BHVR why would killers skip SWFs?

2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, the stark reality is that survivors always have the true power of SWF at their fingertips, and that's called "doing the gens". Which is a bit wierd given that most times I think I'm going against a party their friends list tells me I'm right, but I have had plenty of solo games full of terrible loopers that play extremely safe and all escape because of super quick gens. Don't get me wrong, it's even more annoying when the full parties break out OoO, DS/UB, all that nonsense, but it's honestly just icing on the shite cake of not-running-away-and-hiding-every-time-you-hear-a-heartbeat.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

People like to blame SWF for their losses too much, but it's also absurd how many people don't realize the huge amount of FREE info survivors in a group get. If I got to choose between going against a group that got free Kindred, Empathy, Bond, Aftercare etc so they can run all the meta stuff and not miss out on vital info... Or a group that is forced to choose between these aura perks and the meta perks, I'd pick the second option every time.

Imagine if every killer just got a bunch of tracking perks for free so every single one could run 3 slowdown perks and NOED every game. People would be pissed.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i win a lot i just saying to get that win is a pain take to much work then it should be.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Good solo players are hard to beat as well. And SWF is basically the same thing. Why play solo when you can get easier matches with friends?

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2020

BHVR have said that they want to bring solo players up to SWF's level instead of nerfing SWF, but despite all of their buffs, and attempts to do so, there is literally only 1 thing that will do it: voice communication. If BHVR were serious about bringing solo up to the standard set by SWF, they would have incorporated Voice communication between survivors long ago. TBH, at this point I really wish they would and just get it over with. Implementing Voice comms in the game by default would actually turn out to be a huge benefit.

Not only would it allow players to be more competitive, It would also show BHVR how they should buff killers in order for them to be strong enough effectively compete as well. On top of this, SWF in a lobby wouldn't matter as much, and thus there would be no reason for killers to dodge SWF lobbies vs solo lobbies. Sure, it would also allow players to verbally abuse each other, but we also have a reporting system, and just about anyone can record their games these days, so with a few tweaks to the report system, It's not like it would go unpunished.

Honestly, I've said it for years, If BHVR want to bring solo up to SWF's level, they just need to add Voice communication. Instead they are tip toeing around this fact to come up with creative ways to buff solo players, but then have to compensate by buffing killers, and compensate again and again etc... in other words they are taking the hardest path to achieve the same goal, when the simplest answer has been in their face the entire time but they're inexplicably and purposely avoiding it.

My only theory as to why they are taking this approach is because they Know how much more powerful a team of survivors with voice communication is, and they don't want to have to massively buff every killer to compensate for it. The problem with that logic however, is that the killers are still at a disadvantage against teams with voice comms regardless, and they know it, so when they know they are up against an SWF team: they dodge the lobby.

TL;DR

BHVR, Please Just add voice communication to the game, collect data, and buff killers as necessary to compensate for the survivors advantage. That's the actual solution to close the gap between solo and SWF.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Extremely well put and as usual they don't address that elephant that everyone can see

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

I like to face swf. It's challenging.

The only thing i dodge is key.

I will wait for new frankin and key+mori rework.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

to answer the title:

for the same reason as to why survivors DC against killers / maps / offerings / add ons they dont like.

because there are some people who just want to have the easiest games possible where they can stomp everyone with little to no effort.

they dont want to encourage that behavior, therefore they dont show it pre game. though there really is no reason i could get behind that justifies them hiding it in end game aswell.

i wont deny that there are groups that are just overly toxic / competetive and who only play to eigther ruin a killers fun / to win asap who i would understand dodging pre game, but thats a vast minority of the SWFs out there. and if you find yourself with such a group, keep some of their names in mind / write them down. there, now you know how they play and you can actively avoid them in your next lobby search.

most will just assume that thats how a SWF is going to play though, which would end up in almost every 4 man SWF out there being dodged repeatedly.

please keep in mind that MOST of the SWFs out there are really just friends trying to play together and have some fun.

not all are the super competetive optimal survivors abusing OP advantages some love to talk about.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Bruh, killers used to dodge based on clothing & items, killers will percieve what ever they want as an advantage, even if the team is solos they still dodge constantly.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

They haven't done any buffs, that's the problem.

