Why I think Springtrap would be a great addition to this game

Options
Dabihwow
Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Hey guys its Dabih and I wanted to talk about a subject I wanted to talk about but didn't have the courage to mostly because of what this subject is. And that is Springtrap being in DBD, I know how controversial this is, and how many people hate the idea. But this is something I wanted to get off my shoulders and talk about. So to begin why I think he would be a great addition is because he is a memorable and iconic character in the horror genre, and the Fnaf game is a very memorable, popular, and important pinnacle of the horror franchise. And the fact that the game is painted to some as a kids game is kinda sad to me, the thing is that Fnaf is considered this because of its audience. When it came out it was never intended to be for a younger audience but during the time it was released it was difficult to control what you could watch on Youtube and I think you know the rest of the story. But by then the damage was done and Scott Cawthon couldn't really do anything( meaning: make it more graphic and violent, or swearing/ basically anything to make the game rated M) about it when a great majority of fans of the game were young

I say Fnaf is a pinnacle of horror for its jump scares, all of those who played the original 4 know what I'm talking about there was a level of fear that was within Fnaf that made it very uncomfortable to play, it was just the tone it had. I think it was a smart to create something that we usually would love and make it into something terrifying works greatly and at times you felt utterly helpless also that heightened the fear within the games. The Jumpscares are terrifying for the fact it was right in front in your face made it all the more scary and were unsuspecting. I think the franchise has made its mark in the history of horror.

Now here is a personal level for me why I would love to see Spring trap in the game. When I was growing up in school i would here people talk about a game called Five Nights at Freddys, I was curious and looked it up and to my surprise it was popular seriously back then if you looked up fnaf you would see tons of youtube videos with theories and gameplay, I mean this was the crave back then and still is today(to some degree). A group in my school who were big fans of the franchise had a little get together at times, I was social outcast and me being a fan of the game and actually connecting with people that enjoyed what I enjoyed made me feel accepted. I joined the group and I became happier and more self esteem, we had many great discussions sharing our experiences of the game, they were fun. Overtime I felt better about myself and I didn't consider myself an outcast anymore, in a way FNAF has changed my life for the long run. Even when it became more kid friendly at times I reminded myself this is a game I will stick with for a long long time, because it really was a dark and twisted series. After a while my love for the franchise died slightly, and this when I got into dbd and when I heard someone started a petition to get Springtrap in the game I was down for it immediately. I really want this to be in the game because fnaf was the first ever horror series I actually got into, I mean this was my childhood, this game made me into a huge fan of horror and introduced me to a genre I truly love, and I thank the game for that, it would make me and some other people happy to see the game that cemented my love for horror in general into dbd, and honestly I think if it were ever to come to the game it will show what Fnaf could've been, a darker more gruesome tone than what was given. Thank you that is all I have to say and I know I'm digging my grave but that's okay, I'm willing to admit that I am someone who supports this.

Comments