The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should you be able to play w/ friend And randoms as survivor if you are the killer?

Bmore84
Bmore84 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Polls

I have read the original complaint about why this wouldn’t work, meaning people would tip off their friend as the killer or use it to farm. I just don’t know that this is sufficient reason not to have the feature, as it’s a constant annoyance that you can’t do it to spice things up if you only have a friend or two that plays. Why couldn’t you ask a person looking for a game if they are open to playing in a game like this and give them the choice? Why couldn’t you force them to be in a shared communications party with their fellow survivors by default, as sea of thieves does with boat crews? I am just saying their are plausible solutions to stop this issue.

should developers find a way to make this work? Should you be able to play with friends where one of you is the killer and your other friend(s) and some random people are survivors?

Should you be able to play w/ friend And randoms as survivor if you are the killer? 35 votes

Yes, if the randoms are asked whether they want to join first.
11%
Pega6UndershotTotemsCleansersteponmeadiris 4 votes
Yes, if all survivors are automatically placed in a voice/party together to prevent cross talk with the killer.
22%
NekoGamerXDetailedDetrimentkinSilentSpectreBloodyHatchetOctobersmokeBmore84Mother_Foxer65 8 votes
Yes, with a penalty system or other solution.
5%
GlamourousLeviathanMottledElm 2 votes
No, I don’t see how this could work.
60%
WeederickSeiko300DaDevilsSkirtanarchy753TaigaUistreelEnderloganYTDawnMadAwkward_FiendcheetocultleaderSkullKidEobardThawnenotstarboardPior_MorteJustZed32Ghouled_MojoK0mp0t1kRepostRiposteIR3KTheTrendNeuslock 21 votes

Comments

• Bmore84
    Bmore84 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, if all survivors are automatically placed in a voice/party together to prevent cross talk with the killer.

Obviously you could do all the yes answers as a possible solution. Just vote on what you think would be best.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37

Yeah definitely, 100%. I just don't know how you'd stop players from being in a separate party, like how would DbD disband you from a party with your friend to join a specific party of survivors? If that's possible, that would be amazing and awesome lol.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Unless I missed something, this just sounds like kyf but you get the bloodpoints. So many people would just be farming easy bloodpoints instead of playing normally. It would be super fun, I love going against people I personally know, but I don't see how it could work without being abused heavily by everyone

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i say yes.

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213

With microphone killer would be just given info about gens, location, and all the info, so no...

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

The devs have absolutely no plans on incorporating voice chat for survivors in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Even if it was in a KYF lobby where a friend was playing killer and you're playing with randoms. It violates one of the core fundamental principles of DBD which is that survivors aren't supposed to be able to communicate with each other. If they were, these systems would have been implemented years ago seeing that DBD is a multiplayer game where teamwork is encouraged. However it never was, and by adding such a system now would only be disingenuous to the character Dead By Daylight has developed as an asymmetrical horror themed title.

Obviously the devs can't stop players from using third party programs such as discord, but at the same time this doesn't mean that they are obligated to embrace those systems and create their own voice comms within DBD. Most players do in fact play solo, Killer is by its very nature a solo experience and most survivors queue as solo randoms in random lobbies.

At the same time I would hardly think many players within the community would appreciate being tossed into a lobby of squeakers. Just in general actually speaking with another random in a game of DBD sounds absolutely horrible considering the infamous reputation the game has for toxicity. Imagine teammates yelling at each other to do this or that: save them from the hook, do gens, roasting each other during the game, venting their frustrations about the killer being "OP" etc. No, no, absolutely not. It would be a horrible idea.

• Neuslock
    Neuslock Member Posts: 18

It wouldent work, outside of the posibility of the killer just farm the survivor and same for the survivor with the killer, even if the game set the survivors on their oun chat box or voice, you could just silence your self af the survivor and just jump to discord on your phone with your killer friend and ruin the game for the ramdoms