Literally NOTHING.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

And most of those refuse to see a (good or bad) SWF as a challenge to learn from, and instead complain about "unwinnable" games and afk, rage quit, or make forum posts.

I get it. A good SWF is much better than 4 potatoes. But why play if you can only win against ######### players? Why not try to get better.

• snozer

Because there is nothing you can do against GOOD survivors in a swf. If you chase someone off a gen at 99% and kick it, that gen would regress and buy you some time. in a swf game Jeff calls Bruce over to finish it and then go back to his gen at 2%

A swf game always has 2 people repairing at all times. While solo waste time with multiple people going for saves or to pick the slug up.

There is zero uncertainty about where your traps are. everyone knows where your totem is. Everyone has a rough idea of where you are at all times.

I honestly don't know how a swf ever loses against normal killers like myers or pig, beyond them just being bad at the game.

• Carpemortum
    edited July 2020

Theres plenty you can do. Including, as you seem to have missed my point completely, LEARN.

If you don't give up against every tough game (let's say 4 man swf, good ones. Which are less than 5/10% of all games anyway) you start to learn where you can improve, what you can do differently or more efficiently, what to avoid doing and not fall for. Because if you only ever play bad teams, you can use low level mediocre tactics to your hearts content and win.

You learn NOTHING by beating people worse than you, and you learn a TON by going against tougher opponents. That's how experience works.

If I play a kid who's NEVER played chess before, ofc I'll win. Every time. But if I play a grandmaster, I'll likely lose. However along the way I'll see what moves are good, bad, or just a wasteof time, as well as learning from my opponent.

No, you cant win every game, boo hoo. But you can stop giving up at a challenge and LEARN from it.

And this is all ignoring the fact that most swf (even the good ones) are super altruistic, and are humans, therefore make mistakes. You CAN win against them (not every game, otherwise why even play? Its handed to you if you know you cant lose), just not with tactics used against 4 solos. 🤷‍♀️

• snozer

You do know you are talking about a game with physical and forced limitations right?

a killer can only walk so fast and do one thing at a time. Once you learn how to abuse this and understand pathing on every tile then you just... win.

• Carpemortum
    edited July 2020

Until you encounter a halfway decent killer with a brain.

You do know killers are faster than survivors right?

And that they can see where the gens (survivor objextives) are right?

You do realize in my comparison, that chess has physical limitations, such as which moves can and cant be made, RIGHT?

It being "a game" doesnt change how you improve. Practice and experience.

But yeah. Keep thinking that hon.

• snozer

Having a brain doesn't change anything when there are safe points on each tile that let you see what the killer is doing.

Just watch otz or tru3 when they play survivor. so disinterested and relaxed because they know the killer can't do anything. The best part is when they start going "you can't get me, why are you still chasing me?"

What if nobody is a weak link?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

The only reason why I would like a "SWF icon" is to bring something equal as addons, I don't want to play as a trapper against a SWF because if one knows about your traps, everyone knows about it.

But playing against a SWF helps you get better at the game faster, it was worse before when I started, I remember the classic 3 real red ranks and 1 brown rank vs a Baby killer (me), with real insta heals, real infinites but I guess we all are different and have different opinions.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Lol like red rank ls actually matter of skill, but if someone doesn't want to adapt then it won't matter anyways.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
  • stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

The clear problem I see is if you Buff killers to deal with SWF then, solos are going to have a real hard time. I'm not sure how much of the player base is SWF. If cross platform happens, I think SWF numbers will go up. I have more friends I could play with but they are on console.

I play SWF with my son, it's just two of us not a whole 4 man. It is helpful to be able to talk to each other, no doubt but, I don't feel like it's game breaking and we still lose quite often.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

i can't tell if that guy is meming or is genuinely that stupid, this game has never been balanced around comms, if it was balanced around it then there would be no need for a 3rd party software to enable comms

• BlackRainbow
    BlackRainbow Member Posts: 40

Tbh, every killer would skip if they know it's a swf team.

Then ppl wouldn't be able to play with their friends, or need a longer time to find a killer. It would be annoying.

I don't think this will ever change. Many ppl only play with friends, so they would stop I guess.