The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So whatever happened to Benedict Baker and his quotes?

se05239
se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Seems like after the Clown, no killer have gotten a quote from Benedict Baker about his encounter with said killer. And I dunno, it was a very small but tremendously powerful bit of Lore as it told us a bit about the Entity's Realm and what the survivors see and experience.

@not_Queen @Peanits Do you know the reason behind why it was removed?

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    edited September 2019

I think he died

Like, actually died

• se05239
    edited September 2019

Time's kinda weird in the Entity's realm, isn't it?

No matter if he's dead "now", he could still have retroactively faced each current and upcoming killer in a trial and made an opinion.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I know about the "Death is not an escape" means that you cannot die

But everyone messes up, what happens if clown actually killed him with his T H I C C NE S S and the entity actually could not allow him to come back?

This is just a theory however, A gAmE tHeoRy

• SureSpear
    SureSpear Member Posts: 211

The way you "die for real" in the Entity's realm is ny having your whole soul eaten and then having your body flung into the void. The Entity has turned the void into a trash can for survivor husks and failure killers.

• TorkoalKing
    TorkoalKing Member Posts: 49

In Benedict we trust! What if instead of dying he actually escaped? Or he becomes/joins the entity?

• End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

Benedict is supposedly the character from the Hallowed Blight event. Meaning the Entity grabbed him and he became thing. My guess is that he might be the Prisoner for the Archives

• se05239

That doesn't matter much since time is so wonky in the Entity's Realm.

He could still have encountered all killers in the game, present and upcoming, before his disappearance. There's no reason to not have Benedict Baker quotes on every killer, nonetheless.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

The Devs got lazy.

@Orion could tell you more about that, I think.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

In hallowed blight, it's mentioned that he's searching for Vigo. No idea what happened to him. I asked the same question and that seemed to be the common consensus.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It's actually ambiguous. All that's mentioned is that he's searching for Vigo, nothing else.

• End_of_Slayer

Time may be messed up, but that doesn’t mean he encountered everything before us. Did he know about specific killers before us? Yes. But if his quotes are missing, that means he hasn’t written about them, so he hasn’t had a chance to see them. And if he didn’t see the new killers, he definitely didn’t see the new survivors (which would be more likely because there are 4 of them in a trial.)

Could I be wrong? Possibly, the Archives are giving us journal entries, whether from Benedict or Vigo. Maybe they were lost to the fog at some point.

• filipek290
    filipek290 Member Posts: 1

At Polish Wiki I read that can be a killer in the next DLC or sth like that, becuase his notes showing that he lost a hope. Entity living by losing a hope. Losing all hope is tantamount to becoming a killer.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited July 2020

I do miss his notes on both the survivors and Killers it gives you a decent insight into the character.

Min- Being a lone wolf who doesn't seem to care much about the other survivors.

Kate- Constantly trying to lift everybody spirits

Clown- Only wanting to go after less aware targets

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Huh. I had no idea Bakers whereabouts where unknown. I just assumed he was Archives guy. So...

Not to derail thread but, fellow Lore enthusiasts; mind filling me in on what Baker, Vigo, Alchemist and Archive guy are up to? I do as much Archives as I can but that's admittedly not much.

• abc_9000
    abc_9000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 137

i think he turned into a glob monster and hiding from the entity. The entity either wants him died or he wants him for something

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I've always had the theory that he was the first person to slowly start to become a killer or at least The Entity was starting to put the restrictions on The Killers about going after him.

This would make sense as from Amanda and clown seem to outright ignore him which he interprets as a second chance and seeing him as too aware respectively

However when you think about it this doesn't actually make sense for each of them.

Amanda deluded herself into the impression that she was correct with her nobody deserves a second chance mentality and sees the entity as a pseudo John figure there is no way I could see her giving someone a second chance. Unless you were specifically told to.

We know that clown is a very sadistic man on so it makes no sense for him to leave it with potential victim by himself even to the stage way he simply nodded in acknowledgement to him.

So it's quite possible that The Killers were told not to go off to him or simply notice something in him that is making them leave him be but considering it stopped after clown that idea kind of fell flat

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Very nice observations! Baker going over to the other side is something I had also considered since he gets more rambling and out of focus as his entries go on.

• End_of_Slayer

I've always considered Benedict as a character that had turned into a killer, what with his final message of "If someone finds my body, please bury it" and we know death is not a way out. I want to devs to add more lore to him like they said they were, but right now we're getting original character's backstories, learning more about the observer, and more about the alchemist than baker sadly. Tome 2 even referenced Vigo in observation number 8. They're giving us clues and we just don't know how to piece everything together.