Spawning in Coldwind Farms and Swamp too many times

For the past week, I've done over a dozen rounds as killer and about 90% of the time I spawn in Coldwind or Swamp. And this is without any offerings to both places.

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Everything is RNG, including map locations without offerings. I wish there was a way for killers to select a realm, and have map offerings as a survivor "veto" or a killer "superdelegate."

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Had 12 matches the other night and only those maps. Feels like the odds are higher for these.
  • Rtdib2
    Rtdib2 Member Posts: 22

This is still continuing btw DEVS. I doubt it's anything but an easy fix for them, but it's gotten real old real fast.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I thought this was just me. I dread even touching the Nurse given how often these two realms pop up.

• Rtdib2

Yep. Just did a round at the farm with the Hag and running tier 3 NOED and the doors couldn't have been more far apart than they were. I'd hook one and down another near the other door and the hooked one is rescued, etc. etc until both doors were fully opened. And this was with iron grasp too but it was a no win situation for me unless I were to camp.

• Orion

@Rtdib2 said:
    Yep. Just did a round at the farm with the Hag and running tier 3 NOED and the doors couldn't have been more far apart than they were. I'd hook one and down another near the other door and the hooked one is rescued, etc. etc until both doors were fully opened. And this was with iron grasp too but it was a no win situation for me unless I were to camp.

That's why you camp when you want to win. 90% of the time it's the right thing to do.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

So glad it's not just me. I'm getting so sick of the farm maps, it's almost all I get.

• Rtdib2

Seeing how I mostly play the hag and pig as killer, you could see how much more of a nuisance it is.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Pretty sure you're tired of hearing this and you may think someone on the dev team is trolling you by having you play those maps a lot, but until you got actual proof of that, here's the actual fact as of now...

You're experiencing RNG at its finest.
    While you're stuck with a few areas mostly, my RNG usually sends me to all kinds of locations.
    But last month i had a lot of Red Forest.
    It really is just RNG playing with you.

• Orion

@Boss said:
    Pretty sure you're tired of hearing this and you may think someone on the dev team is trolling you by having you play those maps a lot, but until you got actual proof of that, here's the actual fact as of now...

While you're stuck with a few areas mostly, my RNG usually sends me to all kinds of locations.

It could also be that RNG is poorly implemented. For example, instead of picking realms first (Coldwind Farm, for example) and locations later (Rancid Abattoir), it could just be picking locations right off the bat.

• Boss
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

It could also be that RNG is poorly implemented. For example, instead of picking realms first (Coldwind Farm, for example) and locations later (Rancid Abattoir), it could just be picking locations right off the bat.

That would result in Coldwind Farm, MacMillan Estate & Autohaven Wreckers showing up way more.

There's multiple locations per realm for most realms, increasing the chances you go to those realms instead of those with only one location.

Hey devs: Realms first pls.

• Orion

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

That would result in Coldwind Farm, MacMillan Estate & Autohaven Wreckers showing up way more.

There's multiple locations per realm for most realms, increasing the chances you go to those realms instead of those with only one location.

I meant, that's how it might work currently. I do get those three (and the Swamp) more than any other realm.

• Boss

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

I meant, that's how it might work currently. I do get those three (and the Swamp) more than any other realm.

Yeah sorry, i figured later you weren't suggesting it, but theorizing that it is so.
    My mistake. :p

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Most of my games are coldwind farm also. 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    *Sees game load into Coldwind Farm*
    ", Country roads, take me home
    To the place, I belong
    West Virginia, mountain mama
    Take me home, country roads. . ."
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

i got Springwood 4 or times in a row right after i bought Freddy... It was either they wanted to show me they were really happy i bought Freddy or RNG was really wacky. every time i want to go to Gideon Meat Plant... no dice. but i ask for the farm or the swamp hey why not man. You know how great those maps are for the wraith

• Rtdib2

@Boss said:

This wasn't an issue until after the new DLC came out. As a survivor, the map spawns seem to be leveled out, except for the new map very rarely being chosen. But as killer, it's all Farm and Swamp.

• ArkhamRobot
    ArkhamRobot Member Posts: 22

Predominantly Coldwind, Macmillan and Autohaven.

The RNG is biased IMO.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

WHAT, I only ever get the Wreckers yard, EVERY damn game

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

@ArkhamRobot said:
    Predominantly Coldwind, Macmillan and Autohaven.

The RNG is biased IMO.

The RNG is biased, because there are more maps in some realms than in others. Barring offerings, there is an equal chance for each map. However, the Coldwind, Autohaven, and MacMillan Realms have five maps each. Asylum and Swamp have two maps each, and every other realm only has a single map.

As there are 25 maps in the game, the percentage chance of getting any given specific map is 4%. The chance of getting a specific Realm falls out as follows:

Coldwind, Autohaven, MacMillan: 20% each
    Asylum, Swamp: 8% each
    Haddonfield, Lery's, Red Forest, Springwood, Gideon, Yamaoka: 4% each

Changing it so each Realm has an equal chance isn't really a solution though, as that will make individual maps within those Realms even less likely to appear than the single-map Realms are now. There are 11 Realms, so if each Realm had an equal chance of appearing, that would be a little over a 9% chance per Realm, giving a less than 2% chance of seeing any specific map within the "big three" Realms.

I wish they would start putting new maps into existing Realms, and maybe combining some single-map Realms. For example, Springwood and Haddonfield could be combined into a new Realm called "Suburban Streets". Some of the other killer-specific maps could be listed under a generic Realm to allow more map variety within the Realm, like making Treatment Theater be in a new "Hospital" Realm instead of specifically in Lery's Memorial Institute.