I'm running out of addons as survivor...

Options

Since the change for survivors to lose addons EVEN when you escape (even when using a white ward) I saw how my addon inventory decreased more and more and more...

Now im sitting on plenty of items but pretty much 0 useful addons.

This change is terrible. If I play killer I never run out of addons because black wars actually safes my addons no matter what and I generally earn more BP (not even including bbq which has an actual use besides double bp).

I could go our now as huntress and spam 100 matches in a row with infantry belt and iri head without pumping bp into her, just to give you a perspective.

Imo either the addon loss needs to be looked at (at least lose only 1 addon when escaping and not both) or survivors need to gain more BP

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Yeah, this is the woes of killer, too. It’s not unique

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I don't use addons as Survivor because they're all crap so I wouldn't know. Even the items themselves are pretty much useless.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

I do know. I've done it.

Though I'm not sure why that stops you from playing killer to get bloodpoints.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Then just quit grabbing items and go for add ons there really isn’t too much more to it then that

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

During the event was the time to load up on items and addons. I leveled multiple characters from 1 to P3 50 in a single day. Took me a second day to get all the perks on that character.Does the item finding/addon finding build still work with the change? If so then I'd suggest that. Killer lost their addons for as long as I can remember so it's only fair.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

You shouldn't have to play a different side or earn more bp and if killers got to keep addons when they 4k iri head infantry belt spam. Also with the lack of b ppl and the heavily bloated survivor bloodwebs this change the devs made was terrible and hardly thought over.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

Killers don't get to keep their addons. They never have. Not without a black ward.

The reason I suggested playing killer is because you get MORE bloodpoints for playing killer than you do playing survivor, and that's how it should be. Killer requires you to do more, and thus you get rewarded better.

• azame
    Options

Dude this is just like gears 5 tod it forces you to play stuff you dont want to play for rewards. I want to play survivor not killer. Sure I'll play killer if I'm really in need of bp but I rather play the role I prefer. Ik many killer mains who think this change is dumb. Also if killers never kept there addons why is it a problem now?

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

You don't have to play killer to get bloodpoints. You have to play killer to get more bloodpoints per match, because killer is harder, and has better rewards to compensate (which is how it should be).

I'm not sure why you aren't able to wrap your brain around this.

• azame
    Options

That's not good why should I have to play a side I dont prefer in order to get more rewards.

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020
    Options

It's not about playing what you don't want, it's about playing the harder role.

The KILLER role requires more work and strategy. It's also more difficult, time sensitive and more unforgiving for mistakes. If a killer makes a mistake in a chase, there's a pretty large chance that they just threw the game.

Survivor isn't as difficult, time isn't a huge factor, and they have a lot more room for mistakes. If a survivor makes a mistake, they can recover from it most of the time. They are rewarded less because their job isn't as hard, and they are a team of 4. As opposed to a killer, who has a lot more to do, has to worry about 4 separate survivors, and gets rewarded for taking on the more difficult job.

That's called equality. Compensated more for a harder job.

Are you against equality? If you are, then there's a word for that. It's called being entitled.

Nobody is FORCING you to play killer. You do NOT need to play killer to get bloodpoints. But if you want the rewards a killer gets, you need to play killer. Plain and simple.

• azame
    Options

I dont find killer harder than survivor nor do I find it easier both sides can get tough opponents the only time killer is harder is when you are against a coordinated good swf. Other than that its subjective.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

No, killer is objectively the harder role to play. The only time it's not is when you're going against baby survivors who don't know what they are doing, and when you do that, you get jack ######### for bloodpoints as killer anyway. That's not even debatable. Even the most die hard survivor mains on this forum know this, and say this. Both sides have their issue, but killer gets more points because they deserve more points.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It's hardly useless. It'll protect those addons if you do escape. Or you can combo with Plunders Instinct to far items and addons at the same time.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Every time I run out of add ons with a certain character I prestige and get them to level 50 again. Then when I get P3 I stop using items altogether because I hold M1 and generator go brrrr

• azame
    Options

Ok fine I'll agree with you for the sake of the arguement but with no other effect increased bp for survivors why are you so against it, it doesnt even hurt killers as a whole. Why are you so against it? You play a side you enjoy and you are awarded less? The only reason I as km for increased bl is those matches where you are hard tunneled and left with less than 10k. What about killer who got 0 kills and 25k points did they work hard they lost and still come out with more bp that makes no sense.

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020
    Options

If survivor BP were to increase, killer would need to increase as well. Then I'd be okay with it.

