As killer, what do you do if the survivor you grabbed doesn't struggle?

AlphaCentauri
AlphaCentauri Member Posts: 30

sometimes I don't struggle, because I see that it doesn't make sense, im lazy, or to see if the killer takes pity on my poor ass. And sometimes it works.

As killer, what do you do if the survivor you grabbed doesn't struggle? 152 votes

I have mercy and I give he a chance
4%
xEaWalker_of_the_fog_96kinCephalon_LebronmostlyghostlyChromeskullcarpet1987 7 votes
I don't care and I kill him
28%
SnakeSound222DaDevilsSkirtF60_31anarchy753Fog_KingRaptorrotasSkeletalEliteNuclearBurritoABannedCatanonymous31337ParallaxDafigo08GlamourousLeviathantenoresaxIronSpectre13Nullclinesmydogmax19Cinnabon488ChurchofPig 44 votes
If he is the last alive, I take him to the hatch
46%
AdelooShrimpTwiggsNanglaurInnCognitoFeraMistBabyCameron10[Deleted User]NekoGamerXObsoleteYuno12345Boosted_DwightSunderMunmusstang62OicimauPassarinoTTaigaUistreelMegaguardainArcticWolfEliteManny7EnderloganYT 70 votes
What a noob
1%
OkKiLLeryukon 2 votes
Other
19%
Seiko300AcromioGHERBEARRULESTerrorUnleashedKeezoMrPenguinDr_LoomisPájaSebaOutbreakSlayer192845[Deleted User]PrettyFaceKateValiant_MajestyanimalmakAwkward_FiendKage_Jihisad_killer_mainVox_NocturneTotemsCleanserMusicNerd_TC 29 votes

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Other

I've already made up my mind before I pick them up. If I want to hook, I hook. If I want to give hatch, I give hatch. Their struggling or not makes no difference.

I've never understood this weird thing where people get worked up if the last survivor struggles. It always seemed like some bizarre power-trip fantasy. Not every one plays this game for hundreds of hours and is privy to the made-up rulebook that says "if you struggle, you die".

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Other

If it's anyone before the last survivor, they get hooked; I may just take them to a further hook for map balance.

For the last person, it's always a toss-up between hatch and hook. I like giving people the hatch, but I don't like the wiggling mechanic when carrying a survivor, so if they wiggle, I'll give a little head shake, and if they keep wiggling, I'll hook them. I just don't want to deal with the pull and stun of it. But also it totally depends on how the game was going. I haven't had a game recently where it fit to give last person hatch (ie. too quick a game, couldn't find last person so it made more sense to close hatch, etc.).

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Other

Yes-yes with the head/snout/proboscis all the way to the hook.

• AlphaCentauri

good to know, I like that the killer fight during the game, and when I am the last and they let me live I see it as something very kind, and I always thank him. I as a killer also do it if he deserve it.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Other

Yeah, I definitely don't do it if the last survivor was like flashlight-clicking or pallet-tbagging me all game, but if they just played normal, I don't see a reason not to. It's also possible to Merciless double-pip if you've gotten enough hook states (I've done it before), so I don't see that last hook for the 4k as necessary. More than happy with a 3k most games. n_n

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I don't care. They're going on that hook. I'm not the type of Killer to give Hatch.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

But it doesnt mean i will keep the survivor alive

• AlphaCentauri

I agree with you. And I seriously hate players that are flashlighting me all game, they go straight to hook lol

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

But it doesnt mean i will keep the survivor alive

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Hang him up.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

If there are other people in the match, I'll still hook them because they'll most likely be saved. Usually when a Survivor stops struggling it's because they've given up. I won't always give them the hatch, it kinda depends on how they did as a team and if I feel like I had fun.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Other

If there's somebody nearby and I'm in a position where I can afford to goof around a little bit then I'll carry them like a backpack and slowly chase people for about 20-30 seconds

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Other

Depends a lot on the survivor who they're playing (I'm biased), what they match has been like (for example if people disconnected I usually let the last one go) and if I have any rituals pending (for example if I have a sacrifice ritual or whatever and need the sacrifice I won't let them go).

Most times I have already decided what I will do even before I pick them up so

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454
    Other

If i'm lacking sacrifice points, ######### gets hooked, if im pretty well off & i feel they actually deserve the escape, i'll give'em hatch. If they're just not wiggling in the middle of the game, free hook of my choice.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Yeah. Dont struggle and you may live.

• AlphaCentauri
  • TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Other

I like Steve and Dwight so if they're playing those survivors there's a higher chance I'll let them escape :P

• WalkedMoss92
    WalkedMoss92 Member Posts: 275

I get excited when they don't start struggling because it's like "You think I'm going to spare you?" For a brief moment they'll be happy because they think i'll give them hatch and then I put them in the basement while nodding my head at them.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Other

Depends how they acted throughout the match.

