seconds. Sometimes a bit longer from my experience on the pc, not sure about consoles. The person who leaves has to wait again, if they are dodging the lobby for some reason and are not just simply backing out, for they played the game for like six hours and when yeah i need to get some sleep. Better to leave now than during the match no? That and it's not like the old days, where everyone is send to the back of the line should the killer leave a lobby and now have to wait for find a new lobby. No the lobby still remains up and a new killer is found for the four survivors or survivors for the killer. It just seems like there is no longer any issue here that needs to be solved and fixed.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

OP -- no, no, no. Sometimes we're dodging toxic folks or folks harassing us in the lobby chat. We need to be able to dodge.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2020
    Options

Sorry, while I understand that sentiment behind this and appreciate your thoughts - I have to say ....this is a Helk no from me - and I will scream that from the mountain tops!

If I see someone I've blocked in the game in the lobby - no - I'm leaving - there is a legit reason why I blocked them. (Usually SWF and SWF with a killer friend on board too, griefing their teammates or exceptionally abusive in chat and I'm am absolutely NOT playing with them.)

If I see a set of twinsy immersed players like Claud. Again NO - I know exactly how that game is going to end as a teammates.

I have an absolute right to not play with complete jerks, and since there are very few methods for me to avoid those jerks, at least I can dodge them in the lobby.

TBH I hate doing that as I know the killers are having longer wait times but there are enough nasty people already users are blindsided by that we absolutely do not need to walk into a game with the ones we can actually ID from the start.

Post edited by MaybeShesCrazy on
  • Buddha
    Buddha Member Posts: 14
    Options

if people keep asking for these kinds of changes the developers are going to have to implement a bot that plays killer role...

• 28_stabs
    Options

They shouldnt be dodging, so I dont mind the same rules for both sides.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

But theres nothing wrong with dodging.

It doesnt hurt anyone.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Let's punish killers who don't want to play against a full team of Blendettes with keys. Good idea.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    edited July 2020
    Options

How delusional some people are, amazing.

They could just change it, that the killer is not be able to see what items and which survivor they bring in to the game.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    edited July 2020
    Options

Gonna run wraith and stay in the basement cloaked. A penalty for dodging a game that may consists of flashlights and keys. If we do that then survivors need a penalty,everytime they quit when they see a secret.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

With all the hacking going on Iโ€™m dodging anyone with vac bans or game bans on record.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I think 5 minutes is fair. If you change your mind about playing...don't play.

• 28_stabs
    edited July 2020
    Options

People say that a hack exist that can reveal who is killer. If its true, then both sides should to be locked. Players can be allowed to leave only if their ping went over 150.

Survivors must stay when killers use mori and other bs, so you must endure what survivors have, too.

yes, it is good idea to lock killers who are cheating the game.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    Options

I'm playing on a PC - I don't think I can see those. Is there a way? That would be helpful too.

If they quit after the games starts. Yeah that's not nice. In the lobby waiting for a game to start though is different.

Yes please - stay in the basement. ๐Ÿ˜ as that is my least favorite killer. I stink against him worse than normal. The flashlights - omg me trying to use a flashlight is laughable at best.You'd be missing on a a seriously easy hook.

If I'm carrying either one of those it's because I'm doing an achieve or something and likely failing badly.

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68
    Options

penalty for dodging? people will just go afk as wraith or some stealth killer in the corner of a map or go and open the exit gates when you power the gens forcing you to leave. if someone doesn't want to play the game it's not going to be fun for either side.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options
  • AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of.

Especially with the upcoming changes, where you have to play the killer you queued with.

If I see a key in a lobby, I'll leave - regardless what role I play. Same for a group of blendettes. Or a 4 man team with 4 toolboxes. Or if you see a hacker in the game (legacy skin with barely any hours in the game). Nobody should be punished for not wanting to play against that.

The queue times aren't that much affected by it. it was worse in the past, where you had to find a completely new lobby again. Now, if a killer or survivor dodges a lobby, the next available player in the queue will join the lobby. There's not much time wasted.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Yeah, nah, dude. Killers shouldn't be forced to play or punished to play games they know won't be fun. I had a lobby a few days ago where 4 Blendettes joined and all of them had a key in their hands. You think I wanna play against that?

Speaking of being punished, you saw how well the DC punishment went right? Never felt like it worked and now they have removed it because it was being exploited.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    Options

I'm so glad to hear that the que times aren't as bad. Every time I dodged a lobby because of an SWF, Blendettes or people I knew were toxic... I felt horrible as I had read about the hard time the killers were having with the times.

I feel better now. Thank you for that.

I wouldn't dodge any killers, even Wraith. I can't get better playing with them if I don't.. well.. play with them.

Toxic and cheaters - no thank you though.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Click their profile. Even if they have a private steam profile it will still say if they have a vac or game bans on record.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    Options

Thank you. I will look for those as well. I don't think I've run across that yet so I wasn't sure what to look for.