Ghostface mains.

Options

A question.

Do you think that if survivors did not know they are exposed, GF would be op?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

He'd almost certainly be OP in that case

If I've been able to stalk someone for long enough that I have them marked, generally that means they had no idea I was watching them. I suppose you could argue that they should keep a better eye on their surroundings but ultimately I do think they deserve some kind of an indication that I'm watching them.

Generally too if I have you marked, it's already too late to get away anyway :D

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

I would like to see that as an iri addon when they hopefully do a rework for him. I think it would be a bit much to be base kit though. People who do stalk a lot basically 99 and then finish when it's a guaranteed down anyways.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I wouldn't say OP but he would certainly climb a tier.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

worthless change. Most of the times Myers one-taps the survivors, before that you can't have any knowledge about his stalking rate. If you see somebody going instantly down you know Myers has T3, then you can just start a countdown.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

he be very strong.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

Ghost mace not crusty

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

What I love about Ghostface is how he can terrify you such as grab you off a gen.

SWFs destroy him with Comms though

Survivors are given too much free information, why is there a warning you've been stalked?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Then let me elaborate a bit more. The stance doesn't change, there's no cue to the Tier being changed, and his Terror Radius does not increase during Tier lll. The same issues could still apply to what you said, but the point of this post wasn't to really mention what happens AFTER the first person gets downed, just the first person being downed.

• w_sohl
    w_sohl Member Posts: 124
    Options

The real question is, why does GF get an alert that a survivor is exposing him? Survivors have no idea they are being stalked till it's to late. So why does GF get that knowledge?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

No, but he would be ridiculously overbearing. The fact that he's an add-on dependant killer would mean that, without his add-ons, he would still be an m1 killer most of the time. But, if he had no tell AND solid cooldown reduction, that would be OP.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

This reminds me of the new perk Trail of Torment. The devs said the reason they wanted to show the yellow gen highlight was because survivors wouldn't have any idea that something had happened. If you took away the info you get from GF he would be boring. You would just sit there in silence waiting for something to happen then he just downs you. It's like getting hit with noed. There's no counterplay possibility so it feels bad. I don't think it would be OP more boring to go against.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

I mean... that's true assuming the survivors are braindead and incapable. There absolutely is counterplay (to both this and NOED, but that's a different conversation entirely lol).

I can only imagine most survivors, knowing they're up against Ghostface, would keep their heads on a swivel instead of waiting for an alert. If anything I think it'd be more exciting because they would actually have to keep watch instead of potentially relying on the game to do it for them.

Then again, considering Ghostface could be playing hit + run anyways, they should already be doing this... so little would change lol.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

as I told you, it wouldn't change anything. Since most of the times Myers one-taps you, which is basically not knowing when he is in t3. It would only give Myers the ability to pop t3 at a long distance, then downing another survivor, but it's basically one tapping.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Without a doubt.

Furthermore you shouldn't be exposing a survivor unless you know without a doubt you can down them very quickly. Otherwise it's just a waste of a surprise tactic.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

When playing survivor that would be much more fun. Would make him a bit more scary to face.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    edited July 2020
    Options

"Exposed" is a Status Effect. You can't hide a Status Effect from the Survivor's HUD.

It works as a Warning. I don't think that there should be something which hides Status Effect's imo.

Edit: Maybe a Perk on the Survivor's side to challenge themsevles like No Mither, that could actually work. But not as a Killer Perk or Mechanic.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

Stalking is meh especially in higher rank did came up with a idea to improve it though to give stalking more meaning and make it more rewarding to do:

increase rate survivors become marked on base

slightly decrease durition on them being fully marked

survivors do not hear the noise notfication of them being stalked till its 85-90% done (dont know if survivors can actually get a sound notfication on when they are being stalked but just added it just in case)

Slightly increase range of stalk

Stalk:

when survivor is fully marked they gain the exposed status and are not able to hear the Terror Radius or see the red stain for the duration of the mark even if GF is out of night shroud.

any perks that will normally alert survivors to killer (spine chill, premontiton etc) will be constanly on throughout the duration of the mark

GF will gain killer instinct on the mark survivor every 3 seconds while they are marked for the duration

I would stalk alot more if it was that kind of reward for the stalking not just expose keep in mind aswell myers has increase lunge and faster vaulting when in tier 3 while gf just get exposed so thought it might be a good idea to give gf some nice benefits to marking a survivior.

• DCash
    Options

I'm already looking around for gf. Not everyone uses spine chill bud.

