Why Midwich is objectively the worst map

Options

Midwich Elementary School is objectively the worst map. It has many unsafe pallets and loops and it's chases are non-interactive and boring as it is a large square that forces survivors and killers to run around it with no flanking or sneaking at all. It has more than a dozen small random rooms around the map, almost any of which can have a generator in them. there's two floors and it's a small map, which means that the hatch is exceptionally easy to find for killer and survivor, making keys possibly op. the small map also causes survivors to have a terror radius from the killer when they are nowhere near the killer, confusing the survivor.

it somehow manages to have boring, unintuitive chases of running down long hallways, and small tight corners which killers can appear from very suddenly. it has confusing generator placement but also easily patrolled exit gates, confirming a survivor's death if they are the last one alive and the hatch is closed.

I play killer, and I've played many games on this map, mostly pig and ghostface as those were my mains at the time of the update where i got most of my matches on this map. It's too easy to grab survivors off of gens in classrooms and when i don't the chases are far too long as they sprint burst away and run circles around the map for 1-2 minutes without ever using any pallets, but i still get a 4k as they get surprised much more often than they get the chance to run away before i can catch them.

discuss.

Comments

• CWill22
    CWill22 Member Posts: 69
    Options

Midwich is the worst map by a mile it sucks so bad. As survivor its way too hard to find objectives and on both sides chases just suck.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

hOLD W TO WIN

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

It is terrible. Looks like a dream. Plays like a nightmare.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I like it. Definitely survivor sided, off set by easily patrolled exit gates. If you know the layout of the map, at least. So many places to hide. Whenever I'm in a chase, I run through the rooms. Definitely the best way to escape the killer. Idk what chases you've been in, but when survivors just run down the hallway instead of weaving through classrooms, it's the easiest thing to catch them. Stealth is definitely better than running though. Like I said, so many places for them to hide. Scratched mirror Meyers heaven, though, I'm sure. Haven't tried it there yet.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

We should add corn to the hallways and courtyard.

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

I personally wouldn’t call it survivor sided. Especially when a killer has NOED or Devour as totems are definitely a lot harder to find on that map. Whenever I play as Michael on Midwich I feel like a machine. He’s very strong on there. 😂

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Square makes me sad, it should be an Octagon, everythings better as an Octagon.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Played on Midwich about 15 or so times as survivor. I've only died maybe 2 or three times. Never gotten hatch as I've only ever seen it once. And almost all of those were either a 0k or 1k. I've found that hiding in Midwich is much easier than searching through it.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37
    Options

I'm fairly new to the game and I absolutely love Midwich. It's possible that it's my favorite map, because I love the horror atmosphere it has. Some of the open maps, after you play them a few times, are just not scary. Period lol.

• ACTIV3_GNASHER
    ACTIV3_GNASHER Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2020
    Options

It’s actually great. I have fun as survivor and killer. Yall just need to learn the map. There are locations that always spawn gens if you’re struggling to find them.

as survivor, yes, there’s a LOT of unsafe pallets. But there is also 5 God pallets that can spawn and 1 god window.

alternatively for killer, the god window can be disabled with a destructible wall, most of the pallets are unsafe as I mentioned. There might be a few god pallets but the map doesn’t feel too large so I feel that’s a fair trade off.

it seems it’s been perfectly designed for pyramid head, because even the god pallets are easy for him to hit due to the nature of them only being accessible in a straight line.

I can only really understand being frustrated on this map as a Legion, Myers, Ghostface and similar M1 relative killers.

hag, trapper, huntress, nurse, pyramid head, Freddy and most killers won’t have a rough time on this map, and as I mentioned earlier, if you have even a basic sense of looping you’ll have some good chases as survivor.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

It's actually my favorite map.

• Dito175
    Options

Really? For me the totem spawns are way easier on midwich than Hawkins.

• Hallowgeek
    Options

I’ve just played Hawkins more so I’ve got it memorised where totems can spawn. I don’t play Midwich that often. I’ve probably had it 6 times as a survivor and 3 as a killer? So I’m not familiarised with where they can be. I can still struggle getting up and down the stairs. 😂

• Dito175
    Options

That makes sense i Just think midwich's layout is easier to memorize. Almost every room in hawkins looks the same to me ;-;

• Hallowgeek
    Options

I definitely agree with that. Trying to find the hatch can be a nightmare. I also find this with Lery’s. It’s mostly a problem with the way indoor maps are designed.

• Octobersmoke
    Options

I love it when I get Midwich. Like I said in my other reply, it just feels more like a horror game when you're at a map like that. Don't get me wrong, Grave of Glenvale and other lighter maps can be cool, but there is no way that the game is even as close to as intense for me when I'm at a map like Dead Dawg Saloon compared to Midwich.

Treatment Center, The Game, Midwich, are the three scariest maps that come right to my mind. And Midwich is actually at the top of the list instead of how I just wrote that lol.

• Dito175
    Options

I feel the same way, the game it's not really one of my favorites because to me compared with the newer indoor maps it looks kinda outdated but hopefully the graphic update Will change that.

• Octobersmoke
    Options

I just like the layout of the meat packing plant, the basement can be one of the scariest places in the entire game imo. I think the trend here is that the indoor maps seem to just be scarier in general lol. Of course it's great to have variety, but yeah.

I just did a game at Yamaoka, I don't find that scary at all. I just need to jump into a bush and watch the killer walk right past me every 10 seconds x D

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Good for you. The point of this thread is that it's a poorly designed map. But go off.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

I don't know anyone that actually likes this map

Survivors hate it because the pallets are ass, the terror radius is always lying to you and the exit gates are too close together

Killers hate it because you can hear an upstairs generator and have to walk 5 miles to get to it, the blendettes are invisible and OoO is extremely OP with how the map is set up

• Octobersmoke
    Options

The point of this thread is an opinion...

Which is clearly one that is not shared by everyone lol. Midwich is a great map. There are maps that I absolutely hate and think are terrible, but I could honestly care less. My like/dislike for certain maps usually balances itself out except when the matchmaking throws me into Coldwind Farm like 4/6 times lol

This discussion has been closed.