Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivor suggestion: Soldier

ToolboxMotley
ToolboxMotley Member Posts: 31
edited September 2018 in Creations

Primarily just a vehicle for some perks I'd love to see, but the idea of a soldier seems quite fitting for what those perks are. Call 'em Andrew Malone or something. ;)

Perks...

Shallow Trenches: Replace your crouch with a crawl that moves at 50/60/70% of the speed of crouching. Uses the same animation as a Survivor in Dying state. This puts you much lower to the ground and more difficult to spot, but makes your crouched movement slower.

Take One for the Team: Lunge forward recklessly with the special action key. Colliding with the Killer stuns them for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds, inflicting the user with Exposed for 30 seconds and Exhausted for 90/75/60 seconds. Cannot be used while Exhausted.

Not On My Watch: This one may be more of a dream, as it'd likely take some work to make a carried Survivor look alright on another Survivor's shoulder, not to mention the carrying Survivor's animation itself. Pick up a downed ally and move with them at 75% speed (walking and sprinting can both be used) for 5/7/10 seconds. Cooldown of 5/4/3 minutes.

The costumes available for such a character could be nicely varied, as well. Forest and desert camouflage would be some obvious ones. Might need some exposed skin to keep from being too good at hiding; a torn sleeve or something along those lines.

Post edited by ToolboxMotley on

Comments

• ToolboxMotley
    edited September 2018
    ._. Thanks for ensuring that no one will see this post with your 16 threads, @Peasant
  • WeraRaptor
    WeraRaptor Member Posts: 18
    The Take One For The Team perk is excellent, but the killer stun is way too short; the killer would practically be able to hit the survivor straight away. Change stun time to 3/3/4 seconds. 

Secondly, the Not On My Watch perk is also a super cool idea, but the movement speed should be slower and with the perk you should not be able to crouch, and carry the survivor only for 20/25/30 seconds before you drop them and they let out a scream (not a shock therapy scream that shows an aura, but like a loud grunt). 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Take One For the Team, stun duration seems way too short and exposed feels more like the perk should be called "suicide mission". Perhaps a different draw back that isn't so extreme? Like hindered for 5 seconds or something.

Shallow Trenches- This is pretty interesting. On the one hand it is more realistic. Why can't survivors low crawl? On the other hand I don't think it is an accident that survivors can't just low crawl to begin with. I think if you had 4 immersed survivors low crawling around the map, it would just be torture. So while it does make sense, I think for the health of the game this is a bad idea.

Not on my Watch- I actually like this concept, but it definitely needs to last longer than 10 seconds! I think the cool down could be shorter too.

• ToolboxMotley
    edited October 2018

@Dreamnomad said:
    Shallow Trenches- This is pretty interesting. On the one hand it is more realistic. Why can't survivors low crawl? On the other hand I don't think it is an accident that survivors can't just low crawl to begin with. I think if you had 4 immersed survivors low crawling around the map, it would just be torture. So while it does make sense, I think for the health of the game this is a bad idea.

Perhaps, but I think the tradeoffs make up for it. Your crouch is entirely replaced with the crawl; you no longer have the option of crouching, which is faster and actually gives you a slimmer profile compared to the reduced vertical profile of crawling. Crawling would help in expansive patches of tall grass or with low walls, but would actually be worse for hiding in corners or behind trees, generators, and other narrow objects. Combined with the slower movement, it becomes more of a tool for static hiding spots than for evasion.

@WeraRaptor said:
    The Take One For The Team perk is excellent, but the killer stun is way too short; the killer would practically be able to hit the survivor straight away. Change stun time to 3/3/4 seconds. 

@Dreamnomad said:
    Take One For the Team, stun duration seems way too short and exposed feels more like the perk should be called "suicide mission". Perhaps a different draw back that isn't so extreme? Like hindered for 5 seconds or something.

True, I suppose the Stun is a tad small. My thought was that its primary purpose would be for saving allies that are being carried, while being a highly risky move for yourself. It also needs to entice the Killer to go after you instead of just chasing the saved ally again. As such, I don't think 5 seconds of Hindered would be all that suitable; I went with the 30-second Exposed so that the Killer has a significant opportunity to make the trade between the Survivor they were originally carrying, and you.
    Another usage that's since crossed my mind is stunning the Killer just long enough to grab the Hatch during one of those half-hour-long standoffs that shouldn't be a part of the game. X)

@WeraRaptor said:
    Secondly, the Not On My Watch perk is also a super cool idea, but the movement speed should be slower and with the perk you should not be able to crouch, and carry the survivor only for 20/25/30 seconds before you drop them and they let out a scream (not a shock therapy scream that shows an aura, but like a loud grunt). 

@Dreamnomad said:
    Not on my Watch- I actually like this concept, but it definitely needs to last longer than 10 seconds! I think the cool down could be shorter too.

My intention was to allow for a quick repositioning if the Killer gets distracted by someone else before hooking a Survivor, or a save when your ally goes down inches from the exit gate. For those purposes, I don't think it'd need to be too long a carry, though I suppose it may be too short to really work for the first purpose. You may not be able to get far enough away for the Killer to lose track of their downed victim.