As for the counterplay to noed.... Yeah break totems... Fun. I'm sorry but no one should be asked to find every totem on every map. Some maps are too big to search by yourself and frankly that's boring gameplay. You say you want survivors to not rely on the game doing it for them..... The don't use noed. When I said counterplay I meant in a 1v1 vs the killer sense. In the moment while being chased there's nothing you can do to counter noed except hope your team breaks it, if they even know it's up.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193
    Options

If GF manages to fully stalk you and then walk up to you and hit you without you reacting I'm pretty sure you need to start moving your camera more. But I also think it would be decently strong and unfun for a lot of people.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

It would be broken, especially with how annoying it can be to reveal him sometimes. Sometimes you need to let him stalk you in order to reveal him so not knowing whether he got enough off you or not is a bit broken.

I think not knowing how much you've been stalked is already pretty good on him.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited July 2020
    Options

I fail to see how none of those changes do nothing, if you pair both the OPs and mine side by side it's literally the same thing. The Survivor doesn't know they're exposed, they get downed, and that's it. Yes, it's common that Myers pops Tier 3 usually behind someone within a few meters, which would make it kind of pointless, but my comment wasn't really serious in the first place so... I don't see why it's being taken seriously.

In the case of the OPs change it's more sudden since Ghostface doesn't have a stance change when you're exposed, but if you remove the stance change with Myers it's basically the same outcome... a sudden down. The same can be said for Ghostface as well, he can also stand within a few meters and one tap someone who's at 99%.

• Halun
    Options

Lol you're entirely missing my point.

If you're already looking around for ghostface? Then you wouldn't likely have any more issues than you already do... This sort of change would really only affect lower-skill players who are incapable of scanning their environment while completing tasks. Higher skill players already have the necessary skills to render this sort of change moot.

And truth be told, I don't even necessarily think the proposed change is a great idea, precisely because it would be punishing to new and lower skill players but entirely irrelevant against higher skill players. But pretending it wouldn't have any counterplay is just silly. It would. And Spine chill wouldn't be a necessity. It'd be a boon, much like most other perks lol.

As for NOED? Honestly I didn't even want to have this argument... But whether the counterplay is boring or not is irrelevant.There is still a counter lol. Pretending it doesn't have counterplay because you don't like the counter is kinda hyperbolic and disingenuous. I mean feel free to criticize it. But saying it has no counter? Idk...

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Wait you want me to stalk and not gen grab?

and no it shouldn’t matter if you know you are or not as you run from mr killer thou it’s ok if they know cause it shouldn’t make a difference.

• DCash
    Options

You are the one missing the point and not very good at reading comprehension. I clearly state that noed has a counter in destroying totems and spine chill change would be pointless. That doesn't change the fact that it's stupid to expect survivors to cleanse all totems every game. Not to mention good players know it's a waste of time to cleanse dulls. Also, I am waiting for you to explain how you counter noed while being chased?? It's almost like you didn't even read my post.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

As an iridescent add-on could do, but not base kit as it would be very unfair

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Only add-on dependent if you can't go one trial without stacking cooldown add-ons, which IMO is not that necessary unlike what most "mains" say.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Sure. I guess if you're good enough you can deal with the best survivor teams with a whopping 30 second cooldown. I've just never, ever seen anyone be able to do it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

You want to be warned that a killer, who's entire power is stalking, is stalking you? You're kidding right? Would you like an aura to show when Trapper sets a trap as well?

• thrawn3054
    Options

To be fair, Ghostface can be hard to spot at times. Especially if they are running the classic scream outfit.

• Halun
    Options

It can be, but his mask practically glows with that outfit too, so idk lol. I mean I guess if they've got the devil mask I can see your point to an extent.

I just don't like the idea of doing all this work concealing yourself and ensuring survivors can't see you, stalking them, and then they get a notification saying "bad man staring at you". It seems counter to the entire mechanic. That's the entire reason the hit+run build developed imo. Why bother doing all that work (when you could be stabbing them instead) and ruin the surprise factor?

But I don't know how I'd fix it either. As I said before, I don't know if removing that notification would be the best option alone, since it would really only punish less skilled survivors. Idk.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

It's time that spine chill does not work on him. It's just stupid that it does.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

I lowkey like the effect of knowing they're exposed. I hide in distant places, stalk people to exposure who I won't chase, then watch them run around trying to hide while I go hunt for someone else.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Oh I'm not saying there needs to be a warning. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying as much as Ghostface can blend it's understandable not being able to spot him.

• Halun
    Options

I mean sure... But it really depends on the map, outfit, stalk location, players involved, etc.

I think I said before, sometimes you just won't see him. And without a notification you'd end up getting caught out. That would happen sometimes. But I don't think it'd be a constant issue for most skilled players. That's all.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options

You act like he's completely helpless when on cooldown. It's up to the player to act accordingly when Night Shroud is not ready. It also depends on when or if your power was disabled during the last chase.

