Bullying

Options
PIUES
PIUES Member Posts: 39

Now I’m not saying it’s one sided but here me out. Not survivors bully and certainly not all killers bully either. But here is my take on it, so when I’m killer survivors would Teabag me, and do a lot of things to annoy the killer. But let’s say the killer does it automatically it’s not ok. This is how I see it, if you bully the killer don’t cry about it when you get bullied back. I’m not saying it’s right. But you should each player. It doesn’t matter on how they play. Just thank them. And some of you might disagree but that’s fine by me. But my point of view is why is it ok when a survivor/survivors bully it’s ok but when killers do it, it’s not ok. Tell me what you all think?

Comments

• Hallowgeek
    Hallowgeek Member Posts: 107
    Options

I think people take this game far too seriously. I’m not entirely sure how pixels can bully anybody? A character model crouching up and down shouldn’t get under people’s skin as much as it does.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37
    Options

Yeah, I agree with Hallowgeek lol, I get frustrated sometimes and maybe even get too worked up over it, but I let it go quickly and I never feel "bullied". If someone can teabag me and is skilled at looping and doing 360s I just chalk it up the fact that they've spent like 10x the amount of time I put into the game since I'm pretty new to it.

Though I will say, the way some people loop and spin 360s like madmen can't help but make me think they are pretty annoying.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

this game is about killing getting slaughtered or escaping... having said that, no need to play respectfully or thanking others like in a chess game... if you can't deal with toxicity then DBD isn't your game

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

Lets wait for the next halloween or stream film where they will teabag the killer at the end lol

• Hallowgeek
    Options

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I don’t get offended by frivolous things. For me, a video game and real life are two different things. I wouldn’t compare somebody flipping me off to somebody using a character in a video game to go up and down. 90% of what people do on the internet are things they wouldn’t dream of doing in real life.

I also wouldn’t care if somebody did flip me off in person, I would personally just laugh. I’d only become defensive if they tried to physically attack me. That’s just not something I’d ever have to worry about on a game. Teabag away, flashlight click me all day. It doesn’t do anything and it shouldn’t be offensive.

We play video games to have fun and for escapism. Why let them get you worked up when there’s plenty of stuff in the real world to do that?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Do you get offended by racial or sexist slurs? Because they are just words, aren´t they?

And while real life and a video game are two different things, both include real people, and the disrespect these people show in a video game is just as real as if they do it in real life.

And they do things they wouldn´t in real life because we as a community let them, and don´t sanction such behaviour.

But i believe things react to each other, since rude behaviour becomes more accepted in real life through the acceptance in the web.

"Wehret den Anfängen".

• Hallowgeek
    Options

No I don’t get offended by racial or sexist slurs. I don’t get offended by any words as like you said, they are just words. Words can only offend you if you let them. And I choose not to let them. I’m honestly not easily offended. I just couldn’t care less. What somebody else thinks of me is none of my business. I know who I am and I know who I’m not. That’s all that matters.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    edited July 2020
    Options

When would people stop and care about in game actions such as clicks, tbag, slug and such?Funny how those are labeled toxic.

Really, its no big deal

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

Yall never played Halo if Tbagging gets you upset

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I think it's mainly because it's an incredibly competitive game. I get annoyed and frustrated sometimes too but I never let it ruin my day or anything like that.

• PIUES
    Options

I do agree with you. And I do apologize i forgot to put some words in my sentence but I forgot lol. But yes I do agree with you.

• PIUES
    Options

No I have played halo but not like the first halo I think I played 3 and yeah there was a lot of Tbagging.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Finally someone who looks at it with common sense. These things are done to be toxic and to bully so feeling emotions about it should be understandable given the reason why people do it. The whole response people keep saying about how it's just a game or they're just pixel characters doesnt mean a damn thing. It's the meaning behind it is what matters.

• MyWorldHasCome
    MyWorldHasCome Member Posts: 146
    Options

Well, if they teabag you as a survivor, just push them out of the exit door and here you go. If the killer is the one teabagging you (Ghostface or The Pig), just play normally until the game ends.

Ignoring those facts is the most healthy action to take to be honest. Making more attention of it is just giving the reason to those who does that.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143
    Options

There are far more toxic survivors than there are killers. Every match as survivor and when I played as killer, I ran into toxic survivors. Always people that teabag at the exit gates, etc. Why I prefer playing as survivor.