Because, again, it's right for those who have a harder job, with more responsibility, to get rewarded more. There is no version of this where this isn't true. In no way, shape or form, should you be rewarded the same for less work.

It's also used as an incentive to get people to play killer by the devs. Even the devs know killer is the harder role, and to keep the player base balanced, bloodpoints are a great way to entice people to play killer.

• azame
    Options

I can get around with that increase bp for both sides just so survivors stop getting this less than 10k games.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

I would be fine with that. It would benefit everyone.

I just don't agree with what a lot of people say that "survivors should get the same amount as killers". We both know that's nonsense.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I love these posts, because i've seen so many people get more blood points as survivor than killer many times and they don't even have to have items! funny that... killer is more item dependant than survivors are. survivors can repair a generator without a tool box, they can heal another without a med kit, take down totems without anything, search a chest (for you guessed it an item!). they can play how ever they want to play with out an item or addon. killers can't play how they want to play without add ons to give them that extra power. jump scare mikie? need the mirror, pallet freddy needs one of three different items. hell the only thing that killers get in perks is to help them swing faster or kick a gen/pallet with perks. survivors can heal faster with some perks (more than one), repair gens faster, open the exit gates faster, take totems down or search chests with multiple perks.

I have seen survivors get more than 20K points without any items at all, and on a regular basis. I guess if you're getting 9K points or less you aren't playing the game at your level of experience. Oh I've seen people get 200 points before because they didn't do anything, i've ssen 6-10K because they played badly. but the only thing you should whine about is that 5000 BP bonus at the end to survive, otherwise if you do gens, heal, unhook, get chased, you get the points you need. lol I play both sides, i play all characters and many times i'll go into the game without items/addons becuase i simply don't care or because i don't have them on EITHER side.... I don't complain I just play, get more points and blamo i have items but I have to choose whom I put the points on to.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Soooooo true. Items are crap now. Toolbox especially. It runs out super quick with very little gen progression. They were much more useful before the change. You could actually get stuff done.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

The perk is good too. Unpredictable for the killer, giving you bottled time or probably keys with milky glass or maps to track totems and stuff. Or flashlights with batteries against a hag maybe?

Btw White Ward saves addons. Don't know if you didn't use it since the PTB anymore that introduced the change, but it was a known issue and is fixed for several months already.

And your killer comparison somehow lacks reality. For the Huntress addon example: most games I see the killer gets less points than the addons cost in the web. So you would run out of addons. And saying you put a million into Huntress to get enough addons to spam them doesn't really help the comparison to survivor addons.

Besides that, there is the everlasting comparison that killers depend on addons way more than survivors. Survivors don't even need items to have decent games. And you see item/addonless survivors all the time, but almost never you see addonless killers. Only the best killers tend to do that and most likely you just see it on top tier killers like Nurse and Oni

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

I'm no longer playing this game for some time but I could swear that the BP cap is 32k for both roles, is that still true ? If so then you have the potential to earn just as much as any Killer (with proper management of time).

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

Why the full build when just BBQ is just as efficient. The others don't increase post trial, just makes you hit max easier (when is already easy enough).

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

you are correct, though survivors do get the short shaft if they do not survive becuase the survival category gets a 5000 point bonus for surviving straight up. (personally I think that's a crap way to do it but it is how it is) so you see far fewer 32K matches on survivor than you see on killer but the median bloodpoint earning is 10-20K while the median bloodpoint earning for killers is about 15-25K (these are median) many people as survivors only want to do gens and get out, it's nothing else i mean 15 seconds for 1000 points on a totem (max 5)and a lit totem is 1500 only one thing increases that time and that's thrill of the hunt. then there is We're going to live forever on survivor to get EXTRA Blood points, but that's a david perk and no one wants to run it because it messes with their meta perk builds. though killer's have bbq that does that and sees 4 seconds of survivors outside of 40 meters and extra blood points and that is a meta perk in general for killers but not always.

so yes there is a small discrepancy for the survivor but that can be made up with lots more but people don't want to do it becuase they don't want to be outside their comfort zone

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

I would hate to face you while I was playing killer.

How do you kill that which has no life?

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

Maybe don't bring a flashlight every match. Plunderers Instinct can help if you feel you can't win without items.

• WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

You litterly made the conversation last too long your so ignorant and eidnt see how you could have ended it earlier but no argue with a guy who recommends killer not forcing you you have your own life live it dont listen to other people if you dont want to if you really want survivors to get more bloodpoints then they already do I can agree I played my fair share of survivor and BP is hard to find playing survivor but saying killer is less harder then survivor? You've gone too far that's just stubborn we can get looped for 5 gens and unless your freddy or spirit that almost throws the game if your survivor you have to loop and hope he misses or Is boosted or just got the killer or he is "FUnN" and you can loop the poor soul for 5 gens maybe increase survivor BP but never should it be higher then killer if you really dont wanna switch just use well live forever.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Just always run ace in the hole you will never lose add-ons unless you die

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178
    Options

Ace has a perk to not lose add ons when escaping. Use that perk if add ons really mean that much to you.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

introducing: Ace In The Hole

this Perk not only allows you to leave with your Add Ons, it will also INCREASE the amount of Add Ons you have for FREE!

get your Ace In The Hole today for just 9000 Iridescent Shards* and a couple hundred thousand Bloodpoints**!

100% of our testers loved it!

furthermore, 100% of the users love it aswell! dont believe us? check the user rewiew section and see for yourself!

User Ratings:

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- Greatest Perk ever!

i have played with this perk for a while now and i must say the amount of Add Ons i received is astounding!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - wow

that must be the best perk in the game! i doubled the amount of Add Ons i had with just a single game!

⭐️ - <removed>

<this post has been removed by the company. The rating will not be applied to the product and the post will not be shown>

*shard price only applies when you dont own Ace

**amount of Bloodpoints needed to unlock the perk can vary from person to person

okay on a seious note:

i havent leveled my survivors for almost two years now and im nowhere near an Item / Add On shortage. Run Plunderers combined with Ace In The Hole and you can fill up your stock quie fast without having to touch the Bloodweb at all.

you dont need Items / Add Ons at all for survivor, using them is more like a onetime buff you can apply to them and i dont really mind that change too much tbh. its a lot like Killer Add Ons now, where they too are a buff applied to the power once, before being consumed.

regarding the BP gain: the way you get BPs is the exact same on both sides. no side gets "more BP than the other", both have 4 categories they need to fill up with points, all 8 of these categories are capped at 8.000 BP each and the overall maximum of BP you can get on both sides is 32.000 BP.

on top of that, both sides have Perks / Items / Add Ons / Offerings that increase their BP gain eigther during the trial or afterwards (WGLF, BBQ, Item interactions, ...)

the only difference is, that the Survivors 4 categories are centered around four individual tasks that need to be completed to get them: pushing the main objective, surviving, helping the team and interactions with the killer - the killers 4 categories however are all centered around the chase aspect: finding a survivor and chasing them, using your power in a chase, getting hits and breaking their defenses, hooking and sacrificing them.

that means, the killer is able to fill up all 4 cathegories with just one action: chasing, while survivors need to perform multiple tasks that each only fill up one of the categories.

so basically, the faster a game goes the harder it is for the Survivors to earn BPs, while being distracted from gens and working suboptimal gets them a LOT more points (healing, chasing, working together, self healing, ...).

Survivors have to work harder to get their points throughout the trial, therefore they are also the ones with the most time on their hands they can use to earn them. the Killer doesnt really have the chance to just go and do something else, as setup Killers such as Trapper or Hag have already proven to us.

also also, lets not forget the tons of new ways to earn BPs that are in the game now. that goes from Offerings over Dailies up to the latest addition in form on the Tome Challenges. leveling someone up now is not nearly as hard as it used to be and they are constantly working on improving this and reducing the grind.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Run Ace in the Hole, it saves your addons

• Zerog
    Zerog Member Posts: 27
    Options

Use ace in the hole if you care about your add ons that much, i personally i think all of them are pretty disposable, since items themselves are pretty short on duration almsot all add ons change very little to actually make any real impact in your match outside of BNP the syringe, syptic and flashlight green batterie + filament

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

Killers have been losing their add-ons for four years. You lose your add-ons for a few months and you cry nerf.... I think the devs thought it over plenty and made the right decision. Maybe try playing without any items. You might improve your skills when you aren't relying on add-ons.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Daww poor survivor mains can't keep the op stuff for multiple games in a row. such a shame.

Just play more killer. It is the easy side according to survivors on this forum.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

Doesn't open handed let you keep your addons?

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    edited July 2020
    Options

Not true ): the first aid kit has such good ones that give you loads of charges if you stack them. It makes solo survivor so much better.

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178
    Options

Yeah 😄😂😄😂😄😂. I don't know why people complain about the thing in the game when the game has a solution for it already.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,892
    Options

Use Ace in the Hole or play Killer for BP. As Survivor you get 500 k BP in 15 Matches while you can get that Amount in 6 or 7 Matches as Killer.