The 30 seconds I will agree is a tedious cooldown for a stealth killer power, but then I remember that he can move base speed whenever he wants with no TR and Stain, and owns an extremely fast stalk rate in base kit that is really powerful when utilized correctly.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options

The part you're leaving out is if the now marked survivors know where you even stalked them from. Even the sweatiest red rank survivors I've faced get confused and panicked about my location.

• MadLordJack
    Options

He is just a other legion or trapper without his power, so yes, he is completely helpess against good survivors. Even his crouch is only good against bad players. And I don't care to measure a killer against the mediocre or majority, but as to how well they can do against the best.

Thirty whole seconds is an extremely large amount of time for a killer to not have a power, so much so that Ghostface goes from being in Night Shroud, setting up tactical moves and 99ing opponents without their ever knowing, to literally being unable to exploit all of his previous work and being forced to either wait 30 whole seconds to fully stalk someone, or hitting them and nullifying the fact that he wasted all that time 99ing them. In fact, Ghostface might be the only killer in the game who not only actively sabotages his own efforts, but is encouraged to by a ridiculous cooldown period.

• Halun
    Options

I mean I can't really argue against your anecdotes, I can only really say that hasn't been my experience.

Doesn't mean either of us is wrong, simply means it's variable. I fully admit you might just confuse people enough into getting the drop on them at times. But I have a hard time believing that would become the norm based off my own experiences.

But who knows. Maybe you're just way better at Ghostface than I am. Idk.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options

That stuff is the SOLE reason I hardly 99 survivors. If I'm going for a stalk approach, I'm surely committing to it, and it's been successful everytime.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I always thought it was a bit of a conflict that survivors know they are oblivious.

same with exposed.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Late to this thread, but I really love this idea actually. I'm not a huge fan of either of his current iridescent add-ons and I hardly ever use them, but this? This is something I would definitely use, combined with The Lasting Perfume maybe.

Specifically the outdoor security camera that I think is more the underwhelming of the two, I really don't know why the devs insist on giving killers an iridescent add-on that reveals survivors auras under extremely specific circumstances for a really short duration. The Hellshire Iron for Deathslinger, Leprose Lichen for Demogorgon, Iridescent Seal of Metatron for Pyramid Head, Tattoo's middle finger for Clown, etc. are all extremely underwhelming add-ons and generally aren't fun to use.

There are some exceptions to this rule I think, The Oni's equivalent: Renjiro's Bloody Glove, Plague's equivalent: Black incense, Pig's Equivalent: Amanda's Letter, and Wraith's equivalent: "All Seeing" - Blood (although it's not an iridescent it's a "Very Rare" I figured I'd mention it anyway) are all really good and fun to use. But this is because they aren't as restrictive or dependent on super specific conditions or circumstances, or just generally speaking aren't as useless, as the ones I mentioned previously.

To that end it's also worth mentioning that killers should in general have as unique add-ons as possible that are specific to their power and make using their power more powerful, fun, change up their playstyle etc. This repeated trend of constantly making "survivor has their aura revealed when using x power" for an iridescent add-on is completely overdone, oversaturated, and completely unnecessary.

Long story short: this should definitely replace the Outdoor Security Camera. I would love to see this as an iridescent add-on for Ghostface it would make him infinitely more surprising and scary because there are even less ways to realize he's there. Survivors would be forced to be much more aware, even more than they already are as a Ghostface and it would be absolutely incredible. Devs make it happen!

• Sleep_Deprave
    Sleep_Deprave Member Posts: 22
    Options

Looking through all the answers, honestly I'd say all of em r mostly valid imo

Having it replace the oh so useful iri add ons would be so fun, it would actually change the game entitely and would be fun for both parties.

I could also see it as base. Ghosty is a stealthy boi, so when a survivor gets exposed notif, they should start runnin if not already, and if Ghost didnt get a decent enough stalk position he has to start chase, andl b worse if they got SB. It would change early game since surv r still guessing who's killer, after that it would go as usual, it would make him more spoopy to go against and make surv stay alert.

On the other hand i can also see this as op. Having Ghost not give info to the surv especially on certain maps would be insane. Many players would struggle to deal with him.

As for what I would do, I would keep it as is. Most people when I play get exposed and continue to sit there until I'm right in their face, but it is funny when they get confused and look around everywhere to find me.

If they were too change Ghost, the biggest thing he needs is a decrease of his recovery time, maybe to like 25-20 sec and nerf his recovery add ons

• MadLordJack
    Options

Til you go against a half-decent team, sure. Stalking, exposing and downing a single person has so much counterplay, and gives good survivors such confidence, that it is even more on them to lose than normal.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Options