If they were an underdog who tried hard or someone who has been a good egg...they might be shown mercy.

But if they: tea-bagged, clicked, pointed, beckoned, repeatedly flashlight saved, repeatedly hook sabotaged, repeatedly locker-stunned...this joker has got a hook with their name on it.

If they were a player who significantly irritated me...you're getting sacrificed whatever you struggle or not.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Or if they're not dead on hook, I take them to a better positioned hook that would be risky otherwise.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Other

They're going to the back hook in the basement :).

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

Just put them on the hook and play like how I normally do.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

At least for me its from a lot of potato survivors who flat out can't understand your trying to give them hatch then wiggle out and try to run away from you and try to hide.

For me is if you're not struggling you just want the game to be over and you accept what I am going to do either way aka not going to try to annoy me if I am trying to give you the hatch.

• Pája
    Pája Member Posts: 28
    Other

Depends on the survivor. If hes toxic teabagger I kill him. If he was respectfull I will sometimes give the hatch.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

Are they gonna give me their kill if it happens that all of the 4 survivors menage to escape? No. Then there is no way I'm giving them the hatch.

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Other

It depends. If they were being toxic to me or the other survivors, i'll walk them across the map just to get a basement hook. Otherwise I give them the hatch or open a gate and let them crawl to freedom.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

As long as they weren’t an ass, I’ll spare them. If they start wiggling then there’s no mercy, they’re dead.

As survivor I always make sure to sit still if I’m the last one left lol. Doesn’t always work out but a lot of the time it does.

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

after playing solo survivor to rank 3, I always give survivor teams that are doing pretty bad a free exit; not really farming, just two hooks and I leave them alone.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

I just play the game as it's meant to be played.

If you want to escape then earn it. No freebies. (Although the new hatch mechanic can end up being a freebie).

If someone d/c then I might ease up a bit. If it effects the game (i.e. d/c on final hook doen't effect anyone, so play as normal).

Having said that, killers deserve their blood points just as much as survivors. So why put yourself at a loss just because someone d/c. Why should survivor always get the special treatment in that case?

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Other

If the survivor is the last alive, I'll typically run around stupidly anyway, and allow them to escape my grip. Then, I'll chase them around constantly until I get them, when I'll then let them go once more. After a few times, I'll carry them to the hook to earn that illusive kill. Big sad ;)

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Other

OTHER

I have no reason to have mercy in a survivor-sided game. If killers were like...EXTREMELY OP to a point of being unfair to play against, maybe I'd have mercy.

If it's the last survivor and they don't struggle, they'll get hatch depending on several factors:

• Their behavior during the match: if they were cocky/disrespectful towards me, they won't get hatch, obviously.
    • My mood: if I'm in a good mod and the first condition is positive, they are likely to get the hatch. Still, nothing is guaranteed.

If they want my mercy and hatch if they are the last one standing, they'll have to had earned it during the match.

Nothing comes for free in this life.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    Other

Usually I just hook them to get the match over with and move on. If I feel like they had a really rough game for whatever reason, I'll let them get hatch or the gate.

Although you never see survivors give you a kill for having a rough game, feels bad.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Of course my taking them to the Hatch depends on me knowing where it is. I'm not going to run around like a fool looking for it forever. If I don't find it right away or know where it is... the person will get sac'd.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Up to the basement you go.

• Valiant_Majesty
    Valiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39
    Other

It depends for me. If they were either really good in chase (no clicky or teabaggy, mind you 😂), or seem like they are rather new and cannot loop me to save their life, I will usually give them the hatch.

...But if I'm feeling spicy, I'll use a yellow mori if they clicky click >:3

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Other

Just depends on how I'm feeling in that very moment.

• Neuslock
    Neuslock Member Posts: 18

Well it depends on 2 factors

How did they fight back, will get them eighter hatch if i liked or hoock if was just flash lights and tee bagging on pallests

And my favorite, if i have a mori i'll bring them near eighter the exit or the hatch, realease them.... and mori them

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Uh, hook them duh. I'll never show mercy to them.

• AlphaCentauri

Sometimes i do that haha, I feel bad for the killer, because he is not very good, they all escaped or were bothering him the whole game, in those cases I usually make him chase me at the end so that he kills me

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

I couldn't care less while playing killer in this game. I usually get 2 hooks on people and let them get out after that. Couldnt care less about killing them, i usually pip anyway. If survivors are giving me a genuine game I'll play properly but my killer rank is so under levelled from lack of use that its not fair me playing against rank 20s etc. I like to brighten up people's days while playing. Most of the killers I face are tunnelling asshats, its nice to make sure someone is being given a break once in a while.